• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

Peter Fecesy said:
League, Barons investigate possible failed substance test

After the Barons' convincing 106-70 win tonight sources close to the league have said they are investigating a possible failed banned steroid test for reserve F Cedric Ceballos.

Ceballos uncharacteristically exploded for 22 pts on 9-11 shooting in their win, playing a key component in the blowout. Not only had tallied that much in his last four games combined, but an unnamed teammate only going my the name of "Big Snacks" mentioned he was "hyperaggro" in the locker room at halftime, reportedly "devouring a whole chicken dinner like he'd never seen food before". Interestingly enough, 16 of Ceballos' points were scored in the first half.

"We're currently investigating all possible avenues," said site founder Kaz. "After all when someone like Cedric Ceballos goes off like that, it has to ring a few alarms somewhere".

So I kinda roughed in a team, as would be if it happened right now based on peoples responses. Just wanted to get discussion going as to who is in and out and what peoples roles would be. Who you see on the team, who you would drop.

possible line-up

Forwards + strengths
4)D. Nowitzki- 663 - Branduil + rebounding
5)A. Mason- 662 - Pheeniks + speed
6)M. Eaton- 655 - Malleymal + rebounding
12)J. James- 615 - Frankman + rebounding
15)J. Worthy- 600 - viakado + defense

Guards + strengths
2)J. Shuttlesworth- 665 - Kung Foo Kid + shooting
7)J. Starks- 650 - DCX + 3 point shooting
8)N. Gallagher- 649 Meier + 3 point shooting
9)R. Foye- 640 - Rodeo Clown + shooting
NEED PASSING GUARD HERE

Left overs from the initial top point list
Forward
10)C. Booth- 628 DCX (2nd player) + Defense

Guards
1)P. Maravich- 680 OpinionatedCyborg + shooting
13)M. Ellis- 605 methodman + passing
13)M. Price- 605 OpinionatedCyborg + passing

Has anyone know if cyborg would be in? I think Mark Price would be a good fit.

DCX

DCX
Price and Felton are great guards for 2.0 with Price leading the team with 8.7 and Felton 8.1

DCX

AirBrian

I would be down for one more all-star teamed season. He's a good scoring forward.

But that's it for Popeye. I swear! :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
crazy game brand!

worthy with 10 steals as well....

that line up of all stars is crazy.

lastly would everyone have premium?

worthy with 10 steals. from most efficient to best defender in gaf.
and another thing, worthy cracks the top 50 in steals in court rivals ranking!
currently at 41

Branduil

You should look at Worthy's ranking in quality steals...

With that last game, Dirk is now the #1 quality rebounder in College D.

Meier

The starters for Team NeoGAF 2.0 were able to exploit the defense of the starters for SGW today due to their adept long range shooters. The defense of the starters for SGW had to respect the ability of the starters for Team NeoGAF 2.0 to shoot the ball far away from the basket.

Our starters (me) were 0-3 from 3 pt range. :lol

I blame it on Ceballos not taking the roids anymore. He followed up his 22 points explosion with a scintillating 4 point, 0-5 FG performance. :D

All Barons players check the new posts on our forums, after some revelations we need drastic work on our sliders and leveling philosophy.

Branduil

Based on our needs, this is what is looking like the best all-star team to me at the current time:

NeoGAF AllStars:

2 Rebounders
1)D. Nowitzki
2)M. Eaton

2 "Assist" guys
1)M. Price
2)M. Ellis

3 Scorers
1)J. Shuttlesworth
2)R. Foye
3)J. Starks

3 Role-players
1)A. Mason(Speed)
2)J. James(Blocking)
3)J. Worthy(defense)

The second team wouldn't be bad either:

2 Rebounders
1)R. Fils-Aime
2)R. Tarpley

2 "Assist" guys
1)S. Parker
2)R. Felton

6 others
1)P. Maravich
2)S. Jackson
3)N. Gallagher
4)C. Booth
5)P. Jones
6)P. Parker

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
thats the team we need to go with... barons with another loss tonight..

also thinking about changing my name

DCX

DCX
I say we all change our name to famous Knick player of old :D We have three, lets add more :)

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I was think about going with the original dream team..

I really was just gonna change it to Karl Malone. but I could be eddie lee wilkins

Meier

Holy shit, I missed the Barons/2.0 game.. what an ending! :O 10 steals for Booth, WOW!

Oh man, ACEN lost on some bullshit. A 3-pt play and then a missed shot..that stings.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i am surprised that we kept it that close... I just saw the box... wow... i am happy with the performance... should be good in the playoffs... if any of us make it, lol

SyNapSe

OpinionatedCyborg said:
that page made me discover this:
http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=7706
:lol

I guess training free throws does pay off

holy shit! Does training Free Throws actually increase the amount of FT attempts you get? Given those numbers it must.. haha. Isn't Dunking supposed to help with that? It clearly doesn't, we have a forward just under 180 dunking and he doesn't shoot anywhere near that number of free throws.

Branduil

I trained free throws the last few days. In the last game I shot like 6 free throws but missed 5 of them. :lol Stupid sim.

Dirk now has more training points than any other GAF player.

SyNapSe said:
holy shit! Does training Free Throws actually increase the amount of FT attempts you get? Given those numbers it must.. haha. Isn't Dunking supposed to help with that? It clearly doesn't, we have a forward just under 180 dunking and he doesn't shoot anywhere near that number of free throws.
Dunking gives you closer shots. Attacking the basket increases the chances of you taking FTs.

Branduil

LOL

Stephen Jackson 3pt shot: missed
Dirk Nowitzki Off Rebound (6 REB)
Block: Viet Nigro (1 BLK)
Dirk Nowitzki Off Rebound (7 REB)
Roy Tarpley lay up: missed
Dirk Nowitzki Off Rebound (8 REB)
Minh Nguyen Def Rebound (4 REB)

pilonv1

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jax 25pts
SMUSH 12asst, 0 turnovers. im quite proud of what i've done with smush

that said i hate the randomness of this sim.

Top Bottom