• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

DCX

DCX
Whos captain? We should finish our training with our main stat for the last couple days before the rollback. Define the roles, and get ready to train our asses off. Purchase your premiums people and lets make a playoff push!!

DCX

I think I've found Mason's niche. I just needed to bump up shooting like crazy...and the results have shown themselves. Went 8-12 despite facing a good defense and has been getting to the line!

I have 100 dunking and FT, with high speed/shooting...it works so beautifully.

I'm also not bothering to train rebounds anymore. It's clear that only one guy gets them all...and that I can grab a variety on any given night.

DCX

DCX
Season 5 All-Star team. Gaf's attempt to join the elite in Court Rivals. We will be Pro for sure.

DCX

... but we still have games to play!! What about my teammates Walle (Jax 2.0) and Linas Kleiza?

I'll jump after the last game is played with an announcement tonight.

EDIT: Also it seem most of the Pro teams are using a 3 guard lineup with the third guard being a combo rebounder/shooter. Hell some of them have just 1 dominant boarder on their whole team, Jeez.

The Frankman said:
... but we still have games to play!! What about my teammates Walle (Jax 2.0) and Linas Kleiza?

EDIT: Also it seem most of the Pro teams are using a 3 guard lineup with the third guard being a combo rebounder/shooter. Hell some of them have just 1 dominant boarder on their whole team, Jeez.

Frankman just come over now, so we can get our lineups and chemistries organized. Unfortunately the last few games of this season don't mean anything as none of us made the playoff. :(

Branduil

The Frankman said:

The dynamics of everything are going to change next season with the roles system. It won't be like it is now with each player only being good at one thing.

DCX

DCX
It's going to be really awesome (potentially) i just hope the sim works as it should with the new roles, chems, etc.

DCX

okay joined.

BTW I figured out some of the personal chems (which will be scaled back now)

Second Chance Points means if the rebounder gets an off. rebounder he has a higher chance to pass it to his chem partner for a shot attempt.

Branduil

I was thinking it might be better if J. James focused more on blocking next season, since we already have two talented rebounders on the team. Though with the roles system he could still be pretty good with rebounding.

We probably need to look at the role system closely and figure out how all of us will focus our points in that.

Branduil said:
I was thinking it might be better if J. James focused more on blocking next season, since we already have two talented rebounders on the team. Though with the roles system he could still be pretty good with rebounding.

We probably need to look at the role system closely and figure out how all of us will focus our points in that.
Got it. He's at 115 (2nd highest) blocking now and I'll start leveling just blocking.

This season...

I'm not going to waste point on rebounding if I don't need to. I also know to get dunking to 100 and then will leave it at there...

Branduil

pheeniks said:
This season...

I'm not going to waste point on rebounding if I don't need to. I also know to get dunking to 100 and then will leave it at there...
I got my dunking to 100 early and Dirk shot like crap. Then I moved my slider to 80% shoot more jumpshots and he started shooting at a much higher percentage.

Branduil said:
I got my dunking to 100 early and Dirk shot like crap. Then I moved my slider to 80% shoot more jumpshots and he started shooting at a much higher percentage.

Mason started doing better when I upped shooting like crazy ... so I know now.

Here's how my players ended the season training points-wise:

Maravich:
maravich.png

Price:
price.png

We need one more guy... are we going to implement two 3 guard lineups?? We have 5 guards and 4 F/C.

Also Eaton is better suited to start over me. He has more points and Rebounding.

Branduil

The Frankman said:
We need one more guy... are we going to implement two 3 guard lineups?? We have 5 guards and 4 F/C.

Also Eaton is better suited to start over me. He has more points and Rebounding.
Foye should be coming over soon.

I like the Dirk/James frontcourt duo together. Dirk's offense and rebounding with James rebounding and defense. I think Eaton/Dirk would be redundant since we'd have two primary rebounders in the starting lineup.

Just some posts I saved:

Team Chem ----> Lowers
Speed -----------> Rebounding
Ball Handling ---> Defense
Passing ---------> Blocking
Shooting --------> Defense
3-Point Shooting -> Blocking
Dunking ---------> Blocking
Free Throws ----> Leadership
Leadership ------> Free Throws
Blocking ---------> Shooting
Defense ---------> 3's
Rebounding -----> Speed

1. Princeton Offense - Passing, Dunking, Ball Handling, 3 Point Shooting, Leadership
2. Fast Break Offense - Speed, Shooting, Passing, Ball Handling, ANY
3. Lockdown Defense - Defense, Leadership, Rebounding, Blocking, ANY
4. Shooting Clinic - Dunking, Shooting, 3 Point Shooting, Free Throws, ANY
5. Defensive Trap - Speed, Defense, Blocking, ANY, ANY
6. Transition Game - Rebounding, Defense, Speed, Blocking, ANY
7. Power Offense - Passing, Dunking, Rebounding, Shooting, ANY
8. Well Rounded Offense - Leadership, Passing, 3 Point Shooting, Dunking, Shooting
9. Veteran Team - Free Throws, Leadership, Ball Handling, ANY, ANY
10. Triangle Offense - Dunking, Shooting, 3 Point Shooting, Passing, ANY

"ANY" means that you also need to have a teammate with a skill over 100 other than the ones listed.
List of Player Chemistries

The following is a list of known chemistries:

1. Inside-Outside (Dunking and Three Point Shooting)
2. Twin Towers (Rebounding and Blocking)
3. Second Chance Points (Rebounding and Shooting)
4. Catch and Shoot (Passing and Shooting)
5. Shutdown Defense (Blocking and Defense)
6. Alley Oop (Passing and Dunking)
7. Floor Generals (Passing and Ball Handling)
8. Solid Fundamentals (Ball Handling and Free Throws)
9. Off to the Races (Speed and Speed)
10. Crunch Timers (Leadership and Free Throws)
11. Leading a Fast Break (Leadership and Speed)
12. Defensive Forces (Defense and Rebounding)
13. Shooting Gallery (Shooting and Three Point Shooting)
14. Rim Reapers (Dunking and Rebounding)
15. Full Court Press (Defense and Defense)
16. Team Leaders (Leadership and Leadership)
Marc Mitsui said:
Yes, I give them instructions on setting the sliders.

Like 88% Shoot More on the 1st option, 55 to 65% on the 2nd, and 30 to 40% on the 3rd.

the rest 0-5% shootmore

Meier

I got a shitload of extra accounts (hopefully Kaz isn't a GAFfer!) and can plug holes in the other teams as needed.

http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6676 - Reginald Fils-Aime, PF (18.1 RPG, 1.9 BPG)
http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6748 - EJ Manuel, PG (8.5 APG, 1.7 SPG)
http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6743 - Nigel Bradham, PF (20.8 RPG, 1.1 SPG)
http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6750 - Preston Parker, SG (17.2 PPG, 1.1 SPG)
http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6813 - Solid Snake, SF (3.8 SPG, 0.9 BPG)

AirBrian

Does anyone want Popeye Jones?

Speed: 101
Endurance: 22
Ball Handling: 29
Passing: 22
Shooting: 101
3 Point Shooting: 24
Free Throws: 32
Dunking: 120
Rebounding: 45
Blocking: 28
Defense: 101
Leadership: 103

Let me know and I'll give you the password. It's a premium account until 10/30 too.

I need a Player chem that allows me to block shots or rebound. Since Dirk will rebound only two chems allow Blocking, Twin Towers and Shutdown Defense. Now Dirk if you want to use Rebounding we could do TT, and anyone else needing Defense we could do SD.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
people without a team I have one more slot left on ACEN

Malleymal said:
damn ... where is worthy at?
right here.....on vacation! dammit. i missed out on the gaf all star team!! :(
i don't have access to much internet access here.
btw, i'd like to say New york city sucks...
shots fired!

viakado said:
right here.....on vacation! dammit. i missed out on the gaf all star team!! :(
i don't have access to much internet access here.
btw, i'd like to say New york city sucks...
shots fired!
Well fuck your couch, Laker scum!!

We should meet up, I'll show you around!

EDIT: Branduil I picked you for my chem partner so hopefully we get Twin Towers.

The Frankman said:
Well fuck your couch, Laker scum!!

We should meet up, I'll show you around!
hey man, don't be mad, i was in boston. and i was wearing yankees cap just to piss off the locals. i got so many dirty looks, i thought i'd never get out of the hell town. :lol :lol :lol
im leaving for albany tomorrow, but i think im coming back to the city on sat.

Blackace

Truelize said:
Am I welcomed back? Adam Morrison has been playing on a 4 man team. Not as much fun as you might think. :D

of course you are!

Anyone who trains most of the time is welcome on the team! :D :D

Is there a second GAF team? If so, you guys can have Maravich. If there's no room, I'll probably stop training him after a week or so when my player credits run out.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Can someone from ACEN send me an invite please?

I still don't understand how skills work and how you guys all had your stats so high at the end of the last season. I had my shooting and three point shooting both above 100 and now shooting is 46 and three point shooting is 40.

What am I doing wrong?

Blackace

Truelize said:
Can someone from ACEN send me an invite please?

I still don't understand how skills work and how you guys all had your stats so high at the end of the last season. I had my shooting and three point shooting both above 100 and now shooting is 46 and three point shooting is 40.

What am I doing wrong?

check your PM

pheeniks said:
WTF how does NYC suck?
fucking tolls man! $20 to go to the city?? anywhere you go around here, i had to pay stupid toll fees. and the weather, the weather sucks. pizzas here are thin? wtf is that about?
and you have dumbass drivers. and the women here are 2nd class compared to so cal sluts.
but i'll give you one thing though, you're gas is cheaper......that's about it.
and the obligatory, knicks suck!/shotsfiredforfrankman.gif

hey, at least the drivers get you to your location fast :lol

if i move there next year hopefully i can somehow get into MSG games...

Top Bottom