• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW President implies that there are more Arrow/Flash spin-offs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Birds of Prey was ahead of its time.

They really need to bring it back.

Yes please.

How amazing is it that there's the potential for Diggle AND Felicity to spin-off to their own shows? Diggle'd be a great fit for Suicide Squad (reluctant team manager ala Steve Trevor), and Felicity'd be perfect as the Oracle figure in BOP.

This is shaping up to be the greatest superhero cinematic universe ever in terms of world building. Not to bash on Marvel, who rock big budget films, but something like Iron Man 2 would've worked much better as a full-blown TV season than a film. And with the possibility of The Atom/Firestorm shows (I guarantee those are being considered.)

... well...

DC wins!

EDIT - I also really want someone to say 'who is Ray Al Ghoul?' at some point. And kinda wish they'd cast a typical all American blonde haired jock to play the role.

Huntress and Black Canary are birds of prey? Sounds interesting but both of them are in Arrow. I want a show about Huntress, she is psycho and that is very appealing lol. It also will remind me about Double Date episode in JLU.

Huntress and Black Canary are birds of prey? Sounds interesting but both of them are in Arrow. I want a show about Huntress, she is psycho and that is very appealing lol. It also will remind me about Double Date episode in JLU.
Her being a cop killer wasn't interesting, its the one major failure Arrow has had so far.

Agreed. Does not sit right with me. There's no coming back from that.

Them possibly putting her in the Suicide Squad could be really interesting but still she just isn't Huntress.

She was interesting because she took it to far even by Batman's standards,
having her kill cops instantly took any depth from the character.

Them possibly putting her in the Suicide Squad could be really interesting but still she just isn't Huntress.

They can always redeem her character, but yeah, it will be very hard.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dustin Clare as Aquaman. Just do it CW.

gannicus-returns-to-spartacus-vengeance-and-other-tv-to-rage-about-tonight.jpg

And please think about making some summer miniseries [Suicide Squad for example], the wait between Arrow seasons is killing me.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Well, by Oliver's standards she took it too far.

Batman wouldn't kill. Oliver killed if he had to. Helena in Arrow was more reckless than Oliver and killed anyone who got in her way. Different from her comic-book version by necessity.

Chariot

Well, by Oliver's standards she took it too far.

Batman wouldn't kill. Oliver killed if he had to. Helena in Arrow was more reckless than Oliver and killed anyone who got in her way. Different from her comic-book version by necessity.
Wasn't Prometheus his first intentional kill and had huge repercussions, both from his friends from the Justice League and his own consciousness?

Faiz

Suicide Squad.

Yeah, that would be the best way to being her into another series. I just can't get behind her in a Birds of Prey show. She just isn't THAT huntress.

Not that Sarah is THAT Black Canary, either, but I think she'd work in a way this Helena wouldn't.

Wiktor

As always when this topic comes up, I pledge my vote to Azrael
Azrael_Jean-Paul_Valley_0002.jpg

He's perfect for this and would make a great companion to Flash and Arrow. Since Arrow got lighter and ligher while Oliver slips into GA persona Azrael could occupy the dark part of the universe, darker than even Arrow when it started, altough of course spiced with dark humor.

Powe wise he would be pretty much at mirakuru level of powers, which would put him nicely between Arrow and Flash.

Plus him being part of big murderous organization would make for a very different types of storylines, not to mention Jean Paul Valley is mentally ill.

Suicide Squad and Zatanna would own too, but I doubt those are on the table. I think NBC has monopoly on occult DC, so if there will be Zatanna show expect it to spin off from Constantine, not Arrow. And Suicide Squad is supposed to be getting a movie, so that might dampen the chances for a show, at least for now.

Deathstroke/Suicide Squad spin off seems most likely, everyone loved the episodes and manu bennett.

One show will probably be a female lead, so Birds of Prey?

The last show will undoubtedly be about Black Adam overthrowing his corrupt government to become the Ruler of Khandaq. Essentially guaranteed since they already name dropped Khandaq!

_Ryo_

Maybe in time the CW can be the channel I've always wanted where a network has its very own shared universe across shows and every show is set in the same universe and could potentially have crossovers regardless the show.

Think of Marvel's Ultimate universe, in TV form. Would be amazing.

Clevinger

Arrow's Suicide Squad blows. They couldn't even make one good episode, I dunno how they'd make a whole series out of it.

They should pick a female superhero to finish off CW's version of the trinity.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Suicide Squad would be amazing, and could conceivably even get some decent cross promotion with other media (WB were considering a movie, and there was a rumour montpellier were working on a game in the Arkham universe). I do think it would be difficult to make a show out of it though if Waller remained the asshole she is in Arrow. They could make it more interesting by having her grow more loyal to the team, and having some members go more towards redemption than others. I think viewers would find themselves rooting for characters being able to leave her shackles.

With Brandon Routh confirming
the Atom will have a suit, new design - could this be a signal that he's venturing back in to super hero territory too
? Miracuru super soldiers have pushed the bounds on Arrow, but up until Barry Allen - whose full transformation occurs in his own pilot episode of The Flash - we've not really seen anyone with 'proper' super powers. Are we getting a grounded Ray Palmer or a set up for him to appear on The Flash or his own show?

It'd be kind of cool if the spin off they're talking about is something none of us are really thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom