• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the current price a good price to buy ARK? I don't think it'll drop much, maybe 10 cent max

Seems as good a time as any. I don't think you'll see something crazy like a dollar drop. But who can say. I bought a bunch more yesterday.

Sony

Nintendo
Seems as good a time as any. I don't think you'll see something crazy like a dollar drop. But who can say. I bought a bunch more yesterday.

Hmm I'll try it tomorrow morning (in 10 hours time), I'll see if I can I get it around 0.00036
I want to buy some Stratis and wait till it gets a bit cheaper, but looking at its value curve, I think I will regret not buying it tomorrow morning xD
Edit: Argh, I'm torn, not sure if to buy now or wait for ARK to become a bit cheaper.. it's practivally at ATH

jdavid459

What are the best resources to really grasp cryptocurrency technology & investment opportunities? Or is it pure speculation at the end of the day?

Brandson

What are the best resources to really grasp cryptocurrency technology & investment opportunities? Or is it pure speculation at the end of the day?

Read everything you can: forums, white papers, news from coindesk.com, and follow lots of crypto developers on twitter. Every time you hear a new coin name, research it. Always remember: in crypto, the success of the company doesn't always mean that their token should increase in value. Most crypto has a specific function and is not like a stock. You have to learn what that current and potential future function is, then determine the value of mainstream adoption of that token.

Other people trade purely using technical analysis without any regard for what the crypto asset is. I personally am not a fan of doing that, at least for crypto that I have concluded has no future.

If this is all too overwhelming, a strategy is just to buy some ETH and don't look at it for a year at least. Realitically, very few crypto assets deserve their present valuation. There aren't too many "safe" long term hold options in crypto. ETH is as safe as it gets currently, and it could lose half its value in a day too.

Tk0n

Man I hope ARK takes off, the tech is solid this coin deserves a big run.

Volume is picking up. Might be a good day for ark if there is no big dump again.

Also STRAT is looking promising. Im thinking about moving my lsk money there.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Startis team will roll out alpha version of Breeze wallet on Friday plus they will post new development update...so it could go up massively

Im loading up if it drops back to anywhere near .00037. Still, liking this increase.

Yep, I will do the same. But it could end at 0.00040 and not dropping lower.

I do not complain though, it is nice to see wallet worth getting higher and higher

Brohan

Why is ark going up to 0.000455 now? $2.00.

It's been here before very recently and it tried to break the 0.00048000 barrièr and failed to do so after a few tries.

Then it fell back to 40-42k and then it fell further to 36k and now it's back up again.

So i'm hoping that it manages to break that 48k wall this time.

Sony

Nintendo
Im loading up if it drops back to anywhere near .00037. Still, liking this increase.

Looking at the value curve, it's highly unlikely it'll drop to 37 again. I see a patten: steep rise from point A to B, then settle at C, which is the middle of A and B. Then it'll push from C to D, the settle again in the middle of C and D, and point E. etc. etc.

.................................................................................D
...........................B.....................................................................E
..................................................................C
..................A

etc. etc.

That said, I think 43 is the lowest it'll get. I'm especially salty because I placed a buy order before going to bed 42.5 and it dropped to 42.6.. missed it by a hair xD

DonMigs85

Damn, MCO almost at $20. To think I was planning to buy around 250+ units during its ICO phase, but someone said it was probably a scam/pump and dump (which it may still very well be in the end).

gaming_noob

ARK is nearing 48k now, if it manages to get past this time then we might be in for a ride.

I'm cashing out when this gets up to XMR levels. Half kidding but really, really wishing.

If it follows their trend, if ARK comes through for us, we might see close numbers by late next summer.

Danielsan

Should have held on most of my ARK it seems. Let some go this weekend. Ooh well, stil, have some around. Meanwhile I've been sitting pretty on Verge and I've bought up some semi-cheap Neo that should see some gains later this week.

I do want to thank everyone in this thread for helping me get started on Crypto. Even though I only have a very small amount of cash running on this, I've managed to fumble myself into a 27% profit in a matter of 2 weeks. It's been an interesting ride so far and I'm hoping to stick with it for the long haul.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looking back, they tried to get over 0.0050 on 15th and 16th August and it stopped on the same level as today.

kicking myself for being so conservative on my ark investment. still, awesome gains.

Nothing is lost, it will go down and then buy buy buy. :)

Danielsan

I think it might go lower than that... Maybe 42-45? If it doesn't go higher first.
If it's anything like the last push, it will maintain these levels for a bit, and then slide off for a couple of days. I think it should hit 43 at some point within a day or two. Then again, who knows. I could just get bumped up even further.

Brohan

If it's anything like the last push, it will maintain these levels for a bit, and then slide off for a couple of days. I think it should hit 43 at some point within a day or two. Then again, who knows. I could just get bumped up even further.

Yeah if it doesn't rise much higher than it already has then i can see a dip to 43 happening. Ark has this nice pattern going.

Brandson

Damn, MCO almost at $20. To think I was planning to buy around 250+ units during its ICO phase, but someone said it was probably a scam/pump and dump (which it may still very well be in the end).

It is absolutely not a good long term hold. The reason it is going up is because the TA that people are all performing on it indicated it was due for a breakout, so they all bought in, thereby causing the breakout. There was some fomo after that followed by the TA indicating another breakout, etc. So it's only pumping because it's pumping. While you can presently make money like that, I am happy to skip rises in useless coins that don't have a good reason to be going up. It's fine to be willing to buy useless coins if you're ok with riding short term TA-dictated movements if you are also ready to bail quickly. The TA people don't plan to hold MCO for very long. MCO should be going back down by next week imho.

Got my hand on some $$$ to invest. I'm now in the habit of investing any spare money that comes my way. Don't know if that's a good habit...

Anyway, I'm putting around half in ARK and half in IOC. I was looking into ADX too. Any opinions on what's a good long term hold?

Brohan

Got my hand on some $$$ to invest. I'm now in the habit of investing any spare money that comes my way. Don't know if that's a good habit...

Anyway, I'm putting around half in ARK and half in IOC. I was looking into ADX too. Any opinions on what's a good long term hold?

I have only recently started so what do I know :p but after reading everything about IOTA i'm convinced that it's the way to go if you are going for the long term.

Once the entire IOT market gets bigger and when machine to machine economy becomes a thing i think IOTA will become absolutely huge.

I have only recently started so what do I know :p but after reading everything about IOTA i'm convinced that it's the way to go if you are going for the long term.

Once the entire IOT market gets bigger and when machine to machine economy becomes a thing i think IOTA will become absolutely huge.

My only concern with IOTA is the coin supply. I heard a lot of people talking about it but never researched it myself. What does the tech do?

Edit: I also don't wanna use Bitfinex lol.

Brohan

My only concern with IOTA is the coin supply. I heard a lot of people talking about it but never researched it myself. What does the tech do?

The tech is amazing and would be damn near impossible for me to explain.

IOTA isn't even a blockchain but a far superior system called "the tangle" which pretty much solved most of the problems the blockchain has if not all of them. It's infinitely scalable and it's transactions are feeless.

You should really read up on it.

Also i'm not worried about the amount of coins in supply as the market that it's going after could become insanely huge.

Edit: it is supposed to be available on binance very soon.

Edit 2: Also it's supposed to become faster and more secure when more people are using it instead of slower. They actually have a spam feature in their wallet.

The tech is amazing and would be damn near impossible for me to explain.

IOTA isn't even a blockchain but a far superior system called "the tangle" which pretty much solved most of the problems the blockchain has if not all of them. It's infinitely scalable and it's transactions are feeless.

You should really read up on it.

Also i'm not worried about the amount of coins in supply as the market that it's going after could become insanely huge.

Edit: it is supposed to be available on binance very soon.

You've piqued my interest. I'm gonna read up on it and maybe pull the trigger. If it gets on Binance that's my way in for sure.

Thanks!

Tk0n

ha, i thought lisk was done for now and was waiting for the right moment to switch to strat. but now it looks like its going to go for another leg up.

the last week has been beautiful. after i burned so much money the week before, im now at an ath for my portfolio just because of ark and lisk.

i quess that means that it will all come crashing down tomorrow :D

Brohan

ARK is on a rampage.. Wonder how high it will go. It started off as a nice bump but now i feel fomo is driving it up further.

Sad times in the TLBB house, moving half of my stuff to BNB cut off some major profit potential, never mind the actual loss from the drop in the coin value.

I think BNB will recover, just sucks seeing ARK get movement while I'm standing around doing nothing.

Edit: Actually I don't think this part is true

Top Bottom