• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for 2 hours now.

I like what I've played so far, even though am still far away from the game actually opening up.

Only issue I have is spotty performance on PS5 in very crowded areas, the soft image quality and some textures for the in-game ads could be a lot higher res (especially the vending machines). This needs a 30fps cap on PS5 and resolution pushed up much higher. It definitely looks good enough to be played this way.

Feel bad for base console owners.

Superkewl

I double dipped and got the game on both series X and stadia, and to my surprise, the stadia version is better than the series X. higher res textures and better lighting. think I will continue with the stadia version, at least till the next gen patch comes out.

I double dipped and got the game on both series X and stadia, and to my surprise, the stadia version is better than the series X. higher res textures and better lighting. think I will continue with the stadia version, at least till the next gen patch comes out.
hmm i distinctly remember saying last week that Stadia would perform better than current gen consoles and i got laughed at.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
RT reflections are not only more accurate, they catch objects off camera that screen space reflections can't see, and RT lighting bleeds over the scene and makes it look more cohesive...
RT-COMP.jpg

Last edited:
RT reflections are not only more accurate, they catch object off camera that screen space reflections can't see, and RT lighting bleeds over the scene and makes it look more cohesive...
RT-COMP.jpg
yeah it's better but i'll take the SSR because then the game doesn't crash constantly. maybe once they patch the game i'll turn RTX back on.

Superkewl

hmm i distinctly remember saying last week that Stadia would perform better than current gen consoles and i got laughed at.

Don't think I laughed at you. I did comment that I heard it was the same as the console version, but apparently I was wrong. it's really good on stadia. keep in mind, I am playing a PC with a wired ethernet, with a wired controller, so no latency complaints.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So many bugs. Played 2-3 hours this morning, evidently my car is a hover vehicle, its wheels hardly ever touch the ground.

Don't think I laughed at you. I did comment that I heard it was the same as the console version, but apparently I was wrong. it's really good on stadia. keep in mind, I am playing a PC with a wired ethernet, with a wired controller, so no latency complaints.
not you personally lol.

i was gonna play it on stadia/geforce now if my PC wasn't up to it but it is running great.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
yeah it's better but i'll take the SSR because then the game doesn't crash constantly. maybe once they patch the game i'll turn RTX back on.
Sounds shitty. What are you running for GPU? I haven't had any crashes yet from gameplay. First time I ran the game it crashed out from the menu. Only crash so far. I have it running with RT in the background while I type and upload and it's still stable. Have you tried uninstalling the game, rolling the display driver back, then reinstalling? I've been fucked hard before by "game ready drivers". A driver that was supposed to improve DOOM Eternal made it crash and burn every time. Had to do that rollback cycle.

Last edited:

nowhat

Comparing the pre-release footage vs. actually playing this on a Pro is like remembering how Mario 64 used to look like vs. actually playing Mario 64.

Reactions: B23

GHG

eh, 8 hours in. only encountered 1 bug so far on PC.

Came across the characters standing still with their arms out bug literally the first time I got control in the corpo starting area.

Also had characters NPC's clipping through stairs and not opening their mouths when talking to you.

Then there's the fact that you can stand in the middle of the road and jump in cars but yet not a single NPC driver reacts.

So far my impression of the game world is that its just window dressing at this point. Looks nice though.

Kimahri

Banned
How many threads do we really need for this game? I just browsed the gaming section and it's bascially all CP. I mean, fine, people like it, but I don't care, so I opened every thread in a seperate tab since I'm just gonna put them all on ignore, and it's a total of 12, just on the front page.

Shit is ridiculous :D

I'm sure at least half of those could easily just go in the OT.

Brute

Yeah this is bad on Series X. I can’t get past how awful it looks. I’m gonna wait until next gen patch next year and all this shit is fixed.

• Triggered
Reactions: KO7

TTOOLL

told people that CDPR were primarily a PC studio but nobody listened.

buying this for last gen PS4/XB1 makes no sense. either buy for PC or wait until you get a PS5/XSX. if you have a current gen console then might still be worth holding off.

Definitely. I 100% sure my PS4pro can't handle this. I'll wait and play the real PS5 version in the future. It's understandable.

Actually, I just saw Linus running it on medium @4k and not hitting 60fps... it's crazy.

Sounds shitty. What are you running for GPU? I haven't had any crashes yet from gameplay. First time I ran the game it crashed out from the menu. Only crash so far. I have it running with RT in the background while I type and upload and it's still stable. Have you tried uninstalling the game, rolling the display driver back, then reinstalling? I've been fucked hard before by "game ready drivers". A driver that was supposed to improve DOOM Eternal made it crash and burn every time. Had to do that rollback cycle.
rtx 2080. i was at the point where you meet jackie before going into the maelstrom hideout. i just turned on RTX to try it out and it crashed when i was talking to him. crashed again when i loaded back up. then crashed a 3rd time. turned of RTX and game is running great.

i done a clean install of the drivers and ran verify on the game. i can't be arsed uninstalling the game and downloading again. i'll just run without RTX.

Freeman76

How many threads do we really need for this game? I just browsed the gaming section and it's bascially all CP. I mean, fine, people like it, but I don't care, so I opened every thread in a seperate tab since I'm just gonna put them all on ignore, and it's a total of 12, just on the front page.

Shit is ridiculous :D

I'm sure at least half of those could easily just go in the OT.

Pop over to Era. They have none 😂

the game was telling me about equipping grenades and it seemed to show it as some kind of quick action "wheel" but i can't figure out how to do that? it doesn't tell you what to do. i'm having to go into the inventory to swap grenades and just press mouse button to use it. i want to be able to swap between different grenades/inhalers quickly without having to go into the menu.

danowat

Banned
the game was telling me about equipping grenades and it seemed to show it as some kind of quick action "wheel" but i can't figure out how to do that? it doesn't tell you what to do. i'm having to go into the inventory to swap grenades and just press mouse button to use it. i want to be able to swap between different grenades/inhalers quickly without having to go into the menu.
Hold down the weapon swap button.

on PC it's actually a little annoying how many NPCs there are in certain areas.

Night City is actually insane. It's crazy how far CDPR have improved their engine. I remember going through Novigrad and it was a stutterfest. Compared to Night City that's just a tiny little village with very small population. From them to go from that to Night City which, for me so far, has no hitches or framedrops is just mind blowing. There is just so much going on it's a sensory overload.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Went through a couple of analyses regarding performance on various platforms.

From what I'm seeing, I'd suggest to not play it at all on PS4 / XBOX One; PS5 / XBX seems OK; but it's PC all the way if you want to go at it now.

I wouldn't count on PS4 / XBOX One getting patched to greatness. Not impossible, sure.

Anyone who's bought it for the old platforms should seriously consider a refund if he's not intending to upgrade, I think.

For PS5 / XBX, since those versions seem playable, I don't think you need to refund.

Now, for PC -- it's not a 100% recommendation there either. The specs are high to get it running great, from what I'm seeing in the wild. But this'll improve with patches surely.
I'm still not sure about how much the game's CPU-bound, specifically; I really want to know this.

Trunim

Spent two hours in the creation menu. Chose corpo lifepath but I'm not sure I'm feeling the story. Thinking of taking the nomad path instead, corpo feels like you're playing a character that's already been through a decent amount of playtime, hard to explain. It feels like you just joined a game halfway through. Maybe nomad will feel more like a "start"?

mitchman

Gold Member
i had to go back to a previous save to try a different approach for the flathead mission. i just couldn't GTFO of that food factory. guns were doing little damage and fucking hacker was overheating me. i used the militech woman and got out quite easy.

still feeling incredibly overwhelmed with everything there is to do in the game. never played anything like this. makes Witcher 3 look like a kids game.
I shot Joyce, kept the Militech chip and made a run for it. You can pretty much run past most of the enemy encounters if you want.

One issue, how do I get the 10k cash off the decrypted chip now?

Javthusiast

Banned
Haven't gotten my copy yet, but anybody thinking it should have gotten a Halo Infinite type delay to fix all the bugs and make it run well on all platforms?

danowat

Banned
Question about life paths, do they all have a pre-6 months later montage?, the street kid one did and I was sitting there thinking, damn, why couldn't I have done all that cool shit.

MaKTaiL

on PC it's actually a little annoying how many NPCs there are in certain areas.

Night City is actually insane. It's crazy how far CDPR have improved their engine. I remember going through Novigrad and it was a stutterfest. Compared to Night City that's just a tiny little village with very small population. From them to go from that to Night City which, for me so far, has no hitches or framedrops is just mind blowing. There is just so much going on it's a sensory overload.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

scalman

here i go ... nah kidding thats not what look i chose lol . was getting glitches allready in garage bushes and trees appear in garage view , but i was on older nvidia drivers so will try now download new and see again. game for some reason made all ultra without RT of course as default and i went with it. kinda dont like walking slowiness but driving felt ok , still not very smooth. will look some setting that make it more response maybe or more fluid.
im on legion y520 laptop i7 7700HQ with gtx 1060 6gb , 16gb ram, game on hdd.
4G9liGs.jpg

so on 1080p if its all ultra without RT its like not best looking for now. maybe too much motion blur or smt i must look to those settings more. it looks great sure. still need to visit city
playing with DS4 controller. and i found that its moving on its own in menu some.. didint noticed that in other games. like all menu scrolling little on its own , from right analog. thats kinda anoying.
so i dont think so i would get better image then this on PS4 pro. that feels great.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
PS4 here, just started, Street Kid

Game is reaally pushing the PS4 to its limits

Looks good in terms of effects, character models and etc. But image quality? Damn

Must be running at 720p most of the time, I swear to God

Performance was really good so far tho

Textures also look really low resolution

They must be using TAA, which is a good solution, but for a game running in low resolution and with low textures, it agravates things even more. Image is really soft.

Loving the feel of the weapons, stealth also seems smooth. Gameplay in general seems to be really polished compared to other games of the genre (miles better than the Deus Ex games)

Its far from being the best way to experience the game. But I'm sure that I'll have a damn good time
So nothing like that terrible PS4 video floating around with glitches galore?

This contrast or soft pale brightness is getting on my nerve during night time. What happen to the deep blacks ? Or what causes this?

I messed around with in-game settings and TVs but can't find a sweet spot 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom