• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CS 1.6 Competitive: Lets Scrim!

cwmartin

Wanted to make a topic for awhile, and I've been getting back into playing CS 1.6 competitive style. A la 5v5's with cal/cevo config. I don't have any ambition to compete for real, but I've been scrimming again with some old friends and was looking to get some Gaffers in on the action. So, if you ever used to be in the competitive 1.6 scene, or wanna get back in, PM or add me on steam and we can scrim. We're usually looking for a few to to get 5. Have a vent server to use and all! Probably only play on weekends and LATE weekdays, job and all.

SteamID = http://steamcommunity.com/id/cwmartin/

sca2511

Very interested in this. The last thread seems like it has been deleted.

My experience is Cal-O :D got very close to Cal-IM, after that season my team broke apart after 3 or 4 years of playing. I'm not looking to get into heavy competition right now.

Is there an IRC channel you idle in? Let me know! Plus i think GAF uses a mumble(better than vent) server if you're interested in that.

Steam ID: sca2511

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Didn't expect to see this kind of thread, heh. My competitive CS days are over I think, but I still miss it. To be honest, I wasn't sure anyone really played 1.6 anymore. I can't get into Source at all.

cwmartin

I've been sneaking into this thread to see its lack of anything but at least this response is nice. Nice to see a couple guys who even know what im talking about. I'm at work at the moment but ill throw you on steam friends once i get home sca. I dont idle anything in IRC like i used to. Just hop to calscrim/findscrim when we want to play.

What was your experience back when you played monkey? I love 1.6 to death and its the only game ive ever competed in, its like my first love. If your interested in scrimming let me know. Source is a floaty disaster, and killed the pro scene completely.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Played a lot of CAL, mostly (IM and M) Some other leagues like STA, CEVO for a bit... and OGL, which we all kind of laugh at, but I had some of the best times playing matches on there because no one really gave a shit :lol

Igo

I'd love to but i'm in the UK. I could maybe make east coast scrims work with around 80 ping.

Top Bottom