• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just played about 5 hours straight. Absolutely amazing so far, but not perfect. Ran into some graphical glitches, mainly collision related on objects in the environment but nothing game breaking. Only major disappointment I can say I have is with the soundtrack. Haven't found a track playing on the radio stations that I've really liked.

Peroroncino

I'm technically at work, but working is the last fucking thing on my mind right now.

I really want to dig in already. Ehhh... guess I'll listen some more to this B A N G E R

Starfield

Just played about 5 hours straight. Absolutely amazing so far, but not perfect. Ran into some graphical glitches, mainly collision related on objects in the environment but nothing game breaking. Only major disappointment I can say I have is with the soundtrack. Haven't found a track playing on the radio stations that I've really liked.
lol

out of ALL the things in this game you dont like the SOUNDTRACK??? I'm curious in your taste of music now

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hadn’t heard from Amazon so I cancelled and pre ordered digitally to play ASAP. Now 40GB in and should be done w preload in an hour. Bless you AT&T Fiber!

Some pic from Photomode (it's really advanced, but it does not change anything when it comes to IQ)
43bf424c-14ab-48e9-92j2jhc.png

Damn, those signs/billboards on the left...

djinferno807

Neo Member
The epilepsy warning will be incorporated today, now that additional info has come out. As for CDPR’s official stance on diversity & inclusion, it’s on the OT.

Let’s talk about the game.

I honestly thought they were being sarcastic. Lol making fun of the typical resetera thread.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So, I am downloading the game right now on PS5. It's 101 GB. Is that with the Day 1 patch included or do I have to download that one right after?

DanEON

I could listen to these guys waxing lyrical about what a technological marvel this game is all day - and I might have to, because I can only start playing at fucking 2am.

Man - they're saying CDPR actually undersold how impressive the visuals are on pc and how incredible the open world is.
I cant watch it now, but do they talk about dlss? How does it look in Performance mode?

Nymphae

Banned
Yeah I'm cancelling my pre-order tonight, no use in sitting on a PS4 game for an unknown number of months when I can either get a PS5 or cheaper version later. I have so much shit to play right now anyway. Exited for when I finally get to sit down with this though, it looks killer.

If you want a slide show quality.

If not performance I dont even know why they added it in, its basically the same as valhalla

So it is the same in Valhalla? I can't really spot any discernible difference in quality between 30 and 60 fps modes in that game, except the framerate obviously.

Forsythia

On my 4K tv it's really blurry, I'm going to try it on my 4k pc monitor (which is a lot smaller), that sure would help with the blurriness, right?

And is there any way to edit your character? I really really hate it when rpg's won't let you edit characters afterwards. It even makes sense in the Cyberpunk setting.

Performance Mode on Series X we go then, if i had a better PC with a RTX 30 series card and new CPU i would go there, but i have a i7 from 2015, GTX 1080 from 2016, motherboard from 2013 so yeah it's not really the best PC for this game i think.

Last edited:

Lister

Banned
Performance Mode on Series X we go then, if i had a better PC with a RTX 30 series card and new CPU i would go there, but i have a i7 from 2015, GTX 1080 from 2016, motherboard from 2013 so yeah it's not really the best PC for this game i think.

Consoles are stuck at base console settings though. You will have a ton more flexibility with your 1080.

zwiggelbig

So its almost 8 pm here. I have to sleep around 12, work from 7 to 10 and then I'm going straiight to the store to buy it, spend all day playing it and posting in the OT with you all :D
I love playing games like these at release and be in the OT posts. Lots of other games I play much later after release coz they are much cheaper or I can buy it second handedly and re sell for same price haha

djinferno807

Neo Member
So it is the same in Valhalla? I can't really spot any discernible difference in quality between 30 and 60 fps modes in that game, except the framerate obviously.
What are you 2 going on about? Valhalla had a massive difference in performance vs quality. It's a native 4K I'm quality vs the upscaled 1440/1600p in performance. It's very noticeable. Unless you're playing on some potato, the difference is there.

Lister

Banned
Consoles are stuck at base console settings though. You will have a ton more flexibility with your 1080.

Next year when the next gen patch hits, and assuming you don't upgrade your pc. Then yeah the series x will be the way to go.

Next year when the next gen patch hits, and assuming you don't upgrade your pc. Then yeah the series x will be the way to go.

I will 100% replay the game again when that patch is out too, while i probably already have replayed the game at least once or twice before that too.

djinferno807

Neo Member
So the Day one patch is not live yet actually? Because that would be a 40GB patch if I am not mistaken?
I dunno, according to cdpr on twitter, the day 0 patch is the day 1 patch and it's already included. This is so confusing since another cdpr member told us yesterday they were different patches.

What a dumpster fire of a launch when it comes to what is what lol.

What are you 2 going on about? Valhalla had a massive difference in performance vs quality. It's a native 4K I'm quality vs the upscaled 1440/1600p in performance. It's very noticeable. Unless you're playing on some potato, the difference is there.

Eh maybe it was bit higher resolution but i am bad at really seeing difference between native 4K and dynamic resolutions with TAA doing work.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I tried both modes on the Series X. Quality gives a minor bump in resolution but it is barely noticable. Normally I play games with graphics mode, but I am going to stick with performance here since the frame rate boost is better then the very minor resolution bump.

G-Bus

Banned
So the Day one patch is not live yet actually? Because that would be a 40GB patch if I am not mistaken?

Not at home to check but I think I read the final size is around 110G. Might be wrong about this though.

Original game was around 60. Another patch at 40 and the one more?

amigastar

I've read somewhere that there is a little download of about 2-3gigs on Steam additionally.
Here it is:

Last edited:

sinnergy

Holy shit, it has all the ray-tracing stuff needed on PC .. GI, REFELCTIONS, SHADOWS, EMMISIVE and AO. wtf ... the future is here!

Wonder how it stacks up against Control, but looks like CDPR owned Remedy in the RT department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom