• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 |OT| of Orbs, Freaks, and Exploding Pedestrians

MrDaravon

Wow, the two vehicle tag achievements are completely fucked to get, and one of them is basically impossible unless you have a full 8-player boosting party (you have to win a Quick Match Vehicle Tag game without ever having the orb taken from you). NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY YOUR SHITTY MULTIPLAYER RUFFIAN. God damn it.

MrDaravon

Oh my GOD getting the two vehicle tag achievements took literally about 3-4 hours. You have to do it in a public quick match, and waiting for slots to open to try to get other people from the group in there was a nightmare. Took probably an hour or so just to get 7 of the 8 of us in there, then the last guy in there was some random asshole who was INCREDIBLY fucking good (was some ridiculous rank, who plays that much vehicle tag mode in Crackdown 2???) who just refused to leave or do anything else, and completely schooled us until he finally left after almost TWO HOURS. What's really sad is that even if one of the 7 of us got the orb, the other 6 literally could not stop this guy from stealing it, he was seriously like the overlord of Crackdown 2 Vehicle Tag, it was insanity.

Also the Tec Loc achievement (clear 5 tactical locations without anyone leaving the Squad Chopper) was also a pain in the ass; even on the easiest difficulty setting most of the harder locations are too difficult to do (a single rocket basically screws you), so we had to do the easy ones, but that required starting a new campaign and being forced to sit through all the opening stuff again, and THEN you have to do the first Sunburst bomb before the game opens up Tactical Locations. We were having a really hard time of it with 3 people, but once we got 4 people going it only took 2 or 3 tries. Mainly a pain because the turrets on it are borderline useless, so the pilot and left gunner don't contribute much. The mines turned out to be much more useful than we originally thought.

Dabanton

What are the really,really big freaks called the ones who try to fuck up the beacons underground. I don't think you can spawn those above ground which is a bit of a shame.

Also why don't the sniper rifles actually zoom in CD2?

S1kkZ

did you notice that there is now new-game+?

when you select your savegame, you can choose between your agent and the city. if you choose your agent and press down, you can select a "fresh" city but you keep all the progress (agent level and skills, collected orbs, weapons, vehicles, stunt rings).

you can also take your full level agent and start a new game on a higher difficulty.

Meus Renaissance said:
Game is already half price here in the UK. I can only speak from my experience but the demo left a bad impression on me

I got it for £18 a few days ago. I think it was from Zavvi.

Have already beaten the campagin and got all the agility orbs. Am really getting frustrated by the last rooftop race (agency tower) and the last few driving races. After that just the hidden orbs, online orbs and freak holes to close :lol

Would love to do some co-op and grab some achievements as well so feel free to add me (anyone). GT = atomsmasher13

Flavius

S1kkZ said:
did you notice that there is now new-game+?

when you select your savegame, you can choose between your agent and the city. if you choose your agent and press down, you can select a "fresh" city but you keep all the progress (agent level and skills, collected orbs, weapons, vehicles, stunt rings).

you can also take your full level agent and start a new game on a higher difficulty.

Interesting. I'd just assumed it was always like that, given the layout of the selection screen.

Aaron

I liked this game generally, but I tried to pick it up again just now, and couldn't do it. The missions are so repetitive and tedious they immediately suck all possible fun from the game. All the multiplayer shit that I'll never do is just annoying.

hunter7725

Neo Member
Last night I discovered that you can use the Jet Boots to complete all of the wingsuit stunt rings challenges . They make it really easy except for the last challenge from the agency tower that one took some time.

Just started this today and it seems really cool so far. It's basically "Crackdown 1.5", as many people have pointed out, but I like that. It's been three years and I'm just having fun collecting orbs and clearing out bases like I did in the original.

Not going to be GOTY, or evolve anything, but a solid fun game. Seems like a lot of people have overlooked it.

Amir0x

Banned
it's just fun to jump on the tail of your friends helicopter and fly around a bit before jumping off and trying to land on a specific spot

Circle T

cjelly said:
So I used a guide to get the last few Audio Logs... and I'm still missing one. :lol
I had the same problem when I was searching for them. If you look in the game menu, it will show you how many of each type you have. Once you know the type you are missing, just retrace the map for only that type, and you should find it.

Finally got my hands on this, enjoying the hell out of it much like the first one. I get a kick out of the Agent Announcer always pointing out if you've received a new achievement lol.

Infinity

Just picked this up through last week's Amazon deal. To me it's not quite as good as the first but I'm still having a blast.

Played until 1 am last night, which is very late for me given that I'm at work now. :lol

Guevara

Anyone else unable to download the free Keys to the City dlc? I finally had some time to play this and I get to 1% and get an error code.

Dabanton

Guevara said:
Anyone else unable to download the free Keys to the City dlc? I finally had some time to play this and I get to 1% and get an error code.

Have you tried deleting it from your system and trying again?

Great game this, played my friends copy for a few hours at his house the other week and the full game feels great, plenty to do.

Only problem is that he had the dlc so I was a level 1 agent using jet boots to get all the hard to reach orbs, level'd up my agility extremely quickly and it removes nearly all the platforming you need to do in the game, yeah I could choose to NOT use the boots but it would have been better to limit or lock them until you max out agility or something.

Sanic

Where have people been finding this for less than $60? % saw a thread earlier today about someone getting it at bestbuy for $20, but I can no longer find the thread and the specifics of the deal weren't mentioned anyway.

Just picked this up and was gonna get the DLC for rocket boots.

Is this pretty much game breaking? I know the fun of the game is platforming, but...THEY'RE ROCKET BOOTS!

ShapeGSX

betweenthewheels said:
Just picked this up and was gonna get the DLC for rocket boots.

Is this pretty much game breaking? I know the fun of the game is platforming, but...THEY'RE ROCKET BOOTS!

You won't get them until you finish the game, anyway. It takes a long time to get everything to level 6.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
New DLC announced.
The Deluge DLC pack adds a new co-op arcade mode which pits up to four players against increasingly more challenging waves of enemies. You'll also get Capture the Orb which is a standard capture-the-flag mode for up to 16 players. A trial version of the DLC will be available giving you the complete Capture the Orb mode and a single player version of Deluge for free. A premium version adds the complete Deluge co-op mode, new achievements and avatar awards, and will set you back 560 Microsoft Points. Both will be available from 16th November.

Crackdown 2 was my most and anticipated game this year and also the most disappointing. The shity missions and freak spamming is awful. Also, the controls seem to be worse than C1 but maybe my standards have changed or something. I should also add game looks like shit (style and colors) and the announcer's witty charm was ruined.

I could only get through 5 hours of it. What a disaster.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just read up on this and the missions sound pretty repetitive, are they? Also the freaks annoyed the shit outta me in Crackdown, how bad are they here?

NinjaFridge said:
Just read up on this and the missions sound pretty repetitive, are they? Also the freaks annoyed the shit outta me in Crackdown, how bad are they here?

The freaks are unbearable. They have an unfun mechanic where they spam the environment with freaks during the night. Freak spamming is also a core part many missions.

Like I said, I only played 5 hours so I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong, but that was more than enough for me.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Really not sure what to make of this. So far this has been the absolute worst camera that I've used this generation, and combined with the close range spawns, just ugh. On the other hand, orbs.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the main story of this.
GREAT GAME. I loved every minute of it. I still freak breaches in two areas and cell resistance in one area, but finished the beacon. The final battle was pretty brilliant, I thought. The game has an absolutely kickass soundtrack too. Not the music that plays in the cars, but the score and ambient music that kicks up at certain moments.

I already bought both DLC packs too, so there is a lot more to do.
Damn, such a good game. Better than the first in every way.

Gazunta

So uh nobody else bought the Deluge DLC?

I really liked it. The chaining system works great. Felt really good to mow throw a crowd of Cell members and hearing that chain counter chime go up in pitch on each kill.

Thanks to the random person I was playing with that had the Windows Mobile 7 achievement so I got that straight away :)

I think it would have worked better if I started off as a level 1 agent with no skills and, as each wave finished, I automatically upgraded one of my stats. Starting the mode with a fully maxed out agent with unlimited ammo just removes any feeling of danger.

Still very happy I got it and will be playing more tonight. MORE CRACKDOWN 2 GOODNESS YESSSSS!!!!

Why For?

Banned
NinjaFridge said:

So you didn't play Crackdown?

Because there were no freaks in Crackdown.

Gazunta said:

I really liked it. The chaining system works great. Felt really good to mow throw a crowd of Cell members and hearing that chain counter chime go up in pitch on each kill.

Thanks to the random person I was playing with that had the Windows Mobile 7 achievement so I got that straight away :)

I think it would have worked better if I started off as a level 1 agent with no skills and, as each wave finished, I automatically upgraded one of my stats. Starting the mode with a fully maxed out agent with unlimited ammo just removes any feeling of danger.

Still very happy I got it and will be playing more tonight. MORE CRACKDOWN 2 GOODNESS YESSSSS!!!!

I plan on getting it. Wouldn't mind playing against you for that cheevo.

Why For? said:
So you didn't play Crackdown?

Because there were no freaks in Crackdown.
evidently you didn't...

http://crackdown.wikia.com/wiki/Freak
CrackdownEdit href= Edit
A Freak from Crackdown
Kaze DMAdded by Kaze DM

Freaks are mutated and disfigured humans, the result of Dr. Balthazar Czernenko's failed experiments. They were created in pursuit of creating super-human like the agents.

Freaks are first encountered by the Agents when they attempt to remove Czernenko. As a result of removing Czernenko, the Freaks are released into the Corridor and start appearing around the Institute of Research, attacking civilians on sight.

Dabanton

Gazunta said:

Yeah i got it on tuesday it's awesome. :D

Why For?

Banned
elrechazao said:
evidently you didn't...

http://crackdown.wikia.com/wiki/Freak
CrackdownEdit href= Edit
A Freak from Crackdown
Kaze DMAdded by Kaze DM

Freaks are mutated and disfigured humans, the result of Dr. Balthazar Czernenko's failed experiments. They were created in pursuit of creating super-human like the agents.

Freaks are first encountered by the Agents when they attempt to remove Czernenko. As a result of removing Czernenko, the Freaks are released into the Corridor and start appearing around the Institute of Research, attacking civilians on sight.

Really? I played the shit out of Crackdown 1, DLC packs and all and either didn't encounter or sure as fuck don't remember.

I even remember seeing dev interviews with Ruffian claiming freaks are new to Crackdown.

Why For? said:
Really? I played the shit out of Crackdown 1, DLC packs and all and either didn't encounter or sure as fuck don't remember.

I even remember seeing dev interviews with Ruffian claiming freaks are new to Crackdown.
I'm not sure how you played crackdown and never saw the freaks that were part of the main story, and then running all over the city after that part of the story...

Why For?

Banned
elrechazao said:
I'm not sure how you played crackdown and never saw the freaks that were part of the main story, and then running all over the city after that part of the story...

Are you being serious now? I can't tell if you're trying to pull one over me.

If that's not the case, I just must not remember. It's been over 3 years since I last played. But I seriously don't remember freaks in Crackdown 1.

Why For? said:

If that's not the case, I just must not remember. It's been over 3 years since I last played. But I seriously don't remember freaks in Crackdown 1.
I'm not pulling a fast one on you, that was sarcasm free, there really are freaks in crackdown, and not just a couple of them.

Red

Why For? said:

There is a boss fight that's just like a bunch of freaks breaking out of cages and chasing you.

Top Bottom