• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
I've been playing on xbox since launch and havent had any issues like that.

My experience so far is awful...stalls loading maps...I can't even run around the maps online. I just finished downloading in past several hours...but so far going online is the same thing over and over.

rCIZZLE

Is ELO broken or does it take a certain amount of games to start kicking in? Most of my games are complete domination yet it matches me with more people that stare at the ground and/or reload after 3 shots.

fallagin

They really nailed controller aiming in this game, I'm using my ps3 controller on pc using motion joy xbox controller emulation and it plays like a dream.

fallagin

My experience so far is awful...stalls loading maps...I can't even run around the maps online. I just finished downloading in past several hours...but so far going online is the same thing over and over.

I wonder if they are letting valve patch the game on 360 for free or not. Would be a shame if the game didn't get the same support on the 360 as pc.

Edit: Whoops, double post. Ive gotta get to sleep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if they are letting valve patch the game on 360 for free or not. Would be a shame if the game didn't get the same support on the 360 as pc.

In terms of update frequency, it won't -- there has already been two updates to the PC version since release. Expect PS360 patches occasionally, when many fixes/changes can be rolled into a singular update.

equil

Is ELO broken or does it take a certain amount of games to start kicking in? Most of my games are complete domination yet it matches me with more people that stare at the ground and/or reload after 3 shots.

I'm at the highest ELO rank and I'm pretty sure i've noticed a difference in the skill of opponents.

fallagin

You...what?!

Each to his own I guess

I go back and forth between mouse and keyboard and controller. It's just alot more comfortable resting a controller in my lap than crouching over my desk.

Also I'm playing against bots cause I just want to relax and play the game and not get destroyed the second I start playing :p plus once you die in bot mode you can take control of a bot you are spectating which is truly awesome and makes the game feel more dynamic.

I hope they let you control the game modes more in future updates. Being able to fine tune things would be a nice option.

Uiki

Is there some sort of recognition from valve about xbox360 rubber banding problems?

Or this is just another tf2?

I'm tired of playing against bots.

I have a problem on 360.

Had the trial and decided to purchase full version.

Ever since when I go into a game I can't purchase weapons or fire a bullet, WTF?

Edit: controls set up had changed, fixed by resetting to default.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm crap - haven't played in over 10 years. The game will match me up with other crappy players right?

And what's the fascination with dust? I have a soft spot for Italy and Aztec, but we always used to play a fair rotation of maps.

You can't seem to fire very quickly with the pistol without getting recoil interfering. Almost feels like you can tap off single shots faster with an smg without recoiling

That's not a lot. I'm in, although I won't be able to play the next month, but that's okay. DO you by chance know how the pings from mainland Europe are on theri servers?

Very kind of you.

It's not necessarily the financial aspect I'm looking for, just wanted to see if we could garner some support.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Need a knife on knife kill but everytime a bot gets a gold knife, they get a knife kill before I can kill them. Woe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
can you get achievements in private matches? that's probably the easiest way. even in casual, there'll probably be quite a few people up for knife fights.

I think so. But trying to get public people to do it is like herding cats.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Is ELO just for Demolition? I don't really understand what it is or what it represents.

Shadybiz

Is this free right now for PS plus members? I've been playing for the past hour and know for certain I didnt buy it....

I think Plus members get a trial; that's probably what you're playing.

Damnit I love this game...so terrible though. I think I'm getting a bit better; learning the maps is half the battle.

Zia

Is ELO just for Demolition? I don't really understand what it is or what it represents.

ELO is a rating system originally developed to rank chess players. It fluctuates with actual performance against other rated players, instead of using an arbitrary ranking like KDR, or wins.

And yeah, it seems broken to me as well.

Is this free right now for PS plus members? I've been playing for the past hour and know for certain I didnt buy it....

Well there isn't a trial up last time I checked, pretty sure you bought it.

Also, anyone have any videos for the bunny hop trophy? Or does anyone have any tips on how to get the scoped kill trophy

Feature

Banned
Moving and shooting is almost a no go, you really have to stand still. I wish spraying was like 1.6, I find myself emptying a clip with my AK on someone really close and only 1 bullet hits.

Robot Pants

Moving and shooting is almost a no go, you really have to stand still. I wish spraying was like 1.6, I find myself emptying a clip with my AK on someone really close and only 1 bullet hits.

I think the spray pattern on the AK is a little TOO wide. Even at close range that thing has trouble hitting objects right in front of it.
M4A1 is a beast though.

They really nailed controller aiming in this game, I'm using my ps3 controller on pc using motion joy xbox controller emulation and it plays like a dream.

Wow really? That's pretty sweet - Using my 360 controller on the PC is ok.. The left joystick always slides though for some reason online, so the deadzone always has to be adjusted.

OG Kush

Yeah I'm trying to play this like 1.6 and it just aint happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom