• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wow... future will be good for ARK.

It weather the storm perfectly and there is very stable support above 50k range. But still, I plan on stacking some more when / if it goes near 50k level. 2.45$ is still bargain for this on longterm,.

Yeah, we are in the pre-compuserve days. That's what I tell people when they ask if it's too late.

Investing in crypto will still be a niche thing as long as it's so hard to buy/sell/protect coins. It's not "hard" to nerds like us, but to people like my family, or 99% of my friends, it's just bewildering.
Yeah. I bought my brother 2.2 bitcoins in 2013 for $40 a pop. He gave me $100 to invest. He got impatient. He didn't get what it was. I had to hold them for him. Even I was very uneducated about it all at the time. $100 was a lot to him I guess. He wanted his $100 back. So after a few weeks I basically sold them for the same $100 he put into it. I remind him how much they are worth today often. lol But it is difficult to explain and the wallet procedures are not easy. That is the biggest hurdle to making this thing explode. I am not sure if the Bitcoin team are working on that or any of the alt teams have simplified the process and/or if the process can be simplified much more than it is today. Buying isn't that difficult (coinbase) but the storage that is more complex. As much as Coinbase is seen as credible and insured, I still think people should be holding their own keys.

Is there any exchanges like a LastPass type thing where your master password (coins) are not kept on their servers or in their wallets but can be accessed even if the site is compromised? And your keys are always safe with you? A site that has a nice UI like a normal FIAT bank account where you don't need to download a wallet externally or whatever. I don't know how to explain this better but maybe someone understands what I am trying to get at.

BNB up 70% on the day. Sony is saved. Its clawing back
Yeah. Sony deserves a break haha. Sell that shit Sony!

pieface

Wow... future will be good for ARK.
This is all so sketchy too.

That wall will get removed before it gets eaten. It's classic market manipulation.

ARK was close to breaking 60k. A whale with 200,000 ARK puts up that sell wall, instantly bots manipulate the price lower, people see that wall and start selling their ARK cheaply... the same whale who put the wall up then buys the ark from those panic selling.

Tis clever really, very wrong though.

When the whale wants the price of ark to go up, it will.

Cipherr

That wall will get removed before it gets eaten. It's classic market manipulation.

ARK was close to breaking 60k. A whale with 200,000 ARK puts up that sell wall, instantly bots manipulate the price lower, people see that wall and start selling their ARK cheaply... the same whale who put the wall up then buys the ark from those panic selling.

Holy wow.... Thats...

pretty messed up man. I never thought about that.

$NEO seems to be correcting after that rocket.

I sold at $33.00 That was a great overnight bet man. Its back to $29 now.

hqdefault.jpg

Laieon

I know pretty much nothing about economics or cryptocurrency, but I decided to put in $20 (total) yesterday into a few coins just to experiment. I'd rather lose $20 than $200 or $2000. Right now I have some ethereum, litecoin, OmiseGo, and IOTA. Pretty happy so far. Obviously haven't made any money yet really (a total of $0.53!), but profit is profit and I'm glad to see I'm not losing money. IOTA is the only one right now that's worth less than I bought it for, but since I'm buying tiny amounts right now I don't really care if it bombs. Might throw in a bit more into ethereum and OmiseGo come payday.

Most of us have some sort of vice that we spend money on daily. For me it is sometimes cigarettes. At $10 a pack if you are a pack a day smoker that is $300 a month you would be better off throwing at crypto. Sacrifice a vice for a day, a week, or a month and put it into crypto and see what happens. Think of it that way and you aren't really losing anything and potentially gaining a whole lot more (and in the case of cigarettes improving your health as well!)

Go through your backlog and skip on buying that new release this month. Buy some crypto instead.

I really need to learn how to time stuff like that.

I don't know with Neo, it is so unpredictable that it's tough trying to time it. I tried to day trade it at one point last month almost costing me 100 of my coins.

I'm a believer in Neo, but something just appears to be funny that is going on with this price action beyond the bots/whales. This thing shot up to $56 ATH, then all this China/ICO news along with a US holiday weekend we get back down as low as $16, and now Bitfinex starts trading it where we shoot back up to $33 for the day so far. People see this as a glimmer of hope, yet we drop down again in the $27 range. My other issue too is that I fell in love with ANS/NEO, as my brother was telling me, never fall in love with a coin.......it can be a big loss to your pockets.

Glad to see that OMG and Pivx are doing pretty good, hoping that the train ride for both is semi-smooth and not as bumpy as NEO.

Cipherr

I don't know with Neo, it is so unpredictable that it's tough trying to time it.

Yeah, I have to say, I didn't time that trade really. I just sold it when I woke up not really caring if it continued to go up after I sold it or not. I think it went to mid 34's after I sold it. Im done trying to wait for the 'peaks'. I can never time that stuff right intentionally so I just decided I was okay with the gain I got over night and sold it.

Yeah, I have to say, I didn't time that trade really. I just sold it when I woke up not really caring if it continued to go up after I sold it or not. I think it went to mid 34's after I sold it. Im done trying to wait for the 'peaks'. I can never time that stuff right intentionally so I just decided I was okay with the gain I got over night and sold it.

There will be many more opportunities in the future if you can time this correctly since NEO is all over the place.

I was just on Reddit and some of these NEO fanboys are just annoying its like the Sony vs. MSFT wars. They are starting to talk so much trash about OMG and their team like it is their fault that Neo has fallen so much. OMG at least has a product that works while Neo isn't quite there yet. Ugh!!!!

Cipherr

There will be many more opportunities in the future if you can time this correctly since NEO is all over the place.

I was just on Reddit and some of these NEO fanboys are just annoying its like the Sony vs. MSFT wars. They are starting to talk so much trash about OMG and their team like it is their fault that Neo has fallen so much. OMG at least has a product that works while Neo isn't quite there yet. Ugh!!!!

Oh god, crypto fanboy wars. I absolutely have to see this.

Oh god, crypto fanboy wars. I absolutely have to see this.

Yeah, it's quite hilarious. It's been like this the last few days with these guys. I have coins from both of them and as long as both go up, I'm good. :) One thing that crypto has taught me these last few months is to diversify and not place all of your eggs in one basket.

Absinthe

Do you guys think anything positive of siacoin?

It's relatively free to mine for many using Claymore which IMO keeps the value down. Good tech though. If they can get more customers it could take off.

Yeah, it's quite hilarious. It's been like this the last few days with these guys. I have coins from both of them and as long as both go up, I'm good. :) One thing that crypto has taught me these last few months is to diversify and not place all of your eggs in one basket.

Pretty much. Many Alts are propped up on hopes and dreams right now vs actual use

What's interesting with NEO is the order book numbers. Buy vs Sell is ~50% right now (1900 to 3800). Most of the others, ARK, OMG etc don't even come close to that. Seems like HODL is what most are thinking with NEO.

I wish I had the guts to put more than $50 into it to really make money

Back in July when we had the big bloodbath, I bought in at $.09 and then sold off at $.30. At that time I didn't put in a lot, but I double my money. A few weeks ago I bought back in with a few hundred dollars in hopes that we do get to at least $.50.

Personally if you have $50 to put on BAT, do it when it is under $.20, it at times gets to $.30 or above and can make a few extra dollars.

Still dont trust this fucker. I expect the drop any minute. At least there are less dumps since chinese ips are banned from binance :D
Free money! I put $200 into it yesterday morning? That is now worth $350 today. Not bad. I think I will sell now that it hovers around 0.000400 and then buy back at around 0.000200 and rinse and repeat until I have 1000 coins and just sit on it for a month or so maybe.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Free money! I put $200 into it yesterday morning? That is now worth $350 today. Not bad. I think I will sell now that it hovers around 0.000400 and then buy back at around 0.000200 and rinse and repeat until I have 1000 coins and just sit on it for a month or so maybe.

Yeah, unless you buy them at 393 by a mistake. Which I recognized 10 minutes later, when it fell to 360...

On my way to the airport and still i am checking the prices every now and then...i am an addict guys.

I keep saying I have enough coins but I want more lol. I'm kinda at break even right now. I have ripple, xby, siacoin, bat, ark.

Now I want some neo because everyone is hyping it up

DrM

Redmond's Baby
LSK is rising again, I hope that it will go towards 0.0018, so I can sell it again for nice profit :p

I really hope that ARK goes down a bit, forgot to create a buy order at 56k before I went to bed

Tk0n

LSK is rising again, I hope that it will go towards 0.0018, so I can sell it again for nice profit :p

I really hope that ARK goes down a bit, forgot to create a buy order at 56k before I went to bed

never!
60k is the bottom now :p

Brohan

I keep saying I have enough coins but I want more lol. I'm kinda at break even right now. I have ripple, xby, siacoin, bat, ark.

Now I want some neo because everyone is hyping it up

My IOTA is failing me at the moment.. Kind of wished i had sold them a few days ago and put it into more ARK instead. Definitely investing more once i can though.

never!
60k is the bottom now :p

I think so too but even 60k is a good price of entry imo. I feel pretty certain that ARK will see some big gains in the coming months.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think so too but even 60k is a good price of entry imo. I feel pretty certain that ARK will see some big gains in the coming months.
I agree. It gained a lot in one month, so it can only go up. With good roadmap ahead I see big gains in future.

Today's morning spike is interesting though, is that when that whale decided that he had enough? :)

Brohan

I agree. It gained a lot in one month, so it can only go up. With good roadmap ahead I see big gains in future.

Today's morning spike is interesting though, is that when that whale decided that he had enough? :)

That whale had actually removed his wall a bit before the spike but maybe it just took people a while to notice.

Top Bottom