• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Compared to even Cluj-Napocca, this is low. Seeing CSGO Stagnant this much compared to the Previous major is bad.

But tomorrow is the ultimate test I guess. Major starts early morning on a Sunday for America. No excuse for us to not watch it now. :p

Let's not forget SGDQ is also running atm so yeah...

jediyoshi

ayyyyyyy

got 2 cobble drops today

$$ ez

ONgagnE.png

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't understand why they are low since this is best CS in a long time lmao.

Player and viewer numbers have been declining for some time now, for whatever reason. The last big tournaments also had much lower viewer numbers than tournaments of that scope used to have

baby

Player and viewer numbers have been declining for some time now, for whatever reason. The last big tournaments also had much lower viewer numbers than tournaments of that scope used to have

i personally stopped playing and watching because i for a short while had faith that overwatch could become a real REEEEEEEsport as i was fed up with the csgo community at large (not you guys[by you guys i mean most of the thread minus speedy]) and the game started making me angry as many of you know

KingKong

i personally stopped playing and watching because i for a short while had faith that overwatch could become a real REEEEEEEsport as i was fed up with the csgo community at large (not you guys[by you guys i mean most of the thread minus speedy]) and the game started making me angry as many of you know

there is no way, however much money Blizzard dumps in it, that overwatch becomes a real esport

ironmang

It's hard for a game to appeal to the masses for years. CSGO got super popular when skins were newish and then with CSGL. A couple years is a very long time.

A lot of people want a game that constantly changes too. They want new experiences. Long time CS fans are different and actually prefer the same experience. It's a big reason why I mostly avoid games like Siege, The Division, Destiny, Overwatch, CODs, Halos, etc. Going in knowing the community is going to fall off after a couple years assuming the servers even remain open is a big negative for me.

I could see the game getting back players though if they evolved the matchmaking system somehow. Just how it went from pubs and private servers in 1.6 and source to matchmaking with ranks in GO. If they found a way to integrate a team ladder system or some shit there could be a lot of interest seeing as ESEA league is extremely unfriendly to anybody except the very best.

baby

there is no way, however much money Blizzard dumps in it, that overwatch becomes a real esport

i agree, especially seeing how many awful decisions theyve made early on, ie coinflip system/no hero limit

i did think it had potential when it first came out

It's hard for a game to appeal to the masses for years. CSGO got super popular when skins were newish and then with CSGL. A couple years is a very long time.

how long until it stops appealing to sbd

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

I've pretty much stopped playing and watching too tbh. If I didn't have 2 ESEA matches a week I wouldn't be playing at all.
I still enjoy my ESEA matches, but the game just isn't fun anymore when I don't have a "goal" in mind. I just don't see the point in playing meaningless matchmaking and pugs anymore.

I guess I'm just burnt out from playing the same game so much for 4 years.

And yeah, Overwatch too. It's not a coincidence that CS got it's biggest drop in players right when Overwatch came out. I play Overwatch slightly more than CS nowadays but I'm also already getting sick by some of the balancing and gameplay issues.

I don't understand why they are low since this is best CS in a long time lmao.

what? how do you figure

2015 was the best CS where about 4 or 5 teams were legitimate contenders to win a major. Now it's just what, SK and Fnatic? You had Astralis/TSM, NaVi going to two majors, NV before the French forgot how to play CS. VP is a premier team now

Even NiKo is a scrub now

baby

I've pretty much stopped playing and watching too tbh. If I didn't have 2 ESEA matches a week I wouldn't be playing at all.
I still enjoy my ESEA matches, but the game just isn't fun anymore when I don't have a "goal" in mind. I just don't see the point in playing meaningless matchmaking and pugs anymore.

I guess I'm just burnt out from playing the same game so much for 4 years.

And yeah, Overwatch too. It's not a coincidence that CS got it's biggest drop in players right when Overwatch came out. I play Overwatch slightly more than CS nowadays but I'm also already getting sick by some of the balancing and gameplay issues.

every time i get a coin flip at the end of a match i get a little closer to uninstalling battle net, and now i have no incentive to come back to cs since i dropped out of the ksf top 1k somehow and i cant even surf on the less populated server.

i was so fucking bored today i even found myself watching the nba summer league

what? how do you figure

2015 was the best CS where about 4 or 5 teams were legitimate contenders to win a major. Now it's just what, SK and Fnatic? You had Astralis/TSM, NaVi going to two majors, NV before the French forgot how to play CS. VP is a premier team now

Even NiKo is a scrub now

how can you say fnatic is one of 2 contenders to win the major when they didnt even make it to the finals

Divius

Hmm, got a cobble drop signed by JDM.

Could sell it for 18 euro

But I'm gonna open it because I'm not a little bitch like other people in here.

Prepare for disappointment...

edit: disappointed.

cHinzo

Hmm, got a cobble drop signed by JDM.

Could sell it for 18 euro

But I'm gonna open it because I'm not a little bitch like other people in here.

Prepare for disappointment...

edit: disappointed.
U the real hero.

what? how do you figure

Even NiKo is a scrub now
Agreed. So many teams were playing at a high skill level with lots of tactics. Astralis was finally winning tournaments, Na'Vi with Flamie was winning tournaments, Envy was a beast of a team winning a major, Fnatic was untouchable by a lot of teams and the Brazilians were up and coming at the end of the year. Almost every team is slumping nowadays, playing at a lower level than they're used to. The NA teams improved a lot though this year.

tootsi666

what? how do you figure

Even NiKo is a scrub now
Agreed

coldzera showing why he is the best

Edit. ok TACO

Hixx

2016 has been sloppy as fuck by the top level pro teams.

Watching fnatic last night v Liquid just summed it up. Olofmeister was doing my head in playing like an idiot on Cache.

There's not really any team I enjoy watching atm. I ended up rooting for VP this tournament.

VP!

jediyoshi

cameraman doing their best to not follow any action so we can imagine a more exciting game

whole team is in drop so let's follow this awp aiming at nothing for a minute

LG/SK building a dynasty to become the greatest CS GO team ever by a long, long way. Awesome, couldn't happen to a better team and people.

Was over a mil during Columbus though.

SK has to achieve a lot IMO for them to be considered best team ever. Fnatic was dominant during a time where every team was playing at their peak. The level of competition has dropped to the point where people think G2 is actually good

Qassim

Liquid got rekt. Would Fnatic have fared better against SK?

Almost definitely. Experience matters a lot in scenarios like this, Liquid beat Fnatic fairly, it wasn't a fluke, but this is a fairly common scenario - when an underdog that hasn't had much experience at the very top level of play manages to make it through to later stages they often fall short.

It's why teams like VP and NiP (when they were in their downward trend for so long) could bring it closer than they should have been able to in the later stages of tournaments against better but less experienced opponents - mental fortitude is a big factor the further into tournaments you get.

Brehs, I said 'to become', they aren't there yet of course.

What I did notice watching this major a lot through GOTV, is the insane equipment usage by SK. Of course all these teams know their flashes, smokes and all that, but this team is just so incredibly drilled that they know like every single smoke, flash, molly at every single spot at every map they had to play. Not only that, but they time it almost all the time to perfection for themselves and/or teammates. It's incredible.

baby

That final was so incredibly disappointing after the semis were really fun. Feel sad for Hiko, not sure he'll get another chance.

i dont really know if they should keep hiko much longer. personally ive been kind of iffy about his performance since the rest of gx got banned and screwed his future. seems like he exclusively performs in clutch situations

i dont really know if they should keep hiko much longer. personally ive been kind of iffy about his performance since the rest of gx got banned and screwed his future. seems like he exclusively performs in clutch situations

Hey baby we should go to the next MLG major together....

rugioh

Banned
SK taking home that cool 500k to make up for the ELEAGUE shittery. They could've taken back around 900k if they didnt get voted out by NA CS this month.

In other news I dug myself out of the trenches after nearly deranking down to MGE on a huge tilt solo queue streak

ONThDpw.jpg

If the next American one is indeed around the same time next year in Columbus again, sign me up as well. Just need to know quite a bit in advance to plan it, no last minute stuff.

I could combine that shit with a Cavs and Blue Jackets game.

2 soon sbd

I actually didn't realize that my joke could be taken as a joke about the recent incident in Dallas. :/ I'm so sorry. I was joking more about the plentiful amount of guns and firearms in Texas, since that's a frequent stereotype about Texas.

I'm sorry for being ignorant and not being mindful of the recent tragedy. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry and I hope you accept my apology.

Top Bottom