• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But guys were saying this Copa wasn't official, and it clearly is.

An official title, registered with FIFA, that will coexist with the 2015 title.

I think I was one of those guys :p but by "not official" I meant this Copa is not the next traditional Copa América, which is played every 4 years.

When this Copa Centenario was announced, everybody in Chile was "ohh crap, so if we don't win again, we'll be the champions for only 1 year? that sucks!". Then our federation stated what now has been said by Conmebol.

With that information, it was a good amount of pressure from media, guys at the federation and fans to go with a B Team so Sampaoli could try new players blabla, but since Sampaoli resigned and we began to play like crap, that B Team idea was discarded cause everyone realized Pizzi was going to need a fair amount of time to try to improve our game with the A team.

That's basically why we ended surprised about earlier Domínguez's comments.

tim.mbp

Not really, I doubt I will watch it, but I want Colombia to win because:

a) They play a much more beautiful football than USA.
b) I like the idea of Conmebol teams being the numbers 1, 2 & 3 in this tournament.

giphy.gif

tim.mbp

#USMNT XI: Howard, Yedlin, Orozco, Cameron, Besler, Jones, Bradley, Bedoya, Zardes, Dempsey, Wood.

Los XI de #Col: Ospina, Arias, Zapata, Murillo, Fabra, Cuadrado, Celís, Torres, Cardona, James, y Bacca.

Edit: Was hoping Colombia would rest some guys and make for a slightly easier game for the US. Oh well.

Lkr

#USMNT XI: Howard, Yedlin, Orozco, Cameron, Besler, Jones, Bradley, Bedoya, Zardes, Dempsey, Wood.

Los XI de #Col: Ospina, Arias, Zapata, Murillo, Fabra, Cuadrado, Celís, Torres, Cardona, James, y Bacca.

Edit: Was hoping Colombia would rest some guys and make for a slightly easier game for the US. Oh well.

lol is this for real? i thought guzan was being given the reigns for the tournament? not like you can blame him for the argentina game

After the tonight, we'll either finish the tournament 3-3 or 4-2.

The latter sounds better. Not to mention it'll mean we will have finished higher than any previous non-CONCACAF competition.

Lkr

You can blame him for the first goal.

And the third goal he probably could have parried better.

the other 10 guys didn't contribute anything, i think it is wrong to put a lot of the blame on him. i don't know how howard will come in and be any better either, when was the last time he actually played a game?

Mory Dunz

the other 10 guys didn't contribute anything, i think it is wrong to put a lot of the blame on him. i don't know how howard will come in and be any better either, when was the last time he actually played a game?

Didn't he play the last couple of everton games

Dartastic

Nagbe not being on the field is immensely frustrating. If he plans to bring him into the team for 2018 we have to give him meaningful minutes. Ugh.

Howard is completely out of form. I'm not saying he would do any better.

But fact is, Guzan definitely should have stopped the first goal. He either should have came out and caught the ball or stayed on his line. But he got caught in no man's land of indecision and he got burned. Obviously that goal wasn't entirely his responsibility, but it's one he definitely could have stopped. If we don't allow that early goal, then the tone of the match changes.

IMO, Guzan is the weakest #1 keeper the US has had in 3 decades.

I would like us to at least play better this time against them, especially on defense. We pretty much let Argentina walk on our faces, showing some dignity out there isn't too much to ask is it?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Howard is completely out of form. I'm not saying he would do any better.

But fact is, Guzan definitely should have stopped the first goal. He either should have came out and caught the ball or stayed on his line. But he got caught in no man's land of indecision and he got burned. Obviously that goal wasn't entirely his responsibility, but it's one he definitely could have stopped. If we don't allow that early goal, then the tone of the match changes.

IMO, Guzan is the weakest #1 keeper the US has had in 3 decades.

The fact Robles isn't even rated by Klinsmann is a goddamn crime.

Also I would have subbed out Bradely for today's match. For both his poor performance and his comments after the game. If he doesn't want to play in a third place match, then he can ride the pine.

Mory Dunz

We really need to get Yedlin down that wing.

Cameron shouldn't be making the most positive passes out of the back. Jones and Bradley need to be more positive.

NOOO REF
Zardes was getting to that first. I think...

This thread is moving very slow considering the US is playing in a third place match in a major tournament... where are all the Colombians as well?

Bunch of fair-weather fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom