• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Sony

Nintendo
At this rate I'm not sure I should buy now or wait for ARK to drop.. I feel like waiting for ARK to drop will make me miss the boat terribly :(

Brohan

Im just going to be patient and see where it evens out.

Yeah, for now the trading volume keeps going up so i feel it's not going to stop just yet. I'm kinda glad that my ARK is safe inside of it's wallet cause else i would probably feel like selling and then rebuying after a drop but knowing my Luck that wouldnt end well for me.

My dream of ARK going to $130-$150 by next summer is coming to fruition.

Your dream is my dream haha!

Yeah, for now the trading volume keeps going up so i feel it's not going to stop just yet. I'm kinda glad that my ARK is safe inside of it's wallet cause else i would probably feel like selling and then rebuying after a drop but knowing my Luck that wouldnt end well for me.

Time for me to finally transfer to the wallet as well.

At this rate I'm not sure I should buy now or wait for ARK to drop.. I feel like waiting for ARK to drop will make me miss the boat terribly :(

Look on the reddit crypto page. ARK is hot shit again, three of the top page threads are about ARK.

Only one of the threads is on ARK getting added to coinspot, the other major one is someone basically hyping up ARK.

Reeks of the first major pump we had tbh.

Sony

Nintendo
ARK, please drop :(
(No bad feelings toward you ARK holders I just want more ARK :p)

Look on the reddit crypto page. ARK is hot shit again, three of the top page threads are about ARK.

Only one of the threads is on ARK getting added to coinspot, the other major one is someone basically hyping up ARK.

Reeks of the first major pump we had tbh.

So I should expect a drop?

ARK, please drop :(
(No bad feelings toward you ARK holders I just want more ARK :p)

I have no idea. When I've been in on a "pump", it's only been really twice. First time was GAS, and I didn't really know what I was doing and tried to ride it to the moon, only for it to instantly crash down. Second time was with ARK when we basically had all day growth, and then near the night there was a rapid increase in value to around 3USD, which then tanked.

Just be carful is all. If you think you're in a pump, set a target to sell out. If you're holding, then just hold and enjoy the ride. Small fish like us are just here to ride the tides and guess where it will go.

Sony

Nintendo
I have no idea. When I've been in on a "pump", it's only been really twice. First time was GAS, and I didn't really know what I was doing and tried to ride it to the moon, only for it to instantly crash down. Second time was with ARK when we basically had all day growth, and then near the night there was a rapid increase in value to around 3USD, which then tanked.

Just be carful is all. If you think you're in a pump, set a target to sell out. If you're holding, then just hold and enjoy the ride. Small fish like us are just here to ride the tides and guess where it will go.

Thanks for the advice, thing is, I really want more ARK. Because I believe in the tech and because I want to have enough ARK to be able to generate some from the delegate system.

Is it possible to put 2 conditions for selling in Bittrex? I know it's possible to set a condition for sell if the price is equal to or below a certain point or qual to or higher than a certain point. But can you do both?

Edit: I see my BQX investment is also down.. bummer

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No one is ever really going to know. There's been numerous occasions where people waited for a drop and it just kept going up and remains up. ARK might go up to 3 and then drop to 2.5, which is still more than now. For example, you can see in my post history that I wanted to buy XMR, but it was exploding. When it hit $100, I thought I could just wait until it dropped a bit and then I could buy in then. Instead it went up to $160 and the drop was only to $150ish. Wish I had bought when it approached $100 rather than wait, but what can ya do.

gaming_noob

Your dream is my dream haha!

Time for me to finally transfer to the wallet as well.

I want to be able to tell my kids that "I was there" when Goliath ARK was a mere $1.70 a few years from now. I want to be like one of the lucky investors of Google and Bitcoin before they exploded.

It will be interesting to see what people do who bough in during the ATH pump. Will they sell and break even, or hold?

I've learned my lesson never to buy as a coin keeps climbing in the green. Sometimes its hard not too, but it can be painful when things start dropping and you lose quite a bit of money or panic ensues.

Ok, out of lisk and into STRAT. Now please dont disapoint me (again) STRAT.

Lisk is all over place. It had that huge run up, and now it just keeps bouncing from $6 to $7.15. Have to wonder if its the whales trying to accumulate more coins before this takes off again.

Sony

Nintendo
Watching ARK is so painful, damn

Ok this is strange, I put a buy order last night for some BNB at 0.00042.. I see on the graph that it dropped below that, to 0.00041999, yet the buy order didn't go through. Is that because the BID wasn't equal to that..?

Shit. Watching ARK pump one day before I get access to my funds is painful.

I'll still bite. Even if it was 5$ we will look back in a year and think "I wish I had bought more ARK at 5$". Anyone who has 1000+ ARK has a ticket to a very nice car or a regular home 1/2 years from now.

Hold, people!

Tk0n

Lisk is all over place. It had that huge run up, and now it just keeps bouncing from $6 to $7.15. Have to wonder if its the whales trying to accumulate more coins before this takes off again.

My take is, that it just cant decide when to correct and fall into a bottemless pit ;)
fomo is only working on the rise and the rise is over for now. Could be wrong and miss the next pump. But i took my 100% profit and ran for now ;)

Sony

Nintendo
I think ARK is starting to go down, there is a small downward trend. Then again... it went down to 4.7 then shot up again. Who the fuck knows haha

Sony

Nintendo
I'm a fucking imbecile. I burnt 30% of my profits (20 euro) trying to get on the Ark trade. Selling lower than I buy every damn time. Fuck I'm mad a myself.

ARK seems to be correcting itself..

gaming_noob

I'll still bite. Even if it was 5$ we will look back in a year and think "I wish I had bought more ARK at 5$". Anyone who has 1000+ ARK has a ticket to a very nice car or a regular home 1/2 years from now.

Hold, people!

I feel like a wishful gambling addict again.

Sony

Nintendo
Phew, gained back some of the losses, baught at 50, sold at 52

What am I even doing

C'mon you B drop below 50...

Holy S at those sell orders

Sony

Nintendo
Theyre just fake. As soon as the price comes close, theyll be gone. Sometimes i wish i had the money to simply buy them out, ruining someone day :D

I sometimes even can't grasp basic economy due to stress, what happend when large sell orders are placed, buy orders, what it means to buy someout out, I had a fucking 9/10 for corporate finance and I lost all the basics, it's stress xD

15k buy order coming in!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MCO rise is just insane. And there are still 3 days until their mobile app release

I had enough of waiting with PAY, I will sell it tomorrow and get either ARK, Startis or OMG

Hold, people!
I am planning on staking up more ARK in next weeks and then long term hold.

Tk0n

I sometimes even can't grasp basic economy due to stress, what happend when large sell orders are placed, buy orders, what it means to buy someout out, I had a fucking 9/10 for corporate finance and I lost all the basics, it's stress xD

15k buy order coming in!

Sometimes big sell orders are used to supress the price because people will try to underbid to get their sell orders filled. Same with buy orders, but in the other direction. People will try to overbid to get their orders filled.
Dont trust a big buy order when the coin gets dumped. They are gone faster than you can say "Oh S..."

Tk0n

I love how much attention ARK is getting right now. Such a cool project.

I hope/long for the day it hits £24 :D

Im a bit pissed because it was such a cool joker. I bought first at 66 Cent thinking "if this is launching, im gonna be rich". Then i lost some of my stach due to stupid day trading experiments. Then i sold for 90 cents directly before the pump and the doubling of the price. And now im never gonna have as much ark again as i had in the begining because i cant afford that much anymore :p

Sony

Nintendo
50k order placed...

Sometimes big sell orders are used to supress the price because people will try to underbid to get their sell orders filled. Same with buy orders, but in the other direction. People will try to overbid to get their orders filled.
Dont trust a big buy order when the coin gets dumped. They are gone faster than you can say "Oh S..."

So big buy orders are to inflate the price? The ASK becomes highers, so the BID becomes higher? Is that what whaling is?

gaming_noob

I love how much attention ARK is getting right now. Such a cool project.

I hope/long for the day it hits £24 :D

That's the highest it'll go realistically?

Also, what other new altcoins do you have confidence in? Something that's under a dollar if it exists.

Sony

Nintendo

Also, what other new altcoins do you have confidence in? Something that's under a dollar if it exists.

BQX, and SC has some potential. Siacoin's concept is having a NAS in someone's house so that the cloud becomes decentralized. The reason why I'm semi optimistic about SC is because cloud storage will only grow and if there is a private server in a home, the heat it produces can actually be used to warm up water or even a room. It's all thearetical ofcoure :)

Edit: The biggest ARK delta from drop to top (today) is 0.0005. Seeing as the current ARK run up came from 0.00049, it'll reach max 0.00054 top before going down again.

gaming_noob

BQX, and SC has some potential. Siacoin's concept is having a NAS in someone's house so that the cloud becomes decentralized. The reason why I'm semi optimisted about SC is because cloud storage will only grow and if there is a private server in a home, the heat it produces can actually be used to warm up water of ever a room. It's all thearetical ofcoure :)

That's interesting. Going to check out SC since it's only $0.01.

Donos

Not giving you an advice to get them but coins that are worth looking in to which are under 1 $: XEM, CVC, TNT (fresh from the ICO but only on EtherDelta atm) and even SIA (just get a couple thousands SIA for like $20 and look back in 1-2 years).Just read up about them as much as you can. I'm not to hot on XRP (Ripple) or BAT but these are also under a dollar and mentioned frequently (XRP more than BAT).
But don't follow the hype of the week and choose coins which are, in your opinion worth it (long term).

pieface

No I think it will go much higher, but @ £24 it will mean I've made a figure I would have never imagined.

I've always really liked NAV and I put about £1000 into it when it was about 0.23p. That was before the BTC/BCC drama and it's taken a long time to turn profitable. It's on a pump at the minute so i'd wait til it chills out before investing. Very active dev team and apparently more anonymous than XMR.

I'm also invested in Wings which is kinda going under the radar atm, they have a BETA release of their platform in September. When the pre-beta was released in June(ish) it shot up to $1. Then dropped considerably. I'm hoping with the BETA release it shoots up to 1.5-2$ and then i'll sell it probably. Not sure how high it will go after that.

They're the only coins i'm invested in under $1.

EDIt - I do like BAT as mentioned above but hold none of it.

Not giving you an advice to get them but coins that are worth looking in to which are under 1 $: XEM, CVC, TNT (fresh from the ICO but only on EtherDelta atm) and even SIA (just get a couple thousands SIA for like $20 and look back in 1-2 years).Just read up about them as much as you can. I'm not to hot on XRP (Ripple) or BAT but these are also under a dollar and mentioned frequently (XRP more than BAT).
But don't follow the hype of the week and choose coins which are, in your opinion worth it (long term).

BAT is supposed to have some "announcements" in September, so hopefully they have some good things coming for their Brave projects. I put aout $200 down on BAT a month ago, so I hope that it atleast gets to $1-$2 by the end of the year. They do have a very solid team with a project that could do wonders for advertising.

It is so hard at this point to determine which projects will take off with all this damn pumping and dumping is occurring.

Lisk was getting too unstable for me, so I took my profits and ran earlier this weekend. If Lisk can now consolidate and stabilize in this $6-7 range, it could be another good pickup as I see this as another double digit coin.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I bought some of CVC and XRP because they are so cheap and I think they might have something there, at least enough to justify a few bucks. XRP in particular, though, I could see just climbing to something significant in the long run. I wouldn't put a significant amount of money in any of these, but I think the potential is there. There are many.. many... coins I wouldn't put even a dollar into.

Sony

Nintendo
Damn.. It's almost bedtime and I have no clue what to do with ARK. Invest at 0.49 or take my chances tomorrow..

pieface

Damn.. It's almost bedtime and I have no clue what to do with ARK. Invest at 0.49 or take my chances tomorrow..

Not that I can tell you what to do. And nor should you really listen to my advice and tyou should do what you like........ but I think it will drop down to 46-49k tomorrow

Though I did some TA which told me it's going to blow up again at 10:30 BST tonight... so who knows :D

Sony

Nintendo
Not that I can tell you what to do. And nor should you really listen to my advice and tyou should do what you like........ but I think it will drop down to 46-49k tomorrow

Though I did some TA which told me it's going to blow up again at 10:30 BST tonight... so who knows :D

What's TA? :p

Sony

Nintendo
Welp, that means I'm staying up :p

Damn, ARK bid and ask are pretty effin' close for a while now, I guess everyone is waiting for the one that makes the first move xD

Top Bottom