• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Desert 50+ minutes new gameplay

I get motion sickness and epilepsy at once from the combat and I`ve not seen Ice-skating during combat animations this bad since AC:Valhalla.
And the world looks "sterile". All in all this looks just very unfinished, which it is.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
At 19:10... I'm guessing that's a loading screen? Looks weird lol.

In any case, nice graphics and the game looks fun too.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
At 45:20 there's a whole group of goblins being utterly destroyed by sword attacks and wrestle moves.

They seem a bit pasive tho, like there's 20 of them but only 5 or so are activelly engaging with the player.

In any case, this game's my jam.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
awesome, watching! I hope they finally show what open-world gameplay is really about. Combat is FIRE, if the rest is fine it's gonna be amazing

Bartski

Gold Member
They just need to tone down the particles, way too many of them.
nah I think they're fine.

Also, there is a lot of real ragdoll physics and element simulation, enemies catching fire, getting tossed around slammed into breakables, and the same goes for the the player character reacting to getting hit. The combat system is very deep, not exactly pick-up-and-play but maybe tutorialized in ways we have not seen yet

Denton

Lot of stuff to like and some stuff to dislike.

Am I under correct impression that this is more of an action game with RPG elements, rather than RPG with action elements?

I didn't see any interactive dialogue, story choices or various ways to solve quests in the video.

GymWolf

Gold Member
nah I think they're fine.

Also, there is a lot of real ragdoll physics and element simulation, enemies catching fire, getting tossed around slammed into breakables, and the same goes for the the player character reacting to getting hit. The combat system is very deep, not exactly pick-up-and-play but maybe tutorialized in ways we have not seen yet
In some boss fights there are too much for my taste, even people who tried the game said as much like rurikhan (a dude that enjoy explosions and shit)
And about ragdoll, i haven't watched this last trailer because i'm at work, but the last few trailers... I swear the game didn't really had ragdoll unless it's like wukong where for some random reason some enemies have ragdoll and some don't have ragdoll but precanned death animations.

Look closer at when he bash enemies in the air or against walls, the omph of the hit is there, enemy actually fly around, but look how rigid the bodies are, i don't think the game actually has ragdoll.

Look the video with the white horn boss battle, at the beginning of the video he fight against like 2-3 human enemies, pay attention the the last 2 kills when he smash them on the walls and look their animation (it happen pretty fast but it is noticeable to me), now try a game with ragdoll where you can smash enemies on walls like a psi ops or more recent games, you can notice the difference in body rigidity.

To me it looks more like the quasi-ragdoll of gow 2018 where when you bash enemies on walls, they don't flail their arms and legs as much as full ragdoll dead bodies.

The more i say, the more i think that you just meant shit flying everywhere instead of actual ragdoll tech :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
hungry fat bastard GIF

Hell yeah this looks dope

KàIRóS

Imagine we find out in time that all the good devs in the west that got the boot for all those great 'progressives' that fucked the industry as we're seeing, actually went east all along :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hence all the games being better.

That is definitely happening, maybe not big names in the western industry but a lot of smaller devs who know better are either becoming Indie or going to Asian countries.

The term "western devs" lumps literally every devs from the west including NA/EU/Eastern Europe together. There needs to be a lot more distinction from now on, since some European devs still haven't changed their core value in game design. But I've lost pretty much all faith big time in NA studios.

AAA/AA Euro devs like CD Projekt Red, GSC, 4A Games, Larian are what I look toward to.

Non-Japanese Asian studios finally realizing they could actually make profits and better reputation out of themselves by not cranking out another garbage f2p, gacha mobile shit game is a big plus for this industry.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Korea and China are up next. Their games will start to embarrass Japan and the West in the near future.

These guys are making GOW Ragnorok quality games on their first fucking attempt with half the budget (Wukong)

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
In some boss fights there are too much for my taste, even people who tried the game said as much like rurikhan (a dude that enjoy explosions and shit)
And about ragdoll, i haven't watched this last trailer because i'm at work, but the last few trailers... I swear the game didn't really had ragdoll unless it's like wukong where for some random reason some enemies have ragdoll and some don't have ragdoll but precanned death animations.

Look closer at when he bash enemies in the air or against walls, the omph of the hit is there, enemy actually fly around, but look how rigid the bodies are, i don't think the game actually has ragdoll.

Look the video with the white horn boss battle, at the beginning of the video he fight against like 2-3 human enekies, pay attention the the last 2 kills when he smash them on the walls and look their animation (it hoppen pretty fast buy it is noticeable to me), now try a game with ragdoll where you can smash enemies on walls like a psi ops or more recent games, you can notice the difference in body rigidity.

To me it looks more like the quasi-ragdoll of gow 2018 where when you bash enemies on walls, they don't flail their arms and legs as much as full ragdoll dead bodies.

The more i say, the more i think that you just meant shit flying everywhere instead of actual ragdoll tech :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I mean you're right it's not 100% systemic ragdoll but a blend, I think quasi-ragdoll is a way to put it... But it's to great effect and that's why so many games go that route rather than pure ragdoll which can look silly.
And yes what I meant to say there is a lot of good systemic environmental interaction, that works together with combat skills you can blend in, ranged with melee combos, like there are multiple ways you can kick someone send them flying, tackles + all kinds of skills and magic with punchy hit reactions across the board. Enemies can also toss you around and break things that way, looks super cool

Hugare

Most clean medieval town that I've ever seen in my life

Those stone floors and walls are shinning lol

It makes Dragons Dogma look like a school project in places, but you can see shortcomings in others.

It's way too sterile in places. Art wise, it lacks personality and polish.

World looks gorgeous, but in terms of design looks "gamey", not like a place where NPCs could live like the world in Witcher 3, for example.

Gameplay looks bonkers, tho. Seems very fun to play.

Dont expect it to be a homerun like Wukong was, or even Stellar Blade, but will be fun to play, I bet

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I mean you're right it's not 100% systemic ragdoll but a blend, I think quasi-ragdoll is a way to put it... But it's to great effect and that's why so many games go that route rather than pure ragdoll which can look silly.
And yes what I meant to say there is a lot of good systemic environmental interaction, that works together with combat skills you can blend in, ranged with melee combos, like there are multiple ways you can kick someone send them flying, tackles + all kinds of skills and magic with punchy hit reactions across the board. Enemies can also toss you around and break things that way, looks super cool
Making good, weighty but still spectacualr ragdoll is an art, very few devs can do it properly, but when it's done well, it's better than any quasi-ragdoll in my opinion.

But in here combat looks impactful and gorey enough so i can close an eye.

powder

Neo Member
Fuckin' Dragon's Dogma 2 running on PS4. Why does this look so busted? Is this Alpha footage? Why can't we get a doorway threshold with more than six polygons used here? I'd like to speak to the manager

Top Bottom