• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

tzare

I have some money as would like to get into try making some investment in bitcoin. Where do I start?

i just started this week. First try to understand how everything works, the basics: different coins, their wallets, exchanges that trade with some coins and not the others.The fees....
I started making by making a coinbase account, it is not cheap, but seems to bee 'safe' and easy to start.
Buy some coins they offer (only BTC, ETH and LTC) and from there.... i am now trying to figure out how to buy ark. I tried litebit but my bank blocked the sepa transference , i even received a call to warn me that that bank account, tied to litebit was fraudulent, so i stopped.

Instead will add some extra funds to buy BTC in coinbase and then transfer them to bittrex to buy ark or maybe another interesting coin, reading here to see if an opportunity appears....

btw you can get a referal link for ATS that is to be launched in one week, you can get a few free tokens. Someone posted the link here before. If you cannot find it i can send you my referal link.

edit: here is the post for ATS tokens http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247489529&postcount=3555

edit2. everything seems to be going down , lol, i hope my deposit doesn't take to long so i can buy something a little cheap.

What would you recommend guys, ark, and something more short term. Not gonna invest much but to have some fun and get experience

This is potentially the source of the massive dump

Mw3cY1D.png
【官媒:监管酝酿取缔比特币交易平台】接近监管人士8日表示,比特币交易平台已沦为非法经济活动洗钱和庄家操纵价格洗劫散户的通道,应尽快予以取缔。除了非法经济和勒索,目前基本没看到比特币的实际应用。用比特币洗钱可绕过管制将资金转移,尤其在中国目前还存在资本管制的情况下,针对这种行为应尽快出台监管措施。取缔比特币交易平台,并非是取缔比特币。取缔平台是取消比特币与法定货币大量兑换的通道。(中国证券报)

Translation:
Some sources related to the government said that Bitcoin trading is becoming a place for illegal economic activities (read as: laundering) and should be replaced ASAP. Apart laundering and extorting, it seems that Bitcoin has no other real use, and by using Bitcoins, people can move their assets to overseas without having to tell the government, which is against the law in China. So now they want to change the way to trade it (read as: the government wants to monitor Bitcoins trade)

Basically, the China ride ain't over.
Stop putting money in Chinese coins

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Fuck the Chinese government, good lord.

The problem is that these news are not confirmed at all and they do not mean de facto Bitcoin & other coin ban in China, but people tend to react to these news. And voila, just open Bittrex and have a look. Good thing that I got rid of NEO share yesterday.

At least I will get some Ark for 55k :p

Danielsan

I'm going to put in some extra cash soon. I keep missing out on all these great sales. Picking up NAV at sub 27k is such a steal.

Donos

Just opened blockfolio after a day without looking it up and it jumps 800€ down 0_0. Damn, have to catch up what happened.

Donos

I look at my blockfolio every few mins lol

If I wasn't tied up with my holdings would have definitely bought a lot of BAT myself too.
Well i also look regularly in the day but I'm at vacations and internet reception is also very spotty here...

I have £15k in savings. Realistically, how much as a newbie should I invest (risk)?

How much are you willing to lose?

If you dive in

1) Don't day trade
2) Don't chase the pumps, and if you're holding a coin don't panic sell
3) Send small test transfers to get used to sending your coins
4) Talk to people here about coins they trust as long term investments where you are comfortable holding through the crazy shit that happens.

only once you get a feel would I ever recommend trying to play and time the market, and even then it's easy to get burned and lose money. Crypto is about swimming with the current the whales provide, you'll never be able to beat them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
do you think it would be wise to change my BTC for another coin? ark or LTC?

Only you can answer that. Personally, ARK is one of my biggest holdings and I believe in it, but BTC is the standard and is probably the "safest".

I have £15k in savings. Realistically, how much as a newbie should I invest (risk)?

As someone else said, only invest what you can afford to lose. If you invested all 15k, and you lost it all, would you be okay with that? 5k? 2K? etc.

I did a test sending 1 ARK from my wallet back to the exchange, but Bittrex hasnt shown it yet on the pending deposits area. ARK wallet says it has 566 confirmations and is well confirmed. Trying to test it before I send the rest of the ark I have to the wallet.

Top Bottom