• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

Fuck it. Changed my timezone. I'm jacked in, baby!

eta- this only works on xbox. sorry for confusion.

Last edited:

djinferno807

Neo Member
They sure are, and no I am not :)

desktopscreenshot2020upkl2.png

Jesus Christ man. No offence but why on earth do you need thatany games installed at once? Your desktop is giving me PTSD. If I hadn't just been banned form resetera , I'd be posting about it there about how it's offensive.

Tg89

Trying to decide between playing this on my PS5 or my laptop....1660ti, 16gb, i7-9750H.

I'd imagine they'll be fairly close at the moment? With PS5 pulling ahead when a proper next gen patch hits?

Next-gen console players. Is there a FOV slider option? I'm playing on Xbox One X in anticipation of the PC version and the FOV is so narrow it can give you claustrophobia.

allymonty

Neo Member
Played about 3 hours on One X so far today. First impressions are the city looks fantastic, it feels massive and looking up at the height of the skyscrapers it really is beautiful. The performance is horrendous though, its fully crashed to the xbox dashboard once and frozen and came back to life about 4 or 5 times as well. Very rocky frame rates as well. I used the New Zealand trick to get in today so I'm hoping the day one patch tomorrow will sort some of this stuff. Lots of fun overall.

Played about 3 hours on One X so far today. First impressions are the city looks fantastic, it feels massive and looking up at the height of the skyscrapers it really is beautiful. The performance is horrendous though, its fully crashed to the xbox dashboard once and frozen and came back to life about 4 or 5 times as well. Very rocky frame rates as well. I used the New Zealand trick to get in today so I'm hoping the day one patch tomorrow will sort some of this stuff. Lots of fun overall.
Bad news: you're playing with day 1 patch. That's it.

Can you turn off film grain and chromatic aberration on console? There are some games on console that offer this and on pc you can.
You can do it on console as well.

Last edited:

norm9

Can you turn off film grain and chromatic aberration on console? There are some games on console that offer this and on pc you can.
film grain, chromatic aberration, depth of field, lens flare, and motion blur are in the settings.

eta- do you think turning these off might improve performance?

Last edited:
Allow me to talk about the most unpolished part of the game that I experienced thus far. There are kids in the game. When you enter the car, all kid NPCs magically disappear. If you park where these kid NPCs were standing before and exit the car, character models will magically appear and clip through your car. Because the button to enter to the car is the same as to trigger a one-liner conversation, I couldn't get back in my car.

I had to re-start from the last save.

Oh, and in one of the on-rail shooting from your car sequence I couldn't use my gun. I'm playing on the very hard and I survived without shooting a single bullet. The lesson is: don't waste your ammo.

Oh, and once I reached my destination and I couldn't get out of the car. I had to restart.

I was supposed to burn the city but I want to burn my Xbox instead.

Cyberpunk 2077? More like Cyberpunk 2076.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So I've set my PC to New Zealand, I'm on GOG, even tried to use a VPN from New Zealand. No good, still get the message to go back to sleep. Any tips?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is there definitely another patch coming tomorrow?

Yes. I imagine several patches are going to be coming in the next few weeks.

So I've set my PC to New Zealand, I'm on GOG, even tried to use a VPN from New Zealand. No good, still get the message to go back to sleep. Any tips?

This only works for XBOX for this game: SONY ties release to your purchase location and the PC version is releasing at 7PM/EST for all storefronts.

. . .however, in general this does indeed work for PC releases (UBI games for example) that have local release times.

Last edited:

Aja

Neo Member
Sounds like an legit tip. Can't pre-play it on PC that way just consoles so... go back to sleep ;)

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I have been watching CohhCarnage on Twitch majority of the morning, I must say I'm very pleased with the game so far. I'm probably going to relax now until I get my hands on a copy myself to avoid any major spoilers, but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what I've seen. The game is everything I wanted it to be, and more. I'm getting heavy Deus Ex-ey vibes from it. The combat also looks far better than I was expecting. I'm probably not going to go Corpo for my first playthrough. Feel like a lot of streamers have been going that route, and the general playerbase will too. Probably Nomad or Street Kid, Nomad is appealing to me more right now.

I just am absolutely chuffed with this game. I know it will get its fair share of detractors like with any big release, but I'm totally loving it. I just really can't wait until I can afford it. It's basically a new Deus Ex release for me on a bigger scale, and that's all I could ask for.

Night City looks incredible. When I was watching Cohh, and seeing the City, and man, the blade runner vibes and everything. Got literal goosebumps. It's such an impressive sight. The level of detail they put in to it.

On that note, I'm probably going to bow out of this thread until I can afford it myself. Have fun guys, I'm sure the game will be worth it!

• Strength
Reactions: KO7

Burger

PS5 version is okay. But it's pretty clearly the PS4 version cranked up. Lighting work is... limited by the PS4 unfortunately. Barely any glitches, seems fine. Some areas look amazing, some less so.

Going to park this version for now and play on PC.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Pxlv1kD.png

Feeling generous - Have at it you bastards.

Luckily my girlfriend bought me a copy and this code is free to a good home.

This is a PC GOG code.
Very generous. Hard to read though ;)
I've got RQ[MNW]9E51DF546[D0O]E8F6C
Tried all permutations, captcha hell ensued, no hit. It's already taken, right?

Edit: Oh I see, it's been redeemed already. What was it?

Edit: The third's an H? Fuck you :D

Last edited:

Denton

Jesus Christ man. No offence but why on earth do you need thatany games installed at once? Your desktop is giving me PTSD. If I hadn't just been banned form resetera , I'd be posting about it there about how it's offensive.
I recently bought 2TB SSD (in addition to my 500GB nvme and old 120GB crucial). So I decided to install all my favourite classics, plus all games I intend to at least try. Because I can! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom