• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

You know someone is trying to troll too hard when he writes every nickname wrong.

apEX actually looks like an aimbot from time to time. He is a wonderful player to watch

jediyoshi

Damn how did I not know about the ingame client only stream until now. Could've been not having to see most of these awkward crowd shots this whole time.

Valkrai

I feel bad for G2. They got so close :(

Now NiP vs Na'Vi. I want to see NiP lose because fuck NiP but if they win, Thorin's gotta go bald.

I don't know...

tootsi666

I feel bad for G2. They got so close :(

Now NiP vs Na'Vi. I want to see NiP lose because fuck NiP but if they win, Thorin's gotta go bald.

I don't know...
Why would he have to go bald? He clearly said THE major when he did that bet, meaning Cologne 2015

That inferno felt like VP vs fnatic in Cologne.

Valkrai

Why would he have to go bald? He clearly said THE major when he did that bet, meaning Cologne 2015

That inferno felt like VP vs fnatic in Cologne.

Maybe it still applies? I thought it meant NiP reaching a major ever again. Plus I really want to see bald Thorin :p

But even though I dislike NiP, the main reason I want them to lose is because of a certain person here ;)

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Sirscoots interviews are so pointless.

"In round 14 you did this and that, can you go over that? In round 12 you did this, do you remember that? And in round 15 you did that, what was the mindset there?"

Valkrai

It's ok Speedy, I got you :)

tumblr_mxr7mlnaOj1r2ckpzo1_400.gif

Sigh...

Na'Vi has always been the one team I absolutely hate. Even Fnatic/Cloud 9 I respect them and even like a few of their players. Na'Vi? Completely hate them, their players (except Edward), and their playstyle, and now I really despise them. I can't wait for that team of Toxic, boring, awful players to disband because Edward gets sick of Zues, Guardian, and Seized being toxic jerks.

I hope EnVyUs completely 2-0, 16-0 Na'Vi.

CTs who buy MP9s after winning the pistol deserve everything they get.

Freaking Friberg.... how he didn't get a SINGLE kill on three pistol-using Ts, when he had the superior angle... jesus Friberg. Why would you even hold an angle that close when Pistols would 1-shot you, and dying without trading completely screws your team...

So what time with the final be on? Cause wasn't it supposed to be on now?

Should be on soon. After the analysts dissect NiP vs Na'Vi :)(), they'll cut to commerical break, than back to the analysts for Prediction, then introduction to both teams, and the game should start.

So probably 20 minutes from now.

ChrisW

Damn! I'm about to have Sunday dinner, is it going to be a best of 5?

Would thik they'd give NAVI time to chill out

GET RIGHT TO C9 BOYSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh god no.

Man... I don't know what I want from NiP. I love the team because of the players, but it's also hard to love the team when they just can't ever win, and the reason they can't win is because of the players. Like, I said, I love the team and I would never want GeT_RiGhT, F0rest, and Xizt to separate, but something NEEDS to change. I've spent like 8 months as a fan hoping that maybe they'll just work it out. Maybe Friberg will finally get out of his slump. Maybe Xizt will finally get some new strats, etc.

At this point though, it seems like they need to at least get rid of Friberg, and maybe Xizt. It's been more than a year, NiP isn't performing better consistently, they've been through two new members, been through a new coach, etc. That hasn't helped, and Friberg hasn't seemed to step it up no matter how hard he tries. I really don't want any roster changes on NiP, but at this point it seems like it's necessary.

Valkrai

Oh god no.

Man... I don't know what I want from NiP. I love the team because of the player, but it's also hard to love the team when they just can't ever win, and the reason they can't win is because of the players. Like, I said, I love the team and I would never want GeT_RiGhT, F0rest, and Xizt to separate, but something NEEDS to change. I've spent like 8 months as a fan hoping that maybe they'll just work it out. Maybe Friberg will finally get out of his slump. Maybe Xizt will finally get some new strats, etc.

At this point though, it seems like they need to at least get rid of Friberg, and maybe Xizt. It's been more than a year, NiP isn't performing better consistently, they've been through two new members, been through a new coach, etc. That hasn't helped, and Friberg hasn't seemed to step it up no matter how hard he tries. I really don't want any roster changes on NiP, but at this point it seems like it's necessary.

To be fair, they did better than I expected. I honestly thought they wouldn't get past TSM and they did. They may need to drop Friberg though.

To be fair, they did better than I expected. I honestly thought they wouldn't get past TSM and they did. They may need to drop Friberg though.
I knew they could get through TSM, and I knew they could have beaten Na'Vi, but that's where the problem is with NiP. They're never consistent. They never play the same.

Against TSM, and against Titan the second time they were playing SO disrespectful. They were just going in everytime, knowing they're good enough to just stomp TSM and out aim them. Get the frags and do whatever they want.

Then today, against Na'Vi, they lost pistol round, and they seemed to have given up after that first round. They never pushed, they never tried taking the duels, they played passively and they played dumb. They had GTR solo hold B site, and even when he lost it every round they left him at it. They were too scared to challenge Guardian and they just didn't have the confidence to take the fights, and when they did they were so hesitant that they lost them automatically.

Hell even before this major, NiP was playing a really Yolo Puggy style for a few months, which was at least working for them really well, and then come this major and they stopped playing their Yolo style that was giving them some results in favor of their old terrible style from 6 months ago.

Something just isn't right with that team right now. Like the players gave up a year ago and only decide to show up sometimes.

Disxo

Yes, the team has a lot of potential, beating tsm demostrates it, but something needs a change and dropping friberg maybe is a good call.

Anyways about the teams on the finals:

Na'vi getting to the finals is awesome, the team has been very consistent these months and I think it deserves the spot there.

And envyus... idk beating fanatic wasnt that big of a surprise and reaching the finals was expected but... G2 putting them a good fight was a revelation.

Imo G2 was the surprise of the tournament what do you guys think?

Valkrai

Yes, the team has a lot of potential, beating tsm demostrates it, but something needs a change and dropping friberg maybe is a good call.

Anyways about the teams on the finals:

Na'vi getting to the finals is awesome, the team has been very consistent these months and I think it deserves the spot there.

And envyus... idk beating fanatic wasnt that big of a surprise and reaching the finals was expected but... G2 putting them a good fight was a revelation.

Imo G2 was the surprise of the tournament what do you guys think?

Agreed. When it comes to new teams though, I'm impressed with how Liquid played against teams despite not picking up wins. I expected much worse from them.

Edit: Luminosity also deserves credit for beating Fnatic.

I really like EnVy but I would have loved to see G2 in the final and potentially winning a major. Especially since I felt like the team was going to derail after the departure of ScreaM.

Top Bottom