• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW President implies that there are more Arrow/Flash spin-offs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55763

"The Flash" is set to debut October 7, and anticipation for the "Arrow" spinoff is incredibly high, especially considering The CW has already ordered three more scripts prior to the series premiere. But if CW President Mark Pedowitz's comments to AdWeek are any indication, "The Flash" may not be the only "Arrow" spinoff headed for the network's air.

"What you’ll see embedded in 'Flash' and 'Arrow' is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out," Pedowitz told AdWeek. "Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on."

Suicide Squad starring Manu Bennett!?

QwQ5jjP.png

ehhhh I dunno. Flash and Arrow are going to be hitting pretty different areas (fantastical superheroics for flash and gritty vigilante stuff for arrow) and they would need to find something that doesn't encroach on either.

I would say something more magic related but Constantine already has an unrelated show.

Sketchbag

Banned
So essentially The Flash will do the bulk of the work and Oliver will fist fight a single dude or disarm a bomb to give him something to do?

Sketchbag

Banned
Love triangle between Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman confirmed.

Batman's peak human physical capabilities can't stop the power that is Wonder Woman from breaking his face and hip from different positions. At least it was a life worth living.

Robin will have so many Batgirls to choose from.

Aquaman will be bisexual.

Cyborg will moonlight as a phone sex operator or OKCupid catfish account.

Shazaam will creepily try to date girls at his school... as Shazaam.

Hawkguy and Hawkwoman will go through such a tumultuous relationship with breaks ups, divorces, reconciliations, etc..

The list goes on.

ReiGun

So I guess CW is changing their desired demograph

They have been for a while. Look at the channel now and it's full of genre shows. Given that two of the channels biggest shows have been DC comics properties (Smallville and Arrow), makes sense they'd want more.

Martian Manhunter/Supergirl shipping

Welcome to the New Age

Batman's peak human physical capabilities can't stop the power that is Wonder Woman from breaking his face and hip from different positions. At least it was a life worth living.

Robin will have so many Batgirls to choose from.

Aquaman will be bisexual.

Cyborg will moonlight as a phone sex operator or OKCupid catfish account.

Shazaam will creepily try to date girls at his school... as Shazaam.

Hawkguy and Hawkwoman will go through such a tumultuous relationship with breaks ups, divorces, reconciliations, etc..

The list goes on.

Lmao can this get any worse

Does Nightwing have enough of his own rogues gallery for his own show without going into Bat territory?

Not really. I think Zatanna is a good candidate, though.

Does Nightwing have enough of his own rogues gallery for his own show without going into Bat territory?
Not unless they just used him to bounce around the entire DC universe.
Though if Deathstroke is any one person's villain its Nightwing.

(not Titans)Nightwing would work best as a buddy show,
team up with Batgirl for a few episodes, team up with Red Arrow, hang out with Starfire.
maybe have Red Hood as his Nemesis for a while.

As much as I love her, can anyone else imagine how ridiculous it would look for someone in her comic book get-up to show up to foil a bank robbery. Also I think hearing all the reverse words in her spells would get grating, versus seeing it printed and being able to unravel what she says slowly.

As much as I love her, can anyone else imagine how ridiculous it would look for someone in her comic book get-up to show up to foil a bank robbery. Also I think hearing all the reverse words in her spells would get grating, versus seeing it printed and being able to unravel what she says slowly.

Nah. Just go for the Supernatural demo which would eat that up.

Honestly though something I think would make an interesting Arrow companion series/spinoff
247px-Blackbat.png

that at least for the first season or 2 would focus on the League of Assassins.
Ra's, Nyssa, Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain etc.
Cheshire and then carry her over to Arrow.
Canary flashbacks.

Actually a Zatanna show would probably suck. I don´t think it can translate well into a live action show.

Maybe a Static and crew show. I did not know about them until YJ show, but i think they could be very interesting.

So is Teen Titan live action show happening?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Actually a Zatanna show would probably suck. I don´t think it can translate well into a live action show.

Maybe a Static and crew show. I did not know about them until YJ show, but i think they could be very interesting.

So is Teen Titan live action show happening?

yup. and Supergirl

neoanarch

GET IT DONE.

I want Dr. Fate showing up from time to time, too.

I was coming in here to slate CW for flooding the airwaves... but a Zatanna show would make me swoon so hard.

You can see Fates helmet in the Constantine pilot. Its just a minor easter egg but its there.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Free ideas:

1) The Question. Genre: Detective-Romance.

2) Grayson (based off the current arc of Dick being forced to give up the Nightwing persona and become a secret agent). Genre: Spy-Romance.

3) The Martian (Martian Manhunter doing literally anything, DC. I know you don't have the guts to use him on the big screen.) Genre: Mind-"Romance."

DeathyBoy

Banned
Bruce Wayne was also on the island

OLIVER: I wasn't the only billionaire on the island.
DIGGLE: Oliver, I'm getting tired of you conveniently revealing more information about this island that you neglected to tell us. What next, sentient chimps?
OLIVER: Detective Chimp helped me find the Rock of Eternity.
DIGGLE: Fuck this shit!

Remember, CW is also doing Hourman and The Avenger, but I dunno if they'll tie into the Arrowverse.

The Avenger will have a female lead that can shift-shape and is seeking revenge against her parents' killers. Hourman is about a dude who can take a pill and like... time travel back an hour? See an hour into the future? I'm unsure. Hourman is a DC character though.

its going to be Suicide Squad

arrow-deadshot-post.jpg

deadshot as the lead , loved the actor that played him in arrow

I'd fucking love that. Deathstroke and Deadshot teaming up, causing havoc, and slowly inching their way to redemption amongst all the blood and death. I think they could still do a crazy baller action series even on CW.

Honestly though something I think would make an interesting Arrow companion series/spinoff
247px-Blackbat.png

that at least for the first season or 2 would focus on the League of Assassins.
Ra's, Nyssa, Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain etc.
Cheshire and then carry her over to Arrow.
Canary flashbacks.

This would be fantastic. I could also see it being a spin-off of the Supergirl show.

She'd fit really well into the Arrowverse, and it'd give us much needed diversity in the superhero world.

The Question would also definitely make for a great mystery show.

Or something I've been shouting since Season 1:

sandman_low.jpg

OLIVER: I wasn't the only billionaire on the island.
DIGGLE: Oliver, I'm getting tired of you conveniently revealing more information about this island that you neglected to tell us. What next, sentient chimps?
OLIVER: Detective Chimp helped me find the Rock of Eternity.
DIGGLE: Fuck this shit!

Ha!

yup. and Supergirl
Yes.
I am intrigues about Supergirl. I wonder how will she exist in a world without Superman, and what kind of villains will she be fighting.
Probably but on TNT
thought it is worth noting that CW was trying to develop a Young Justice series late last year as well(which we don't know if it was dropped, still in development or ever seriously pursued).

I want a live action TT and a cartoon TT. Yeah i am greedy. Hell i want a show to be about Slade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom