• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Did we hit the floor?

The weekend is upon us and usually we go into the red so I fear this can continue through Sunday.

NEO and BNB are the worst I have seen since I started looking into Crypto. It's only been a month and some change for me; but damn. Just like that, all the ICO hype that was at a fever pitch late July is now cooling HEAVILY as people are wary of scams and China is looking to regulate them and trading in general.

Just eviscerated BNB and NEO. It unreal

I have this feeling that China will end up creating its own cryptocurrency and it will not be NEO.

I got lucky with BNB, sold that shit before it started its decent down into the dumps.

Dazza

The weekend is upon us and usually we go into the red so I fear this can continue through Sunday.

I have this feeling that China will end up creating its own cryptocurrency and it will not be NEO.

I got lucky with BNB, sold that shit before it started its decent down into the dumps.

That's the thing with all crypto currencies at the moment they have no real value, there is absolutely nothing stopping current financial powers creating their own one and using their current dominance to force their acceptance

Damn Bitfinex has a steap learning curve but it is insane once you get used to it. I always used to use BTCE back in the day but these chinese exchanges really do have slick UI's. So much power. So many tools.

Edit; If you aren't trading right now you are missing some profits. The swings are amazing. Balls of steel. Gonna be a fun night.

not for the faint of heart

Drifters

To the moooooooooonnnnnn. LOL! Now I fear even with the Mercury release, it will not help BAT at all if we continue in the red.

I'm hoping that $BAT stays low for the next few days so I can some f'ning more of it! I've had a pending deposit now since Monday which I'm anxiously waiting to clear.

tap tap tap tap tap

I am drinking Whisky, listening to 80's music, and day (night?) trading. I will keep this post updated through the night as I get drunker and drunker and how things are going. I am playing with pretty big money and going all in tonight.

Up 0.12 bitcoin at the moment. Started 30 mins ago.

11:10EST - Buying in at $3,395 + pouring my 2nd shot of Crown Royal.

12'13 drunk sorry fission mailed

I'm hoping that $BAT stays low for the next few days so I can some f'ning more of it! I've had a pending deposit now since Monday which I'm anxiously waiting to clear.

tap tap tap tap tap

I'm leery to even add anymore to my BAT position, if Mercury release doesn't amount to the price moving up even .20-.30 it may never go up. LOL!

Drifters

I'm leery to even add anymore to my BAT position, if Mercury release doesn't amount to the price moving up even .20-.30 it may never go up. LOL!

I like the tech more so than the release schedule bumps. If other browsers start using it, that is where the coin will rocket.

Drifters

I am drinking Whisky, listening to 80's music, and day (night?) trading. I will keep this post updated through the night as I get drunker and drunker and how things are going. I am playing with pretty big money and going all in tonight.

Also... I like where this show is going.....

Drifters

Man.... the comments over on Reddit with this current drop are amazing. Someone buying at $4700 and literally can't pay his rent. I... jus......just can't.

This is some crazy shit. Let's see how far it drops this time. I have half a mind to try to buy some ETH at what I hope to be the bottom because I hate money.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Everything could essentially go down to zero, putting the genie back in the bottle and throwing it down a volcano. Governments, especially China, could use the law to keep cryptocurrencies from reemerging until they can create one that works under their desired framework.

China had no reading to let cryptoes become too big to fail, they are much better off killing this and creating something themselves.

At the same time, maybe some currencies will survive and come out stronger in the end.

Luschient

11:10EST - Buying in at $3,395 + pouring my 2nd shot of Crown Royal.

12'13 drunk sorry fission mailed
I'm in dire need of an update to this.

Jiraiza

ARK has calmed down and... the wallet seems to be having issues updating the value in different currencies. Or maybe it's just me?

I'm in dire need of an update to this.
In FIAT. I got too drunk and ended up watching that jake gylenhaal and ryan reynolds space movie. lol Now I have to sleep. I have brought great shame to myself and to GAF.

Was a wash of a night. No way in hell am I going to sleep in coins though. Not that drunk. We still going down.

DonMigs85

Everything could essentially go down to zero, putting the genie back in the bottle and throwing it down a volcano. Governments, especially China, could use the law to keep cryptocurrencies from reemerging until they can create one that works under their desired framework.

China had no reading to let cryptoes become too big to fail, they are much better off killing this and creating something themselves.

At the same time, maybe some currencies will survive and come out stronger in the end.
Such a frightful post

CCS

Banned
Assume Bitcoin rebounds. Do we think ARK holds its value v the dollar (ie falls relative to BTC) or holds its value relative to BTC?

Trying to work out what I want to do in that scenario.

DonMigs85

Anybody have thoughts on Bytecoin/BCN? It's quite cheap right now, could be good for a pump like DGB and XBY in their early days.

Donos

Don't really get the fear that everything depends on China and they could shut everything down. A long lasting huge correction? Sure. The whole crypto world was growing at insane (unhealthy?) speeds anyway. But Crypto is moving on, with or without China. Way more volume, hype and profits with them though.

Another Chinese exchange is closing which is what's causing the crash that started a few minutes ago.

https://www.viabtc.com/announcement/detail?id=11

EmOBcOM.png

pieface

Looking bleak. But hold tight (if you can afford to do so).

I'm selling nothing. In fact, will probably go shopping.

Looking at NEO, OMG and ARK.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Looking bleak. But hold tight (if you can afford to do so).

I'm selling nothing. In fact, will probably go shopping.

Looking at NEO, OMG and ARK.

I'm not selling shit, wish I had funds on standby though to buy at these prices. Didn't expect this mayhem.

Donos

Would add ARK, OMG, IOTA and SIA to my stack if i wouldn't have already a mountain of things to pay this month...

Since everything have is profit from getting coins cheap, i don't have the urge to sell anything.

Feel the people who bought in last week or so. -30 % down as a newcomer in crypto is probably not the most enjoyable experience

Short of destroying the internet, governments can't shut down a decentralized cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin was $600 a year ago. Now a crash to $3000 has people talking like the end is upon us.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This is a rather big correction going on... I wonder if it will mean a rebound in the upcoming months though as people feel it's a good time to buy.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
any chance BTC goes below 2000€?
When will this china thing come to an end??
Chinese exchanges must meet new rules until 30th September. On 18th October 19th Party congress starts and there they will probably take decisions how crypto will be treated in the future.

tzare

Chinese exchanges must meet new rules until 30th September. On 18th October 19th Party congress starts and there they will probably take decisions how crypto will be treated in the future.

oh, it seems i just started with this crypto thing in a tumultuous time, guess inestablity will be a thing for a few weeks then.
Let's see what happens, tempted to buy but have the feeling it will drop even further until everything calms down again.

Donos

oh, it seems i just started with this crypto thing in a tumultuous time, guess inestablity will be a thing for a few weeks then.
Let's see what happens, tempted to buy but have the feeling it will drop even further until everything calms down again.
Probably good to wait to close before 19th oct and then ride the relief wave.

Crispy

Feel the people who bought in last week or so. -30 % down as a newcomer in crypto is probably not the most enjoyable experience

I'm really enjoying this actually. Made some money, made some stupid newbie mistakes, got to know a nice community and learned a lot!

I'm just glad I put some money aside for this and am sticking to that. Although I probably will start buying when everything hits rock bottom.

tzare

Probably good to wait to close before 19th oct and then ride the relief wave.

yes, that is the idea, however it is tempting to buy, placed an order to buy BTC if it goes down to 1800€, but i feel that it can even go lower , we have almost a full month until this may end.

I'm really enjoying this actually. Made some money, made some stupid newbie mistakes, got to know a nice community and learned a lot!

I'm just glad I put some money aside for this and am sticking to that. Although I probably will start buying when everything hits rock bottom.

i just spent 200€ ten days ago buying BTC/ETH/LTC/ark, to se how things work, now i have lost about 25% but i guess will go up eventually, My idea is mid to long term so not really worried,. HAve 100 euros more waiting to buy at low prices too.

I managed to get some funds on an exchange and I'm very tempted to short bitcoin. If we go through 3000$ I think we'll dip some more.

Anyway, I'll just stock up on ARK, IOC and WTC.

Top Bottom