• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Yes, USA in Seattle. That's going to be a hot crowd.

That Paraguay match was tough to watch, officiating was terrible in the 2nd half.
I'LL BE THERE. I'VE GOT DOPE SEATS. USA USA SUA USAUSUSAUUUASUSAUIOLBJKLASDFBNASDFJ

ASDFASDFJKVJASDFBKLDASDFMFSDFM

I'LL ALSO BRING A TIMBERS ARMY SCARF BECAUSE OF WHERE I AM LOOLOLOLLOLOL

I'LL BE THERE. I'VE GOT DOPE SEATS. USA USA SUA USAUSUSAUUUASUSAUIOLBJKLASDFBNASDFJ

ASDFASDFJKVJASDFBKLDASDFMFSDFM

I'LL ALSO BRING A TIMBERS ARMY SCARF BECAUSE OF WHERE I AM LOOLOLOLLOLOL

Hopefully Pitbull will parachute out of a B-21 bomber transported from 2025 and personally smite our opponents like the true goddamn American hero he is.

Hallelujah.

It all began when that one GAFfer promised free hot dogs

...of which I have yet to receive

that's right.

i demand my goddamned hotdog

Have a good time!

I kinda hoped it'd come to NJ but this is the better outcome.

I *almost* decided to buy tickets for the meadowlands on the way back from the game. Glad I decided to hold off...

Hopefully Pitbull will parachute out of a B-21 bomber transported from 2025 and personally smite our opponents like the true goddamn American hero he is.

Hallelujah.

dale

Remk

I want Panama to win its last game, half of the Concacaf teams qualified would be pretty sweet and! piss off Conmebol in the process too :)

There are still seats in the first section near the corners of the field for $150

Hmm

I want Panama to win its last game, half of the Concacaf teams qualified would be pretty sweet and! piss off Conmebol in the process too :)

I doubt it would piss CONMEBOL off, they are the ones pushing for a unified Copa America tournament apparently? I mean this one wouldn't have happened or be in the USA if the South Americans didn't want it.

So now likely brackets, of course, dependent on Mexico getting at a least a tie vs Venezuela and Chile getting at a least a tie vs Panama.

USA
Ecuador

Argentina
Venezuela

Brazil
Colombia

Mexico
Chile

The second bracket looks MUCH more difficult and hard to predict, while the first one is made for Argentina.
This is some straight up Keikauke shit for Argentina.

Yedlin is an idiot. Glad the US gutted that one out and props to Brooks and the rest of the defense for stepping up.

Costa Rica CONCACAFing Colombia is just the icing on the cake. Good times.
I just wish we could move Fabian Johnson into the midfield. Having him so far back is just stupid.
Me too, but the US is seriously depleted on the wings, both at fullback and wide midfielder, right now. Don't have many good options even if everyone is healthy. :/ I guess the thinking here is to keep the defense intact as much as possible, so you make one move and play Orozco rather than moving Cameron or Johnson over from where they've been starting so far.

The Euro expansion is going to waterdown the level of Futbol thanks to corrupted asses like Platini. I hope the World Cup stays at 32 teams at max forever.
I've heard of the possibility of 40 teams meaning we'd get the same amount of groups only now with 5 teams instead of 4 where only two qualify. I'd be behind that! Five competing for two positions would be brutal!

After this Copa how can we go back to Gold Cups and 10 team + 2 invitees Copa America? We need a unified Copa America like this and give out two confederations cup tickets!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Me too, but the US is seriously depleted on the wings, both at fullback and wide midfielder, right now. Don't have many good options even if everyone is healthy. :/ I guess the thinking here is to keep the defense intact as much as possible, so you make one move and play Orozco rather than moving Cameron or Johnson over from where they've been starting so far.

I know, it's just frustrating to see him so far back when he could be so much more effective further up the field.

I doubt it would piss CONMEBOL off, they are the ones pushing for a unified Copa America tournament apparently? I mean this one wouldn't have happened or be in the USA if the South Americans didn't want it.

Do you have a link for that? It would make perfect sense and I would love to see it happen every 4 years (next one in 2020), but I have seen no evidence of a unified America Cup outside of this Copa America Centenario.

I mean we have Copa American in Brazil 2019 and Ecuador 2023 already confirmed which will be conmebol teams only. We also have a Concacaf only gold cup next year, so I'm really wondering where you're hearing that.

IMO those conmebol and concacaf only championships should continue, but a unified Championship is really the best option and a nice alternative to Eurocup for the 2nd best nation vs nation team championship for soccer.

Poeton

Do you have a link for that? It would make perfect sense and I would love to see it happen every 4 years (next one in 2020), but I have seen no evidence of a unified America Cup outside of this Copa America Centenario.

I mean we have Copa American in Brazil 2019 and Ecuador 2023 already confirmed which will be conmebol teams only. We also have a Concacaf only gold cup next year, so I'm really wondering where you're hearing that.

It's been said by the media here and there. I didn't hear it until about a week before the tournament started.

But I can't go back to the shitty old gold cup after this. We need this!

But yeah, not just in the US.

kingkitty

i wasn't able to watch this live

but watching the replays

THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD. WON'T DIE. NEVER WILL DIE. WE'RE WINNING EVERYTHING TIL THE END OF TIME.

lol @ yedlin

also on the hotdog situation, i'm still waiting on my amazon shipment of relish, sry everyone

Group A winner!!!!! Thanks Colombia for fucking it up and sitting everybody. Can you imagine if they lose in the next round. There will be blame. Also combine that with the own goal. I just don't want to see another 30 for 30 movie.

Confederation Cup Final 2009. Still gives me nightmares. Hell of a USMNT team though, beat Spain during their reign.
I don't even know how I forgot about that one. I thought the US had it in the bag.

But Brazil can never score just one goal. They always follow up. Well except when, you know...

That was the first US match I ever watched. :''''(

I don't even know how I forgot about that one. I thought the US had it in the bag.

But Brazil can never score just one goal. They always follow up. Well except when, you know...

Hahah it was horrible. Just have to block the memory and the vuvuzelas. Now I just wish the US could go back to a confederation cup.

Also poor Charlie Davies. That team was stacked.

elty

I thought they want combined tournament in the US for financial reason, but it would be suck for their people if it is permanently in the US.

Lunar FC

oh man :(

i can't even imagine. being up 2-0 against brazil, thinking "this is it!"

that counter-attack goal after the brazil corner is one of my favorite USMNT goals of all time though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkModt0v1s

Donovan's touch is sublime

Honestly, I'm glad it was my first match. I lost years off of my life from todays game, I couldn't even imagine the stress from a confed cup final.

Attendance stats:
Copa América Centenario
Matches played 18
Attendance:722,600 (40,144 per match)

2015 Copa América
Matches played 26
Attendance 655,902 (25,227 per match)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom