• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Oh man is this game hilarious. I'm playing the second mission on Delta and I get to the part near the end with the river and I bypass a KPA patrol. I cross the river thinking I'm in the clear but lo and behold I run into another group and cloak just barely before anyone sees me. I have a clear shot at one guy who's kinda split off from the group, while cloaked and silenced. I decloak, take the shot, recloak. Rinse and repeat right?

Wrong, they start firing wildly on my position and I backup to a safe-ish distance while they're shooting at nothing all freaked out. Then the patrol I bypassed before decides to run in and join them! So now I got like 15 guys huddled together firing at this one spot not knowing what's going on.

I start thinking to myself, "man, how am I going to tackle this? Quietly? Naaah, missile launcher."

Hilarity ensued. I kill all but like 3 guys who have no idea what just hit them. Easy mop up. Awesome.

I'm thinking about giving away a download code for Crysis on Xbox 360. Follow me @RyanReynoldsIII on Twitter and you'll be entered into the running. I'll notify you by DM on Twitter if you're the winner.

Tr4nce

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Furiating!!!!

Please give me a hand GAF. I'm in the Core right now. And I can't seem to
kill all of the aliens off in the room where the light falls out for a very short moment. There's so many of them!

Damn, I'm getting older GAF. Once I was a king, now I suck!! :D

thelastword

Banned
Tr4nce said:

kill all of the aliens off in the room where the light falls out for a very short moment. There's so many of them!

You dont have to kill all of them, just try to survive and wait for your exit.

Tr4nce said:

Are you making use of Armor mode?

Tr4nce

Thanks sfor your replies. However I have a new problem now:

Is the TAC cannon a joke on console version, GAF?

When I see walkthroughs on Youtube for PC version, I see parts in the last level which I don't even get to play in the PS3 version! Is it even in??? So weird.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tr4nce said:
Is the TAC cannon a joke on console version, GAF?

When I see walkthroughs on Youtube for PC version, I see parts in the last level which I don't even get to play in the PS3 version! Is it even in??? So weird.
The PC version has a flying level. It's garbage, and I'm glad it's gone.

Tr4nce

Ok, it seems this game suffers from a serious bug. SERIOUS.

I have restarted the level 7 times now, and everytime after
I finish visiting the bridge, I go outside and there's this big enemy waiting outside on deck. However, on the last restart of the level I went outside again, and now after I finish defending the deck, I go to an ELEVATOR????? The game is going totally different now.

How the fuck is that even possible. One of the most annoying bugs ever. EVER. This pisses me off so much.

Nizz

Finally finished the game last night. Had a weird bug happen in the PS3 version, at the part
where I'm on the deck facing the giant alien ship.
I would die and the game wouldn't load the last checkpoint, the screen just stayed black.

I eventually just started the game over again but I didn't mind. I'll admit that the game didn't seem to click with me the first time through. But on my second playthrough it just really clicked. One example of just when it did that was me chasing after a trophy for using the same tank all the way through till the end of the level.

Of course at certain parts the tank started to take a beating so I figured I'll just leave it parked and take out the enemies and AA guns on foot. It's like everything opened up for me at that point. Just love the freedom you have in tackling the situations. Going predator style on the Koreans. Sneaking to the AA guns, slapping some C4 on em and watch the fireworks.

So much fun. If I hadn't been trying for the trophy I probably would have just played that level head on in the tank the whole time. Trying to keep the tank in one piece changed the way I was approaching the game and made me see how I could really play it.

I have pretty much all the trophies except for defeating the game on Delta. I think I'd rather try to get the last third of the game out of the way on Delta and save the rest of the game to tackle the Koreans.

Ocaso

So this game is on sale this week on PSN. I know the PSN version runs at a lower resolution and has somewhat worse performance than the XBL version, but I'm still considering buying it. I'd like to hear opinions on whether these differences are noticeable/annoying enough to make it worthwhile to wait for an XBL sale or whether I should go ahead and jump on the PSN version.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So this game is on sale this week on PSN. I know the PSN version runs at a lower resolution and has somewhat worse performance than the XBL version, but I'm still considering buying it. I'd like to hear opinions on whether these differences are noticeable/annoying enough to make it worthwhile to wait for an XBL sale or whether I should go ahead and jump on the PSN version.
Games on Demand titles rarely get sales on Xbox. So if price is the big factor, go with the PSN release.

Holy fuck the end game may have the worst framerate I have ever seen. It seriously felt like I won by sheer luck because the controls were so unresponsive. Yuck.

Just got this game yesterday for the 360 and man its pretty impressive. I really like the open approach to combat, and while the game has its flaws it is super addictive. Nothing beats sniping from a huge distance and causing mayhem.

I havent played too much of Crysis 2, but what I did play was blown away by what I have played with this game. Here's hoping Crysis 3 goes back to a setting like the first game.

Tunavi

Banned
Just started playing this again. Delta was wayyy too hard, so I stopped after two levels back earlier this year.

Playing through again on hard. Wow, this game has an amazing sandbox and the open level/linear hybrid is great. Good stuff.

YOU CAN PICK UP FROGS

Ricker

WTF is up with the difficulty spike in this game,jesus...playing on Normal and it was going well until this section where I have to clear a small area so a chopper can land...I think there's like 5 guys,they are cloaked and what not and even with my energy shield up,they are bullet sponges for one and kill me in about 5 seconds,and that's one guy...the assist aiming and the general controller feel for this is not as good as the 2 other games,it's like it's laughing in your face saying you should be playing this with KB/M buddy...I will bring it down to easy I guess lol.

Top Bottom