• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
USA strikers are making me facepalm. They shoot the ball everywhere except towards the rival goal.

well at least they managed to shoot the ball and hit a post unlike vs Argentina.
bad game for US forwards overall.
shit just saw the red....like why would you do that? so dumb.

Alebrije

New generation is doing pretty good.
image.php

Dartastic

Trash. Should have added at least another minute or two to the clock due to all that shit that was happening at the end of the game.
ahh I just saw the last part. Still unnecessary.
I don't disagree, but at least you've got your explanation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Colombia won because Bacca made a Homer.

I want to apologize in the name of every Colombian. What an embarrassing display.

Try should've just played the jackass theme instead of the national anthems.

Toxi

Banned
Embarrassing game from both teams. Colombia's defense was a disaster and they basically gave the US the midfield for most of the second half. The US in turn couldn't score a single goal if it was handed them to them on a silver platter.

Now I see why the USA hasn't scored. Their offense is pure weak sauce. Poor passing and their ball handling skills are lacking.

Where have you been. Duh.

It's frustrating as fuck that there is no real $$$ behind making our young players here in the states more interested in the sport of soccer.

Control, strength, pace, touch....start at age 4.....go from there. Hit the inner cities...look for young talent there....

RIP in pepperonis

Well....we can't say we didn't have chances against Colombia. We played a lot better in Round 2 and were swimming in great opportunities and couldn't convert one. In the end, we just didn't get it done.

Mory Dunz

Welp...bad game.

If you can't score against a bad looking defense, then what can you expect.

I think Jones may be done though. Nagbe looks good in tight situations. He may need to start starting. Pulisic can be on the bench for a bit.

I guess the only problem is losing Jones's defense and aerial?

denx

The indecision of USA's offense cost them the game. They never knew what to do with the ball when they were in front of Colombia's goal.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
U.S players are a bunch of idiots. Yedlin got two yellows in a span of 30 seconds three games ago. Then Jones got a straight red card in Quarterfinal for acting like a jackass and then Bobby Wood yellow carded himself out of the semifinal too. And now this fuckface literally slaps a guy right in front of the referee. How stupid do you have to be to do that? It's like they are 2 year olds.

trembli0s

Honestly, that was a really exciting game. The US looked miles better tonigh than against Argentina. If these pieces all stay, the US can make some noise at the WC.

Need to finish chances.

Tagyhag

While the US definitely had their chances, 4th place is pretty damn respectable on a tournament that has CONMEBOL teams.

Colombia deserved that 3rd place but some of their tactics are dirty, it's not a good look. Especially for James who's supposed to be the face of the team.

Congrats to Colombia-GAF for the third place, but damn... horrible ending for you, guys.

James is pretty much the dictionary definition of overrated.

Ospina is absolutely awesome, though. Fantastic goalkeeper. In my opinion, the best in this tournament.

Welp...bad game.

If you can't score against a bad looking defense, then what can you expect.

I think Jones may be done though. Nagbe looks good in tight situations. He may need to start starting. Pulisic can be on the bench for a bit.

I guess the only problem is losing Jones's defense and aerial?

Bradley and Jones need to be off the team. Are there seriously no better players in the US in their 20s? Seriously?

And WHERE THE HELL WAS BROOKS? It's still 0-0 if he plays.

Dmented

Banned
U.S players are a bunch of idiots. Yedlin got two yellows in a span of 30 seconds three games ago. Then Jones got a straight red card in Quarterfinal for acting like a jackass and then Bobby Wood yellow carded himself out of the semifinal too. And now this fuckface literally slaps a guy right in front of the referee. How stupid do you have to be to do that? It's like they are 2 year olds.

I guess when you know you're ass, you act out like a child. It's sad but it's the best the US can do atm really. :/

Dartastic

Frankly, the loss doesn't bother me at all. It's the lack of meaningful minutes for some of the younger, supporting cast like Nagbe and Pulisic in this game. They're both going to be part of the 2018 squad almost guaranteed, why not give them more than 10 or 20 minutes in games like this?
Bradley and Jones need to be off the team. Are there seriously no better players in the US in their 20s? Seriously?
Nagbe is 25. No reason Jones should be on the field in a game like this, even though he admittedly played pretty well today.

ZZMitch

I, for one, am very excited to never see Orozco wear a USMNT jersey ever again

Nesotenso

Colombia had one brilliant moment and the US trio of Zardes, Dempsey and Wood didn't make most of their chances. At this level you have to be more decisive in the box.

I, for one, am very excited to never see Orozco wear a USMNT jersey ever again

actually he filled in for Johnson quite well tonight. Shouldn't have lost his cool. Ref was right there and saw the head butt. I guess there were words being exchanged which made the situation heated.

Argentina and Chile are a class above the rest of the field really. But have to favor Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom