• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this tournament is not official, so it means Chile will be remembered forever as the last champion.

Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! B-)

BwiSZp1IMAEDB7W.jpg

It looks like a simple card, but when you look at it carefully, it has more cups than ...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It isn't really so much USA fans -- it's legit crazy impressive how many intl fans there are here. Went to US-Colombia in San Jose and it was a sellout (yeah some people don't show up, but I bought two of the last seats available so I know none were available for sale within a short time) but like 80/20 Colombia fans. I'm also a Cardinals and Suns fan so used to being outnumbered here but didn't expect it so bad at this match haha. Colombia fans were all totally cool though props to them.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
May I have a suggestion for the OP? I think it would be better to put the schedule somewhere closer to the top of the post now, seems more intuitive to check it there rather than scroll through all the teams lists first.

shoplifter

MLS shouldn't let "unofficial" news be published on their website. It's already been pulled.

MLS shouldn't be reporting news anyway but 9 times out of 10 its the only way they can get coverage of the league because even the local outlets barely cover it in cities WITH teams.

Something Random, but Rafa Marquez always came off to me as a guy who would let himself go at 35, stop caring, and basically becoming a lazy player.

Yet, hes in much better shape since he came back from MLS, not as dirty as he was, more of a quite player, and plays like he gives a damn for Mexico. Funny, I guess he grew up a bit.Sucks that he'll be gone soon, but I kinda hope he goes to Russia and become a 5 time world cup player and Captain.

Blue Lou

A Journalist complains that the organizers aren't doing enough to explain the history of the competition.

There was no black and white video before the game showing great moments of past tournaments, no former players on the field to greet fans before the game, no retro memorabilia not even a photo of Pele or Maradona on the walls of the stadium. As far as I could see – nothing that was designed to commemorate the wonderful and rich history of the oldest continental football tournament in the world.

http://especiales.univision.com/blo.../?hootPostID=2ab1bbac0ca1e953d146cb7a85e9497f

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I love the idea of merging the two tournaments. I hate the idea of it being in the US every single time.
Not me. Why would we want concacrap fodder teams shittin up the tournament. Just have Mexico in it and invite idk Japan or Korea or Costa Rica then we good. Also usa brings in a lot of money from mexico and south anerican fans so might as well take it and run with it.
Also go chile and Panama.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm ambivalent towards merging the leagues.
But being in the US every single time is a terrible idea, as that alienates the vast majority of South Americans (traveling to the US is not cheap, and then there are the visa issues).

It looks like a simple card, but when you look at it carefully, it has more cups than ...
These were funny as a way to troll Chile when they didn't have any cups. Now not so much :p

So yesterday they play the Chilean anthem for Uruguay and today they put Bolivia's flag upside down? Haha wonder what they'll screw up next.

Man watching the pregame for Argentina/Chile it's full of Argentinians! Lot of Mexicans rooting for Argentina too.

Dis gon be gud.

Supposedly all 70.000 tickets were sold.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man watching the pregame for Argentina/Chile it's full of Argentinians! Lot of Mexicans rooting for Argentina too.

Dis gon be gud.

Supposedly all 70.000 tickets were sold.
With the result yesterday, Mexico is likely coming at the top of the group, so it's in their best interest that Argentina does too.

Wow that's surprising. I thought Argentinians and Mexicans were soccer rivals.
Argentina's rivals are Brazil and England
and us.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wow that's surprising. I thought Argentinians and Mexicans were soccer rivals.
What rivalry? Mexico has just beaten Argentina one time in an official match. There's animosity from Mexico towards Argentina because of what happened in 2006 and 2010.

I imagine most of them are Messi fans.

Eila

With the result yesterday, Mexico is likely coming at the top of the group, so it's in their best interest that Argentina does too.

Argentina's rivals are Brazil and England
and us.

I am ok with Chile topping the group so long as Panama end second.

Calling it now, Argentina 3, Chile 2.

About the uruguyan fiasco from yesterday, over here in the Caracol transmission they said that rehearsals are made with the anthems, and that chileand commentators noticed that they were playing the wrong one but assumed there was a reason for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom