• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Xbox One X. The biggest torture is navigating menus with that pseudo-cursor. Whoever thought that this is a good idea... well, I don't like him/her.

Also... the bugs. Oh, the bugs. NPCs talk to you without moving their mouth, weird collision and item psychics. I was peeking around the garage and one of the boxes just started flying around. I recently played Prey so I freaked out that it might be a mimic. :messenger_grinning_sweat: You jump off the cliff and hit run your character's shadow will have falling animation long after you are on the ground and running in a straight line. Cop's car just outside of the garage is not a car, it's a static object that can't be moved. That's just in like 5 meters radius from the starting area.

The biggest disappointment thus far is the physic engine. It seems to be very, very limited and glitched.
What do you mean with limited physics engine??

Last edited:

RoyBatty

Banned
image0.jpg

mr.dilya

Banned
So what’s the best way to play on PC in your opinion?

I usually ply FPS with mouse and kb but idk how that’s gonna work with driving.

So what’s the best way to play on PC in your opinion?

I usually ply FPS with mouse and kb but idk how that’s gonna work with driving.
I normally have a Xbox controller I swap to for driving in games like this but not all games support seamless swapping between keyboard & mouse and controller (sometimes forces you to toggle in a menu which is no good) - hopefully this one does.

djinferno807

Neo Member

It's weird, you have the fidelity CAS option under res scaling but someone else here with the PC version didn't. Afaik , it's open to Nvidia and AMD no? It's not GPU specific. I wonder how much of an oil painting effect we'd get from layering that on top of dlss.

djinferno807

Neo Member
And some people thought that this game would beat rdr2 in term of interaction and micro-details, fucking lol :lollipop_squinting:

Ya it's not hard to include micro details when your open world is half empty and not dense. Not saying that in a negative way but you can't compare that without understanding that part. Also people forget how low res and low settings it ran on consoles. Unfortunately. PC was a monster at 4K though.

THEAP99

Banned
It's literally day one. Streamers are playing the game, people in the Netherlands are getting it, etc.. the day one patch is out. And as expected, it didn't magically fix every issue.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
It's a dolby Atmos game, make sure you switch that on, since it was made with that, it'll sound even better than usual.
Didn’t know it supports Dolby atmos but I already had it on. No wonder it sounds so damn good

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone register on GOG to get the in game benefits mentioned on the menu screen?

it worth the trouble of registering for it?

Okay so I’ve been playing on X1X for some hours now. Not going to continue, will wait for PC release.

I went Nomad. Male V.

Some thoughts:

The game is fucking magnificent.The scale is huge.

So blurry I had a little headache. Pop-ins are frequent, that’s because HDD if you play on old gen have an SSD please.

Again the point above. Please don’t expect PC quality. Keep your expectations in check and you won’t be disappointed. The world is dense it’s not RDR2 wildlife. That was R* magic + tons of open places, mostly mountains and greens.
Keep in mindRes is low and some filler textures are bad.

Very detailed. It may take a while to load but there’s too much detail. Really overwhelming. in a good way.

The soul of CDPR games is still here and it shines brightly.

This game will keep me busy for some time. I’m satisfied.

@ GaviotaGrande GaviotaGrande Broski did you encounter this bug too? Not so sure if it’s a big or not honestly. Asking you since you played on one x too
When you were in Badlands at the start. Did your car radio play any music or radio? There were some tiny subtitles from a host, talking about NC history and such for me but the their voice want there. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom