• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you go in for a tackle that aggressive when ou already have a yellow card on you? That was a ver earned second yellow card. Jesus.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That was a stupid red card to get. Both cards could have been avoided. Too bad because the game was nice in the first half. Uruguay seems to play too chaotic though.

Salsa

That was a stupid red card to get. Both cards could have been avoided. Too bad because the game was nice in the first half. Uruguay seems to play too chaotic though.

I think we're pretty even

Mexico got real lucky with what IMO was a very clear red car on an awful challenge

Mexico's playing well but match is a bummer, not for a regular viewer but for whoever's cheering

I dont mind losing when the other team is playing deservedly better on even field

I mind when we lose by own goal and get double yellow on a first half

getting mad at the other team is fun, gettin mad at your own team is a bummer

I feel you, Stupid Anthem mistake, bad start, plus lost the ball to end in a red card. Feels like the world is against you

Salsa

How can you go in for a tackle that aggressive when ou already have a yellow card on you? That was a ver earned second yellow card. Jesus.

when you're getting called puto the whole game by 99 percent of the stadium

I mean, no excuse, but garra tends to beat professionalism in this part of the world, dunno why people are surprised

I called it literally like a minute before it happened

Eila

I mean, no excuse, but garra tends to beat professionalism in this part of the world, dunno why people are surprised

Lol do you think these players are not used to hostile environements? He lost his temper because Uruguay have not been allowed to play their football.

I wouldn't play Suarez tbh. There's always a chance he gets even more injured and they should win their next two matches to advance.

Mestizo

I've never heard of sudaca nor do I know what it is, but I'm not surprised. Evra always struck me as a jerk.

Well I'm latin american and I live in Spain and "sudaca" is only a pejorative term to south americans but it isn't "highly insulting". They are just cultural things, I find "negro" most offensive than "sudaca". I lived in Italy (for 12 years) and they are even more racists than spaniards but they don't have specific terms to latin americans.

Salsa

Lol do you think these players are not used to hostile environements? He lost his temper because Uruguay have not been allowed to play their football.

I am very aware of these players and how these matches go

I knew this would happen and like I said I mentioned it like twice last page

bit surprised that it was Vecino if anything

it boils down to anger over frustration, that happens a lot to any peer futbol country here

as opposed to say European soccer which ultimately is still a bit more posh

the double yellow is hella dumb, but surprising it is not

To all of you saying this is over, you obviously don't know that against Uruguay isn't over until the game is actually over.

Mexico really needs to score again, otherwise the players will be exposing themselves to a dangerous gambling.

I saw. You definitely did. But that doesn't make that mistake any less stupid. These guys are multi millionaire professionals. I don't care about the garra, they need to behave accordingly.

mozfan12

Banned
There is a rumor on ESPN Deportes that Copa America will be played in the U.S. every four years from now on. Seems like a terrible thing. We already have the Gold Cup here every two years with the hosting country never changing. These federations see the U.S. as a goldmine.

volgihn

There is a rumor on ESPN Deportes that Copa America will be played in the U.S. every four years from now on. Seems like a terrible thing. We already have the Gold Cup here every two years with the hosting country never changing. These federations see the U.S. as a goldmine.

I'm totally fine with this. I would be able to attend more matches.

Copa America is played every three years, not four, and next up are Brazil and Ecuador.

i like it as an american because i can see more teams i wouldn't normally. I dislike it as an american because it's not our tournament.

If this means no more Gold Cups im all for it. Disappear that mediocre tournament and have this new merged Copa America give two Confederations Cup tickets and it's already better.

mozfan12

Banned
Mexico played well, but if we don't show that dominance on the score line it means nothing. I don't think we had another clear shot on goal after the goal. I'm weary of the Uruguayan counter attack and dead ball even with 10 men.

Copa America is played every three years, not four, and next up are Brazil and Ecuador.
Copa America has had every rotation possible. Yearly, every 2, every 3, every 4, it's even lasted a whole year with multiple venues instead of one host in a few weeks.

Copa America has been on a 4 year rotation since Venezuela 2007. This one is the exception being held one year after Chile's 2015 one because of 100 year celebrations (1916-2016).

Salsa

I'll never get Tabarez' love for Lodeiro

he's the most "okay" player ever

there's a ton of local players who could already replace him if they made the national team

it's weird

mreddie

Oh god why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom