• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so James was storing energy for the Copa when he was being shit all season at Madrid? Good game for him.

Some players always seem to come alive in international play but struggle at the club level. James might be one of those players. ...or Real Madrid is just a poor fit for him.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some players always seem to come alive in international play but struggle at the club level. James might be one of those players. ...or Real Madrid is just a poor fit for him.

Instead of using him as a playmaker (because he can throw some genius passes and crosses) Zidane wants him to be a working class midfielder, which he isn't.

labx

Banned
Seriously.

I love Colombia but let's chill with the hyperbole. They still have a tough road ahead of them. Let the boys play the game.

This... and I'm from Colombia. Today was a good match, not a great match. Celis didn't click and he fucked up. Remember people the Colombia of the World Cup was a dream come true but the dream is over. All this guys were in great shape but now they are not so much. Fame, bench, bad management have take a toll in all these players.

Line_HTX

Man, thinking back, it does look like Zardes was trying to be fancy and just straight up lost the ball at least 5 times already. The hell is he even doing...

Tonight Ecuador will attempt to give a bigger beatdown to Peru than Brazil will give to Haiti, and fail.

Neither of these teams has shown a lot of good soccer, so this is all based on statistics. In reality, it may as well be a coin toss right now for all parties (less so Brazil).

Tonight Ecuador will attempt to give a bigger beatdown to Peru than Brazil will give to Haiti, and fail.

Neither of these teams has shown a lot of good soccer, so this is all based on statistics. In reality, it may as well be a coin toss right now for all parties (less so Brazil).

The score probably will be "conservative", but I have a hard time imagining Ecuador not beating Perú. Perú has a B-Team (except for Guerrero, the goalkeeper and a couple more), wherea Ecuador is an A-Team, which has been great during the WC quali.

Has this been posted yet?
CkUjySpUgAAhDQX.jpg

Here's more info:
http://news.sky.com/story/1708731/adidas-in-epic-colombia-spelling-mistake

And according to an Adidas spokeswoman she said " the mistake only happened in the US."

I find funny just how much Americans struggle spelling Colombia.

CkUjySZWYAAkLXw.jpg

I used to work for this place that ordered a big pennant for a marathon. A couple of hours before the event someone realized they misspelled "marathon."

We fixed it with a magic marker. No one noticed.

FWIW, Sunil Gulati claimed they hadn't talked about it yet
On reports of Copa America and the Gold Cup merging and then taking place regularly in the United States:

“There have been no discussions about future events with U.S. Soccer or between CONCACAF and CONMEBOL about this. There is nothing imminent, no plans, no discussions have taken place. Having said all of that, could there be discussions about it? Sure, but nothing has happened to date. [The report] is completely inaccurate.”

“This is a centenario for Copa America, but if we were thinking about a combined event in the future, it wouldn’t have to be a Copa America. It would be some new created event, where there might be an equal number of teams, for example, or all of those things that are specific to Copa America wouldn’t necessarily take place. This is a specific event, 100th anniversary, approved on the FIFA calendar, and so on. What we might talk about for a future event would be a new event.”

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to tack on an additional tournament in one of the off years. Schedule would look something like: 2018 World Cup, 2019 Concacaf/Conmebol combined tournament, 2020 separate Copa America / Gold Cup, 2021 Confed Cup, 2022 World Cup. It's too much soccer, but the powers that be like money.

Meier

I find funny just how much Americans struggle spelling Colombia.

Well, this is probably twofold. Our capital is the District of Columbia and there's a really famous college here that is spelled Columbia -- most people are accustomed to seeing that spelling. It's a common name for towns as well even outside of DC. The fact that the country is typically pronounced (here) the same way as Columbia throws people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom