• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I did a test sending 1 ARK from my wallet back to the exchange, but Bittrex hasnt shown it yet on the pending deposits area. ARK wallet says it has 566 confirmations and is well confirmed. Trying to test it before I send the rest of the ark I have to the wallet.

Well, if it is in your wallet, you are safe.

Just send 50 newly acquired ARK from Bittrex to my wallet and they were there in 10 seconds after I confirmed the transfer on exchange.

Yea but Bitcoin took a smack, so even with the return of ARK value my wallet is like 500USD smaller

Ah,it will bounce back soon.

Crispy

How much are you willing to lose?

If you dive in

1) Don't day trade
2) Don't chase the pumps, and if you're holding a coin don't panic sell
3) Send small test transfers to get used to sending your coins
4) Talk to people here about coins they trust as long term investments where you are comfortable holding through the crazy shit that happens.

I totally agree, but would kike to add that maybe you can set aside a small amount, like $100, for daytrading.
That way you'll also have some fun! Especially with this thread detailing all of the dips and happenings of the day. If you make some money that way, add it to your fixed assets. If you lose some, no harm done. Before doing anything though, make sure you understand everything!

Tk0n

I did a test sending 1 ARK from my wallet back to the exchange, but Bittrex hasnt shown it yet on the pending deposits area. ARK wallet says it has 566 confirmations and is well confirmed. Trying to test it before I send the rest of the ark I have to the wallet.

i think you need to send 1,1 ark, because of the tx fee.

I totally agree, but would kike to add that maybe you can set aside a small amount, like $100, for daytrading.
That way you'll also have some fun! Especially with this thread detailing all of the dips and happenings of the day. If you make some money that way, add it to your fixed assets. If you lose some, no harm done. Before doing anything though, make sure you understand everything!

Yea, I was going to write that, but it takes a few weeks/months to gain a feel of how things work and how to start timing the market.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
How do you guys transfer to usd to grab gains? Do the fees bother you?

Selling back to exchange like coinbase is the only way right?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like somebody really wants a lot of ARK at 55k. Or better said, not to drop under that level.

Corridor placed between 55k and 62k.

syllogism

200,000 KMD stack constantly trying to scare people right before their announcement, classy. He is only putting it down for like 20 seconds.

Donos

My first cash out was at coinbase (€) and they charged me a hefty fee. Second time i used Kraken after my tier 4 got verified. They charged me "hefty" 0,19 € overall...

Never at coinbase again!

syllogism

Note to self, trying to day trade highly anticipated announcements on a mobile phone isn't a good idea. Managed to sell at essentially ATH, but then tried to ride the volatility and only came out even. Could be worse considering KMD is 30% down (oversold). Wasn't with a small stack either.

I know I'll make more money in the long run, but I just can't bring myself to put in another 500/1K into coins for some reason.

EDIT: Rofl, ARK has both a sell and buy wall

tzare

yay, finally bought my first ARK coins.
So is it recommended to put them in the propietary wallet, isn't it?

Since it is locally stored, is there a way to do a backup or just knowing the secret words is enough to keep it safe in case the HDD crashes?
And for the delegate thing, it has to be done via ark wallet to, doesn't it? Or it would be possible to be done from my bittrex ark wallet?

Cipherr

Is this a good time to buy a good chunk of BTC and/or ETH? Seems to be a bit down today...

Always buy on dips if you are looking at buying BTC ETH IMO. Most valuable and stable crypto, and you don't want to buy mid surge.

So yeah buy on a red day.

yay, finally bought my first ARK coins.
So is it recommended to put them in the propietary wallet, isn't it?

Since it is locally stored, is there a way to do a backup or just knowing the secret words is enough to keep it safe in case the HDD crashes?
And for the delegate thing, it has to be done via ark wallet to, doesn't it? Or it would be possible to be done from my bittrex ark wallet?

Yeah use the latest Ark wallet for sure. Having the 12 words means you can import and access the wallet on a new device/pc should something happen to your current one. And for delegate you have to have your ARK in the wallet and off the exchange (its safer in the wallet anyhow). Remember also that it costs 1 ark to vote for a delegate, so use the calculator and see which one is best for you to vote for, because you are paying $2.63 (or whatever 1 ARK cost at that time) to vote. And to unvote, that's another 1 ARK.

tzare

Always buy on dips if you are looking at buying BTC ETH IMO. Most valuable and stable crypto, and you don't want to buy mid surge.

So yeah buy on a red day.

Yeah use the latest Ark wallet for sure. Having the 12 words means you can import and access the wallet on a new device/pc should something happen to your current one. And for delegate you have to have your ARK in the wallet and off the exchange (its safer in the wallet anyhow). Remember also that it costs 1 ark to vote for a delegate, so use the calculator and see which one is best for you to vote for, because you are paying $2.63 (or whatever 1 ARK cost at that time) to vote. And to unvote, that's another 1 ARK.

Thanks, i have 27 arks, not much but just starting with all this crypto thing.

How can i know wich delegate is the best for me? WOuldn't it be better to vote just one in the top 25, for example, and get the rewards for that? Btw, when or how do you get those benefits. I know i won't be gettin gmuch, but just to see how it works. Seems a much better way than mining for sure.

Thanks, i have 27 arks, not much but just starting with all this crypto thing.

How can i know wich delegate is the best for me? WOuldn't it be better to vote just one in the top 25, for example, and get the rewards for that? Btw, when or how do you get those benefits. I know i won't be gettin gmuch, but just to see how it works. Seems a much better way than mining for sure.

It's not worth voting with such a small amount of ARK, it would take over a year to actually regain your vote through what you earn.

IIRC you need north of 1K ARK to really see any type of reasonable return.

jamsy

You can buy fractions of coins if you don't want to plop ~5K on this XD

Ha, I'm well aware. I have a few things on Bittrex currently, but figured I'd go for it. BTC and ETH keep trending up despite the dips, and it's Friday and I'm feeling bold. Or stupid haha.

tzare

It's not worth voting with such a small amount of ARK, it would take over a year to actually regain your vote through what you earn.

oh thanks, then i will just wait to see what happens mid or long term. I can't afford to loose my savings, so so far i've only invested 300€ in crypto. Let's see what happens and maybe will invest further.

AmFreak

According to this the best delegate gives you ~10% ROI in a year.
So even with 120 ARK you would be in the green after 1 month as long as this percentage stays true.
But i never owned ARK, so do i miss something?

Donos

Yeah 27 ARK is not really enough to get anything (see calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit?ts=595ea770#gid=0) but i got my 1 ARK back with 350 ARK in the wallet rather fast (delegate Jarunik). And 30 ARK in a year is not bad. It's not much but it's just getting something for doing nothing more than a 1 ARK vote.
Now i added the ARK investment of my gf and get a bit more.

Jiraiza

Yeah 27 ARK is not really enough to get anything (see calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit?ts=595ea770#gid=0) but i got my 1 ARK back with 350 ARK in the wallet rather fast (delegate Jarunik). And 30 ARK in a year is not bad. It's not much but it's just getting something for doing nothing more than a 1 ARK vote.
Now i added the ARK investment of my gf and get a bit more.

Is there some kind of incentive in choosing a delegate that doesn't pay out the most? It looks like you're better off just picking the highest one on the calculator, unless I'm missing something here. I already voted for yin, but I've been thinking of choosing someone else based on that calculator alone.

The Rizza

Reminder to anyone who hasn't set up some sort of 2FA, MAKE SURE TO DO THIS. Just got a notification about someone trying to get into one of my accounts

Hisoka

So.. seems i missed black friday? Worked all day long.. ahh well whatever.. wouldn't even have fiat on an exchange right now so it doesn't matter. Hope China doesn't get it shit together for a longer period of time. Buying low is nice.

So.. seems i missed black friday? Worked all day long.. ahh well whatever.. wouldn't even have fiat on an exchange right now so it doesn't matter. Hope China doesn't get it shit together for a longer period of time. Buying low is nice.

Coins are going down again, so you might not have missed anything yet.

Donos

Reminder to anyone who hasn't set up some sort of 2FA, MAKE SURE TO DO THIS. Just got a notification about someone trying to get into one of my accounts
What exchange? By any chance Cryptopia?

Is there some kind of incentive in choosing a delegate that doesn't pay out the most? It looks like you're better off just picking the highest one on the calculator, unless I'm missing something here. I already voted for yin, but I've been thinking of choosing someone else based on that calculator alone.

Well, someone paying out the most now is not guaranteed to pay out most forever. I just read through some proposals on reddit and liked what Jarunik wrote the most and saw that his payout is was not bad. So i voted for him. Also some delegates have some "measures" for delegate hoppers.

Brandson

I would also add, use a 2FA authenticator app if at all possible. 2FA using SMS codes is not secure enough.

Cipherr

You could use the localbitcoins website to sell person to person by meeting at a public place. Thats probably the most used and well known way to sell straight BTC to cash via a meetup and skip the exchanges (and taxes). The bigger the city you live in, the more people will be on localbitcoins for you to trade with.

Poor Sony, BNB is like the red headed step child. When things are looking up, they get smacked around and thrown back into the basement.

Wow, both it and NEO lost all their gains. Thats some serious trolling over like 7 days. Up and down back up half way then right back down again. China news pump and dumping the market of Chinese related coins.

There's a lot to look at. For example, transaction fees. Let's say for example the transaction fee is .25 Ark per transaction. You need to look at the chart and see if your delegate pays the tx fee FOR you, or if they pass the tx fee on TO you. For example, if you generate .26 per day, and the tx fee is .25 per day also and your Delegate pays out 1 time per day, then you really have a gain of .01 per day after that fee is paid.

I think you also need to look at how many times your delegate actually pays out per day, some of them pay out 4 times a day, that's 4 tx fees per day if they are passing that cost on to you. Make sure you are coming out ahead. Also some delegates only pay out if you hit a certain amount. like 2 ark min payout, if you cant hit that threshold, make sure they allow accumulation (Running balance) and will pay you out once your payouts total up to 2.

Hisoka

Right, didn't miss anything it seems. ARK is really stable, never saw something that resistant. This is awesome i have to say.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I don't think China has done a single thing I agree with since I've been alive.

Anyone using google Authenticator? I'm worried about losing my phone and being screwed out of accounts (iOS here)

I use it, I think it's tied to your phone number not a single cellular device though?

Top Bottom