• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Desert 50+ minutes new gameplay

Xtib81

you guys really have to let go of graphics. a good game is a good game and this looks not bad. watch it on a tv in 4k it looks pretty good especially when hes falling out of the sky the vista is insane imo. i smlel a game that will make gpus cry.
Also, the video quality is abysmal. We need proper 4k footage with a good bitrate.

Last edited:

Eszti

Banned
Also, the video quality is abysmal. We need proper 4k footage with a good bitrate.
we wont get that on youtube but usually its okayisch. i mean im only interested in pssr qulaity. i know what you get for 45% more power. thats like going from 1440p to 1800p its sharper yes but it wont move anything well depends on the game terrible TAA when is unsharp af.^^

Musilla

dUtbk3Q.gif

powder

Neo Member
Thoughts on the facial animations and lighting/textures? Maybe it's the YouTube compression but this looks comprehensively worse than that Forspoken game.

Stafford

It looks great but isn't that city way too clean? It's medieval times,where is the dirt? It's hard to put my finger on it but it looks a bit off, lighting?

Still, most of this looks quite good to me. Combat looks to be a joy, imagine if Witcher 4 has an actually fun combat system similar to this.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Watched the first 10 min and yeah, way too many fucking particles for everything.

It hurts immersion and readability, i hope they tone them the fuck down.

Fbh

Clicked a bit through it and it looks cool, the combat seems fun and the world looks like generic fantasy but in a pleasing way, that shot of him falling from the sky was really cool, like a Breath of the Wild with a more realistic art style. Hopefully the exploration is actually good though and there isn't a massive map just for the sake of it.
Also I hope some of the effects can be toned down a bit in the settings, I don't like the screen going all blurry every time I hit an enemy (or get hit by one).

My impression on the graphics will entirely depend on how well this runs on (base) Ps5.
If it's a proper 60fps game running at decent resolutions like, say, Forbidden West or Hogwarts Legacy or Cyberpunk, it looks great IMO
If it's going to run like shit like DD2 it looks on the rough side.

Last edited:

Aenima

Looks great. The world looks well crafted and i like how the fights seem to play. If the console version dosent have any big issues will probably be there day 1.

Rickyiez

I get motion sickness and epilepsy at once from the combat and I`ve not seen Ice-skating during combat animations this bad since AC:Valhalla.
And the world looks "sterile". All in all this looks just very unfinished, which it is.
Same , I think the camera during the combat is terrible , doesnt have to be shaking that much IMO

Bry0

Looks very cool. The only thing bothering me is the weird lack of shadows in some areas. Looks like maybe it’s due to weather or time of day or something.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
First thing I'm doing is installing the mod to either nerf or remove those particle effects. They've went way overboard with them.

Kotaro

Korea and China are up next.

yea, there's lots of untapped talents in China and Korea. their games may look a little raw, but they're more than ready to take over the spotlights, should Japan and the West slip. The West has already slipped, their success rate in the last couple of years is abysmal. How can the industry survive when only 2-3 major projects successful out of so many failures

nial

Imagine we find out in time that all the good devs in the west that got the boot for all those great 'progressives' that fucked the industry as we're seeing, actually went east all along :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hence all the games being better.
"All these cool Eastern games are cool thanks to Western devs", even as a joke, probably sounded better in your head, lol.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Jon Snow with a Spawn cape. I'm in!

It's a small thing, but I really enjoy how accurate the animation and sound is for running into people. It's the best I've seen.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
First thing I'm doing is installing the mod to either nerf or remove those particle effects. They've went way overboard with them.
I have no fucking idea how we are the only 2 people in the topic that are disturbed by this particle galore:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Wasn't godfall called out for the same reason?

Bartski

Gold Member
Jon Snow with a Spawn cape. I'm in!

It's a small thing, but I really enjoy how accurate the animation and sound is for running into people. It's the best I've seen.
Except that moment when one NPC clpis right through another walking yeah….

Draw distance is good but also far from perfect, I’ll take LOD swaps any day for object pop in visibe in this clip… hopefully stuff gets ironed out as we speak.

I’m not expecting RDR2 levels of npc simulation just want it to be good enough. For the time being I’m in day one on this

niilokin

Only visual FX melee combat needs is graceful amounts of blood spattering and spark here and there at most, screw all that magick FX when hitting with a sword. And why is Witcher & ES only franchise that understands swords go into SCABBARDS.

Last edited:

RainyNguyen

Things I dont like:
- Please reduce the particle effects and camera shaking
- The animation during combat feels too slippery, and the graphics seem to have Ambient Occlusion turned off, making many areas/characters look flat.
- It's an open-world ARPG, but there aren't any dialogue choices?

Aside from that, it's pretty solid. The world feels lively, with plenty of NPCs, and the physics are impressive: enemies get kicked into walls and bounce back, and many things are destructible. Someone on reddit who played the demo said the combat system is very deep and complex, requires high skill floor. You have to combine multiple buttons on gamepad to execute movesets, and the skill tree is quite massive.

OMG the footstep sounds are painful.
Only big complaint I have besides the overdone particles that plague all of Pearl Abyss' games. They need to change the sound based on the material you are stepping on. It's not that hard. They took the most generic footstep sound from a sound library to put here, so I hope this is still a placeholder sound.

stickkidsam

That man was on a mission to knock over every NPC in the street lmao

Game looks awesome. I will say the spawn cape looks a little… blocky. I know it’s the “magic”, but it just looks so weird seeing something so thick acting like feathers.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
This game looks like a perfect candidate for adding SSRTGI through Reshade. If Nvidia doesn't partner with them then that's what I'll doing. The lighting is very dated. Still a day one purchase.

Top Bottom