• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Divius

Speaking of: Have you guys ever cheated in an online game?

I cheated once in CoD 2 where I had an aimbot and it was hilarious, at first I somewhat tried to hide it but at some point I just said fuck it: There is this stationary MG42 in a snow-covered map and I just jumped on there and held mouse1. It overlooked a large part of the map so the kills just kept racking up. Then when they tried to kick me, I'd change my name so the kick didn't go through.

Never after that one time though, felt somewhat bad afterwards.
Not really.

really amazing how clg went to shit so fast

When were they not shit? When they beat EnVyUs and took 2 maps off them in 2 Bo3s? Or when they qualified for Legend Status by beating EnVyUs and Gambit?

CLG was always crap, just at that point EnVyUs was still considered a Top 10 team, so it seemed impressed when they were putting up results against EnVy... when it really wasn't.

What? There's a major in NYC? I might go. I live in Toronto.

Not a major, or at least not announced as one yet. ESL One New York so far is announced to be a $250,000 tournament with the Top 8 teams in the world Invited to play.

I'll go if NiP get invited.

Ludono

Cologne was pretty fun!

Brief rundown of my experience in case anyone cares

I'm living in Munich so I had to take an 8 hour bus to get there which was bad, but not as bad as the ride back where I had to sit next to this guy who had also been to the Major and was really annoying the shit out of me haha

Arrived Friday, found out that long distance buses are banned from the city of Cologne so they stop at Leverkusen, a city on the outskirts of Cologne, so another 30 minute train ride to get to the city. Check into my hotel (I had booked the same one as Quiche to make meeting up easier) which happened to be wedged between to Gay-Erotik stores, classic Quiche.

Ran over to the Lanxess Arena around 4/5-ish and to my surprise was greeted by both Quiche and Arnie who had also flown in. Nothing like having two British nerds with you all weekend :D

The seating was decent usually as there was ALWAYS plenty of places to sit in this so-called "sold out" arena. Notice how they never showed the upper seating or the sides? Haha

The matches were all very good, save for the final which was very underwhelming, the Saturday night matches were definitely the highlight for me, especially when Liquid managed to beat Fnatic (and make me lose my gold pick-em). The crowds afterwards were insane, chanting U-S-A U-S-A even as we were walking away from the stadium.

We explored a bit of the city as none of us had been to Cologne before (Well, Quiche had but didn't remember anything) and I was really blown away by the Dom, I've seen a lot of churches in Europe but this one was really quite something.

We also watched the Euro finals at a pub somewhere which was nice, especially with the super angry Germany guy who was cheering when Ronaldo went off the field. Thankfully he left before the match ended otherwise he might have flipped a table...

I also realised that sadly we didn't get any selfies at the event like last time, I blame Quiche for this! (Still our picture with the Pro League trophy in London makes up for it)

Overall I really enjoyed this event but I think I preferred the Pro League Finals in London. The ticket there was cheaper (30 euros compared with 40) for basically front row seats in a much smaller venue which meant no massive lines, minimal event security and you could basically just bump into players at the bar (Arnie and I did Jagerbombs with Sadokist last time, was amazing) so I think if I will go to another event it would one like that.... but I wouldn't rule out going to a major again either.

Only regret is that Mayhems furry ass never showed up because of his Uni :(

Nachstes mal dann! :D

nhVb.jpg

The Cologne Dom

Our usual view from the stands

Oh and also we all got Cache pins which was awesome :D

Get rekt Hixx

soultron

Banned
In October. Don't think its a major, just an ESL event.

Not a major, or at least not announced as one yet. ESL One New York so far is announced to be a $250,000 tournament with the Top 8 teams in the world Invited to play.

I'll go if NiP get invited.

Yeah, depending on what the teams are, I am seriously considering this. I should have some time off coming up around that time anyway.

Ensirius

To be fair y'all were jerking off in tunnels, mid and short when the A side of the map was clear. He seemed pretty reasonable.

I had to take out almost everything in that match because he would start throwing homophobic and racist insults at us.

baby

So I decided to reason with a toxic player who was insulting my team throughout the game... The reaction was so hilarious I had to make a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EJ4xrw5Zk

ok

1. dude wasnt even that mad and he took a site alone for your team. like i rarely see a game that calm some of u euros are pussies

2. is that really what eu lem looks like? did valve revert the rank changes?

also that cathedral looks amazing! wish there were buildings like that in the states

Zemm

So I decided to reason with a toxic player who was insulting my team throughout the game... The reaction was so hilarious I had to make a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EJ4xrw5Zk

The guy who took A doesn't come comes across badly in this video at all really, people still grenading him at A after he's said it's clear like 3 times

The potato mic is the worst thing in that vid and i'd instantly mute anyone with a mic that bad

Zemm

NiP will keep rotating that one spot on the team with different players, continue to fail, and still wonder where the real problem is

decided to take a gamble and pray the dragon lore won't go down in price any lower than $550.

introducing my new Dragon Lore, named after the best AWPer in the world, Allu. :)

5D86C90CC9BB8F960A598751C8A017AD8EF348AB

Ludono

Who things csgolounge is going to disappear

ON one hand, betting is a form of gambling, on the other hand it's easily responsible for the massive increase in viewer numbers. Killing lounge will kill viewership, especially for smaller events.

Killing gambling sites like Lotto or whatever is good, but will likely also have the side effect of dropping skin prices because there is less of a reason to have them now.

I guess we'll see what happens :p

Top Bottom