• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
I'm sure you can, but you probably won't be able to play on servers that have "sv_pure" set to "1" (which is the majority of servers).

Oh yeah, now it comes back, that was the response back in the day. "But you can get banned, you know". Aw, that shit was hilarious when you're 12 yo.

Oh yeah, that was the response back in the day. "But you can get banned". Aw, that shit was hilarious when you're 12 yo.

Haha, you won't get banned. The server will just kick you, that's all. It's really to help avoid people from dicking around with in-game models/sounds/textures to get an unfair advantage.

daevv

Yeah, I got up to level 26/Gold Knife last night in one round (complete fluke, since I generally get killed by level 16) and attempted to knife the bot only to have them turn around and kill me in one go with my low health. RAGE.

A glitch/exploit has been found for Rampage on consoles:
Play Arms Race till you get to the Golden Knife (doesn't matter how many times you die getting there) then switch teams. When you switch you'll be back to the dual guns. Just get 2 kills without dying (the dual pistols then golden knife) and you unlock Rampage.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
anybody want to gift me a copy on steam? pleaseeeeeeee

twofold

Uh, but the changes you make to the files only show up on your end, don't they?

Yup.

The reason why sv_pure was added is because people used to do this sort of stuff using custom models --

counter_strike_model_hack.jpg

Uh, but the changes you make to the files only show up on your end, don't they?

Yes. Do you not seen how replacing just YOUR files can result in an unfair advantage? Imagine you were able to replace enemy model with a bright orange suit so you were more easily able to see them when they were off in the distance. Or replacing environmental sound effects with a blank sound file so you were able to better concentrate on real in-game noises.

Yup.

The reason why sv_pure was added is because people used to do this sort of stuff using custom models --

P much this

Clydefrog

Yup.

wow :lol

playing for the first time last night and people were already yelling "HACKER!" "CHEATER!" at people

i was like "this game has been out for a week? you really think there's cheats out already?"

and then everyone yelled at me "of course, you idiot"

derFeef

Okay, joining the fun. Played so much CS when I was young so I give this a shot.
Steam GAF group for this? At least I can't find any by search.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A glitch/exploit has been found for Rampage on consoles:
Play Arms Race till you get to the Golden Knife (doesn't matter how many times you die getting there) then switch teams. When you switch you'll be back to the dual guns. Just get 2 kills without dying (the dual pistols then golden knife) and you unlock Rampage.

GeorgeTakeiOHMY.mp3

Gonna have to do that tonight because I'm crying bitter tears trying to do this legit. It's possible because I nearly had it, but that no health regen during it makes it suck hardcore.

yeah it's just going to take time to learn the models. sometimes certain models camoflauge really well into the environment too.

I'm never going to be able to get used to 2 brown character models. At distance or for quick reflex shots you just cant tell one from the other.

We've always been able to use cl_minmodels 1 to make all players on each team the same model. All T's would be leet crew with green shirts, and all CT's would be one of the blue uniforms.

No sprays
No silencers
cl_minmodels 1 doesn't work anymore
cant tall the difference between T and CT until I see a red name

This is the only real problem. I seriously have no idea sometimes

You guys need to play the game more. T's and CT's both have very different, distinct body types and shapes. Once you realize this, they're super easy to pick out even from a distance.

Try not to look at the color of the player, look at the body shape instead.

Anyone know how to bind console to a different button in config? We don't have that damn button and usually you could just add -console to the launch options but this messes up and it wont let you use the menu with CS:GO if you got that open.

Amish

Neo Member
I'm never going to be able to get used to 2 brown character models. At distance or for quick reflex shots you just cant tell one from the other.

We've always been able to use cl_minmodels 1 to make all players on each team the same model. All T's would be leet crew with green shirts, and all CT's would be one of the blue uniforms.

well now every team has basically the same model.. except like a ct model has a mushroom hat and stuff like that. dont really have any problem with identifying enemies, partly because you always know where they would come from and if the round is last for a longer time, the map tells you where your teammates are located, and would help if you get suprised. cause you would know there are no teammates where you should be looking. when i think about it i never look to see if it is a enemy model, i just know where they could be and where they are not.

Anyone know how to bind console to a different button in config? We don't have that damn button and usually you could just add -console to the launch options but this messes up and it wont let you use the menu with CS:GO if you got that open.

there is a option to enable console, and there is finally a custom key binding in the controls for the console.. the default key never worked for me in any source engine game

Only half of my shots are registering, getting annoying!

check your rate settings and enable net_graph 1 i think. your cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate should be the same as the servers, and that will show in the net_graph to the far right. if one is red set it to the same as the other one. usually the cl_updaterate and cmdrate should be 64, but some servers buff them to 128. your rate should be 80000, and your cl_interp should be set to 0 so it adjusts it self.

You guys need to play the game more. T's and CT's both have very different, distinct body types and shapes. Once you realize this, they're super easy to pick out even from a distance.

Try not to look at the color of the player, look at the body shape instead.

I dont want to stop to look at anything. I want to run into a room and flick my wrist 3 times and shoot 3 enemies in the head with my deagle.

Has GO been crashing for anyone else? Can't seem to play more than a round at a time today.

What platform are you on? I crashed 2 times (in like 4 hours of play) yesterday on 360, both on the loading screen while switching maps.

One time I accepted a game invite right when the map changed, I don't think the console liked that.

I've heard the PS3 has some stability problems, but I don't have one to confirm that (just what I've been reading on other forums).

kodt

Banned
I dont want to stop to look at anything. I want to run into a room and flick my wrist 3 times and shoot 3 enemies in the head with my deagle.

Play for like one hour and you will soon be at that point. Sorry your pro 1.6 skillz didn't translate 100% to GO without any adjustments necessary.

daevv

GeorgeTakeiOHMY.mp3

Gonna have to do that tonight because I'm crying bitter tears trying to do this legit. It's possible because I nearly had it, but that no health regen during it makes it suck hardcore.

I did it legit on PS3 but used this method on 360 and it worked in my first match.

and the first hacker killed me! He shot everyone pretty much at the start of every round and I guess to confuse mods on the server he had a script or something running that constantly changed his name to other people on the servers names (like once a second).

and the first hacker killed me! He shot everyone pretty much at the start of every round and I guess to confuse mods on the server he had a script or something running that constantly changed his name to other people on the servers names (like once a second).

Ahhh that triggers CS nostalgia more than any other story in this thread.

Play for like one hour and you will soon be at that point. Sorry your pro 1.6 skillz didn't translate 100% to GO without any adjustments necessary.

Seriously man it's a problem on some maps. I havent really made a list of which maps are easier to tell the difference between the models, but from the 30 minutes I've played, Italy:easy, train: hard as fuck to tell the difference. And the worst part on a map like train is that you do a lot of shooting under the box cars at people legs. There is just no way of being able to tell who you are shooting at in that situation until the name pops up either yellow or blue.

exYle

You know what, it's more than just awful netcode. Playing this game online seems to hog so much of my bandwidth that XBL often just straight up crashes, and I cannot browse anything over wi-fi while I'm waiting for a match to load. It's fucking stupid.

solidus51

Banned
On the ps3 I'm putting a whole clip into a guy and he isn't dying ill even aim at the head. Then sometime ill get the kill instantly which makes no sense and most of the time its with the ak. Has anyone had this problem?

daevv

Are there any sites we can look at that have your console stats? I remember using some when I was playing Battlefield 1943, BC, and BC2.

Tawpgun

Xbox here. Is it lag or me?

I stand still. Crouch. Aim at the head of another stationarty player, do short bursts at the guys dome. He does the same to me.

I apparently dont get his head? I know the guns have a spray pattern but shouldn't the first bullet in the spray hit the damn guy?

f0rk

Really getting into this now. Even on deathmatch the guns feel great but at the same time you can't crouch spray quite as much as in Source. Even don't notice the dodgy focusing on the AWP while moving.
Any EU players playing mixes or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom