• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

I don't know what a quarterback is, I'm a Bears fan. :p

giphy.gif

Tarkus

That should be more than enough so long as Paraguay doesn't surprise anyone tonight.

No no, they should win. Makes our path through a bit easier. So long as they go undefeated we go through with almost any result at this point. Short of actually losing to Paraguay nothing would eliminate us.
It's a personal thing

Niks

Looks like James is starting.

I can't even remember when was the last time we lost against Paraguay, and against better teams than the one they have today.

Not saying it's impossible, but its just so... improbable.

If Paraguay plays defensively, they could hurt Colombia on the counter. Worked against Argentina last game they played?

James with the start is a bit shocking.

I do hope Colombia thwacks Paraguay here. Although since I'm going to the COL - CRC game on Saturday I would welcome a tie just to squeeze a little drama in.

Looks like James is starting.

If Paraguay plays defensively, they could hurt Colombia on the counter. Worked against Argentina last game they played?

It has literally never worked against Colombia. We're actually one of their matchups.

An interesting tidbit? Paraguay usually beats Brazil, and Brazil always beats Colombia... yet Paraguay usually loses by quite a bit against Colombia every single time.

EDIT: Also, we're playing the same team that playeda against the US. I don't know why James is there, I thought Pekerman would try something different. He only has this game (and the next one if we win) to experiment with the team.

Congrats US, couldn't watch the match because I was out but I just saw the highlights. Between the first goal and the second there was a few missed clear chances, I wonder how you took all that live haha.

(The penalty was legit)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It doesn't really matter unless Paraguay beats Colombia by more than 2 goals. Otherwise Paraguay needs to win against US to go through.

If they beat Colombia and then tie us then they're through. From there we'd be counting on CR to beat Colombia. A tie or loss by Paraguay in this game would be the best result for us.

Which outcome is better for the first knockout match, winning the group or finishing second?

Probably winning, but unless we're 100% sure we'll beat Paraguay I'd rather not risk it.

Which outcome is better for the first knockout match, winning the group or finishing second?

I think you should forget first place and think exclusively in passing to quarters.
A win by Colombia or a tie is the best option since you'll have two 2/3 good results against Paraguay.
Colombia losing means trouble since you'll have to win the last match.

IMO second. We would avoid Argentina assuming all goes as planned.

Ah I see. Well I don't see the Argies failing at winning their group, so I guess we should go for second? I guess I'll root for Colombia then.

I wish I could have an ad-blocker for TV so I could filter out this stupid Sprint ad with the whistle that goes on forever. If Sprint's goal was to make me actively hate them with this ad, they have succeeded in dramatic fashion.

I feel like if they're going to do this "Map of the Americas" bit, they could at least give some meaningful tidbits of information about the countries.

More than likely, Brazil will be the winner of Group B. Peru would be a better match up for the US so if that all goes to plan, US would do better as the winner of the group.
Have to disagree. That path is Peru and Argentina instead of Mexico and Brazil probably.

It's pretty awesome when they play the right national anthem amirite guys

edit:

The Rose Bowl seats over 90,000 and that stadium looks mostly full. There's a LOT of people there right now, mostly Colombia fans it seems

Mory Dunz

I'd rather face argentina than Brazil.

argentina is better, but brazil owns us. No matter what. They just do.
Argentina would own us too but we have a 1% chance of winning as opposed to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom