• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rivalry? Mexico has just beaten Argentina one time in an official match. There's animosity from Mexico towards Argentina because of what happened in 2006 and 2010.

I imagine most of them are Messi fans.
Argentina is perhaps Mexico's most consistent and regular executioner in official matches. Contrary to Brazil which since the 90s has found Mexico to be a tough pill to swallow during official games (where they more often than not choke on us including in the 1999 Confederations final, Olympic 2012 final, Copa America 2007, U-17 2005 final, all won by Mexico, and a dramatic 0-0 with Brazil as host in 2014 WC).

Mexico calls Argentina "daddy" and they earned it. But we don't have to like the paternity.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Argentina is perhaps Mexico's most consistent and regular executioner in official matches. Contrary to Brazil which since the 90s has found Mexico to be a tough pill to swallow during official games (where they more often than not choke on us including in the 1999 Confederations final, Olympic 2012 final, Copa America 2007, U-17 2005 final, all won by Mexico, and a dramatic 0-0 with Brazil as host in 2014 WC).

Mexico calls Argentina "daddy" and they earned it. But we don't have to like the paternity.
The face-to-face between Argentina and Mexico is so one-sided it cannot be considered a rivalry. They are our kryptonite.

v1lla21

Forgot my phone in the car :( quick thoughts. Game is sloppy as fuck with a lot of shit passes. From where I'm sitting it looked like it should've been a red for Vidal but whatever I hate the dude. Di Maria is a beast.

Santiako

I thought it was a really fun first half. Sloppy as hell, but really fun.

^^:EDIT: Messi got injured in the last friendly. Hopefully he plays second half.

Tarkus

I wish Fox could hire Fernando Palomo to call these games. That dude is the greatest. He's more exciting than the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom