• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

abracadaver

Ive passed them now. Wasnt hard at all. Thanks.

I used the RPGs, didnt see them when I was there the first time.

This game looks amazingly good

Fezan

lowrider007 said:
Anyone else tell me if the boat in the bay near the beginning of the game can not see you through any cover you hide behind but can also shot through rocks at you, fucking annoying seriously.
Yes and no....it can shoot you through almost everything with pin point accuracy besides rocks...or that's how i remember it...and one more thing if you get n boat and try to shoot some one your super soldier powers will not be good as those Koreans as they will always have better aim

Mrbob

steverulez said:
Do you guys think they will port Warhead over in some form as well? Maybe as DLC to the original or as a standalone on GoD?

Got it downloading now, very interested to finally play it. Loved Far Cry too so hopefully this is good. Will pick up Crysis 2 if I like it that much.

Don't know if Crytek will, but they should as Warhead is still the best Crysis game overall (I like them all).

Fezan

and can any one tell me if the physics are intact in the console version like breaking trees and swaying leafs from explosions

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Fezan said:
Yes and no....it can shoot you through almost everything with pin point accuracy besides rocks...or that's how i remember it...and one more thing if you get n boat and try to shoot some one your super soldier powers will not be good as those Koreans as they will always have better aim

Well it's actually shooting at me through rocks, I've just restarted the game to see if it was a random glitch.

Fezan said:
and can any one tell me if the physics are intact in the console version like breaking trees and swaying leafs from explosions

Trees collapse and fall over, bushes get pushed away as you walk through them, shacks can be blown up. It's all in there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished the first level. The draw distance is pretty terrible and the pop-in is fairly obvious. Any action feels like it drops the framerate below 30, but otherwise it's pretty smooth. I'm kinda disappointed it's a straight port of C1 combat-wise as I would have liked the stealth kills from 2 added in.

KKRT00

Digital-Hero said:
Going to try and get PS3 videos within an hour and a half.
Do You have capture card? If yes, use blip.tv and upload there 9k bitrate video, You can post direct link to uploaded file.

And make please some screens, the easiest way is to set fraps for making shot every second or two and then converting it into 100% quality jpeg and upload on imgur.com.

Thanks in advance :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
scitek said:
Do you pick up entire rifles off the ground or just clips?
Rifles are definitely picked up off the ground, but I'm not sure it happens all the time lol. There are a couple moments I specifically remember Nomad not reaching down.

Woorloog

Banned
scitek said:
Do you pick up entire rifles off the ground or just clips?
If you already have the weapon, you pick up the ammo and the weapon on ground vanishes. If you don't have the weapon, you switch your current one. The pistol cannot be switched to another large weapon. First pistol you pick adds dual-wielding i think but can't recall if it is optional.

strata8

Stallion Free said:
Just finished the first level. The draw distance is pretty terrible and the pop-in is fairly obvious. Any action feels like it drops the framerate below 30, but otherwise it's pretty smooth. I'm kinda disappointed it's a straight port of C1 combat-wise as I would have liked the stealth kills from 2 added in.
Sounds like Crysis :p

Stallion Free said:
Which platform?

Nizz

Digital-Hero said:
Thank you for this. Game looks pretty good in the videos. What are your thought on it? Does it run well most of the time?

Also, it seems like the controls are quicker in this than in Crysis 2. In Crysis 2 the controls felt a bit sluggish unless you turned the sensitivity up very high.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tried out PS3 version out of curiosity.

Looks pretty incredible, all things considered. Definitely not as detailed as the PC version, but shockingly close. The new lighting almost makes up for it even.

They even managed to get POM in there as well as all of the physics and interactions. Heck, I think speed mode here is even better than the PC version. Nearly as fast and lasts quite a bit longer.

(offscreen shot)

crysis-2.png

Thanks for posting that video!

How do you feel the physics are? I didn't get any sense of the physics on the PS3 from that video

purple cobra said:
Thank you for this. Game looks pretty good in the videos. What are your thought on it? Does it run well most of the time?

Also, it seems like the controls are quicker in this than in Crysis 2. In Crysis 2 the controls felt a bit sluggish unless you turned the sensitivity up very high.

Its not at a solid 30fps, there is some sluggishness but it's extremely playable.

Another video I recorded:

PS3 Footage - Beach Gameplay [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6uu82rx-Fg&feature=channel_video_title

I recorded all this on a friends PS3. I'm getting the 360 version.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm on fence about buying it or not. I want to but I've played first three levels countless times. It's not about money, it's about time!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
dark10x said:
Heck, I think speed mode here is even better than the PC version. Nearly as fast and lasts quite a bit longer.

glad someone else agrees, you get much better distance out of speed mode on the console version.

I absolutely love the sound of the sniper in 5.1, you can hear the bullet tearing through the air, the sound of the shot resonates for a good 4 seconds, I smile every time I take a shot, I'm not really a gun person tbh but it's so satisfying.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy framerate drops! The village is sub-30 what feels like the whole time because of the enemy count. Kinda frustrating. Crysis still has the best ballistics modelling feel of any FPS though.

For those that have played both the pc and console versions?

Are the controls altered for the consoles?

The gamepad controls for the PC verssion were pretty janky

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stallion Free said:
Holy framerate drops! The village is sub-30 what feels like the whole time because of the enemy count. Kinda frustrating. Crysis still has the best ballistics modelling feel of any FPS though.
Yeah, it doesn't hold solid. However, it is more consistently smooth than what I played back in 2007 on my 8800GT, so that's something. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Letters said:
How's the field of view? Nice and wide?
Same as the default FOV on PC as far as I can tell.

MikeE21286 said:
For those that have played both the pc and console versions?

Are the controls altered for the consoles?

The gamepad controls for the PC verssion were pretty janky
The pad controls are changed from PC Crysis 1 and they are better, but they don't feel as good as they did in Crysis 2. That might just be because of the framerate though (I played C2 at 60 fps on PC with a pad).

Guy Legend said:
What's the save system on the console versions? Automatic checkpoints?
Checkpoints. They appear to be in the same places they were on PC, which is kinda far apart. They also are just tripwire checkpoints where you get them when you pass an invisible line so it's easy to screw yourself with one if you aren't careful.

I gotta say, I'm impressed that they were even able to get a gimped version of Crysis on the consoles. Even 4 years after it's release, it's still one of those baseline PC games that everyone uses to benchmark their beastly systems - sorta like Quake III and Unreal Tournament back in the day.

For those who haven't played it, I would describe it as a tiny bit of Far Cry 2's open world elements, a bit of Deus Ex's variety of play styles.

Xander51

The only thing I miss in this is the slightly faster default non-sprint run speed that came from having a dedicated speed mode. Other than that this plays really well using the Crysis 2 set up. Some of the sounds also seem re-done and punchier.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
KKRT00 said:
Do You have capture card? If yes, use blip.tv and upload there 9k bitrate video, You can post direct link to uploaded file.

And make please some screens, the easiest way is to set fraps for making shot every second or two and then converting it into 100% quality jpeg and upload on imgur.com.

Thanks in advance :)

except imgur recompresses everything over 80% quality jpeg. use abload.de

strata8

So frustrating that the console versions with HDR, SSAO, POM, sunshafts, etc, run at the same performance as my Mobility 5650 at Medium settings with HDR+colourgrading enabled :(

Top Bottom