• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm at the Peru v Brazil game now. I don't know anything about how this works. Like how do they decide which players from Brazil play? I don't see Neymar here.

Also what does winning the Copa mean for the teams? Any implications on future matches?

Thanks!

Neymar is playing Olmypics. Barcelona made him choose a tournament. He's currently on vacation in Vegas.

Most players are picked from the manager depending on club form but this is CBF and politics come into play regarding decisions.

CONMEBOL loves the revenue and would love to merge so they can always have a massive Copa.

mozfan12

Banned
Ōkami;206640495 said:
Not if Peru wins with a less than 3 goal advantage. Then Ecuador plays Colombia.

Did not take into account that scenario, but I guess anything can happen but I don't see Peru beating Brazil 3-0 when they could hardly beat Haiti.

Wait if Peru wins they would go to 7 points so they would top the group regardless. Brazil would remain at 4 and Ecuador at 5. So I don't see a scenario where Ecuador does not play the U.S.

Ifrit

Great match for Ecuador, we're in the quarterfinals, after like 10 years of not being able to advance this far in a Copa América

mozfan12

Banned
Great match for Ecuador, we're in the quarterfinals, after like 10 years of not being able to advance this far in a Copa América

They found their groove in the second half against Peru and could be a dark horse for the tournament.

And yes, it's an Ecuador v US quarterfinal regardless of the result of the other game.

HardRojo

I really wanted to see Peru get a chance at Top 3 again, but this is Brazil we're talking about :( We needed that match vs Ecuador.

It's USA vs Ecuador no matter what.

A brazil win gives them 7 points, more than Ecuador. A Perú win gives them 7 points, more than Ecuador. A draw gives Brazil 5 points, tied with both Ecuador AND Peru, but with greater goal difference.

Ōkami

I remembered Peru - Haiti wrong. Yeah Ecuador is second no matter what.

They should make the last two matches of each group take place at the same time.

mozfan12

Banned
Two questions, why has Dunga refused to use Hulk in this tournament? And would Dunga get fired if he did not pass the first round, even if they are missing their 4 best players?

Line_HTX

I mean, I know you guys joke about that, but at least we aren't starting fights in French streets.

Who was the person who compared Mexican fans to hooligans earlier in this thread?

I'm sure y'all are too drunk to start shit in the streets and prefer to keep it inside the stadium.

Besides, the riots are more of a European thing.

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom