• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 just got a mod that enables dynamic NPC reactions | Your clothes, driving, and even your past quest choices will now matter

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's starting to look like an RPG!

166269.jpg

Downloading link

Modder ‘MisterChedda’ has released a must-have mod for Cyberpunk 2077 that aims to overhaul the behavior of all gangs, crowds and NPCs. This mod will make the NPCs behave more realistic, and they will now have dynamic reactions depending on your clothes, driving, and even your past quest choices.

Going into more details, NPCs will now jump out of the way if you honk at them while driving on the sidewalk. Other drivers will sometimes honk back and make comments if you honk at them. If you’re driving drunk, the police will notice you quickly, but they won’t start a fight unless you cause trouble.

Most NPCs will now react if they see a naked V, except for some, like homeless or poor NPCs. When they see you, they might make comments or walk away.
The police and gang NPCs will notice you quickly, but they won’t start a fight unless you cause trouble. Also, the level of your cyberware will affect how NPCs react to your nudity.

And there is more: NPCs will now run away in fear when you have 4 or more wanted stars. And, repeatedly bumping into walking NCPD officers or Barghest soldiers can provoke combat.
NPCs will now react to your clothes based on gang or corpo affiliations. Wearing gang clothes will make it harder for their allies to notice you but easier for their rivals to spot you. Driving gang-affiliated vehicles will also affect how quickly rival and ally gangs detect you.

As said, your past quest choices will also have an effect on the game’s gangs. As such, they may provoke or directly engage in combat based on your past quest choices. Gangs also trigger combat mode directly when facing them in courier/vehicle contract missions.
And that’s not all. NPCs become aware if you persistently follow them. Civilians may also run away if you creep them out enough.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Is there a robo cock mod?
Basically that my dick behaves like inspector gadget?

So magically 2 handles appear out of my dick and giant rotor blades so i can fly away in the night sky

Last edited:

Roni

Well, there it is. This isn't the first and probably won't be the last for years to come... The foundation CDPR laid out is excellent, all it really needs is these small nudges towards something immersive and simulation-like. This game has STALKER/Skyrim levels of modding potential.

Last edited:
Now THIS is the kinda shit I been waitin for!

Tried to beat this game twice but it's so obvious it could be so much more!

I'll come back after I finish my modded BG3 playthrough 😈

It's just some changes in detection rate and slightly different reactions to certain circumstances. Some interesting elements but nothing gaming changing.
Depends how much you're into immersion. These days that's all I look for in an RPG. The gaming systems don't interest me in this genre.

Guilty_AI

Depends how much you're into immersion. These days that's all I look for in an RPG. The gaming systems don't interest me in this genre.
From the description of the mod, i think this actually takes away from immersion. All of the reactions are based on modern standards rather than dystopic cyberpunk land.

Like, reacting to your naked character? There are half-clothed people everywhere, there's no such thing as a sense of modesty in this world. Being afraid of someone openly carrying weapons? Did this person even play the game? You can literally buy guns from a vending machine. The most hilarious addition is the NCPD reacting to you drunk driving, the law enforcement in this world doesn't give a crap about this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

While I'm barely into Cyberpunk 2077 (I think last I played was February), this mod seems very interesting and something I will want to play with after finishing all of the main content.

Top Bottom