• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only a couple of hours in on PC and I am blown away at how good it looks, the lighting and characters models are off the charts.

Think it might be the best looking video game ever made at this point which is probably why it runs like shit on anything but a high end PC.

Its has been a very smooth experience with my RTX 3080 at 1440P and gsync.
I’m surprised how good it’s performing. I was expecting worse. I’m at 1440p 60 with everything up except volumetric resolution, contact shadows, and rtx. It’s running great. I might see if I can actually enable rtx

I have a 2080

Last edited by a moderator:
Early in the game I got a prompt for 'hidden gems'. Anyone know what those are? Was it just talking about general loot containers or are they something special?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
It's weird that on GeForce Now free tier they have DLSS available, but not RTX. Maybe that's Founder's/Premium only? Game looks and runs pretty good as usual for GeForce Now. They're probably using the RTX T10-8 GPU for this since it has DLSS support.

Screen from GeForce Now. Running 1080p DLSS(Balanced) Med/High mix with fps mostly 85-100fps in the badlands...
Ge-Force-Now-Cyber1080p.jpg

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wow game does look bad on last gen base console and by extension current gen especially PS5 cause it’s basically just brute forcing the PS4 through BC. They are just far too weak for a game of this size and ambition. Current gen consoles will handle no problem but CDPR need to release dedicated versions because they can only do so much with last gen code.

it’s clear it has been designed for PC first and foremost. IMO, this game should’ve been PC + PS5 + Xbox Series S|X only but they’d be stupid to ignore all the PS4/XB1 owners.

either the game should have been delayed until current gen versions were ready to go OR it was PC exclusive until they were ready. but again money talks and I think CDPR couldn’t afford to delay again.

Lets hope they can sort out last gen versions. My advice would be play it on PC or hold off for true current gen version next year.
Nah. It’s great on PS5. Thanks for the advice though.

Hugare

Does buying a Ps4 version get you a free upgrade to the PS5?
Yes

But honestly, I wouldnt recomend buying it right now to play it on the PS4. Only if you have a PS5, by BC.

It was kinda expected that it would be a mess, since they havent shown footage of base consoles. But its way worse then Ive imagined.

CDPR was really a cunt about not showing footage only in order to not loose sales since the end product is so disapointing on current gen.

I'm seeing quite a lot of people online mad at them for doing something like this.

To me its borderline unplayable. 20 fps in downtown + what seems to be below 720p is just embarassing.

Astorian

For those that chose Nomad, minor early spoiler.

what did you choose when the officer asked you which clan do you belong to? I’m wondering if he still snitches to the cops if you refuse to answer

Played around 3 hours on based PS4. So far, only one glitch encountered in my run. The game is definitely running at 900P, but I have the feeling that it may be dynamic, where it could lower the resolution a bit in heavy sequences. Although, I absolutely recommend turning OFF Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain as some have pointed out, cause it definitely improve the IQ of the game.

The game is looking better than expected graphicwise on PS4. The lightning is top notch, the characters models too, and the atmosphere is stellar. Obviously, we see the same low-graphic quality stuff like low shadows, some rough textures here and there, and LOD & popping, that we see like in 98% of games running on PS4.

Framerate wise mainly stable, playable; there was just one persecution sequence at night under heavy rain where I noticed several dips, my guess around 22 FPS-25 FPS.

imsosleepy

Played around 3 hours on based PS4. So far, only one glitch encountered in my run. The game is definitely running at 900P, but I have the feeling that it may be dynamic, where it could lower the resolution a bit in heavy sequences. Although, I absolutely recommend turning OFF Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain as some have pointed out, cause it definitely improve the IQ of the game.

The game is looking better than expected graphicwise on PS4. The lightning is top notch, the characters models too, and the atmosphere is stellar. Obviously, we see the same low-graphic quality stuff like low shadows, some rough textures here and there, and LOD & popping, that we see like in 98% of games running on PS4.

Framerate wise mainly stable, playable; there was just one persecution sequence at night under heavy rain where I noticed several dips, my guess around 22 FPS-25 FPS.
thanks for the reassurance! Wil get it on base ps4 then in an hour! just got off work :D I cant get my hands on a ps5 and I cant get my hands on a 3000 card either. Wil play it on base ps4 then and just enjoy it and then play it again with next gen patch on ps5 in a year! Even if I had a good pc I rather lay on the couch and playing this on my big 55 inch oled

Dunki

So I could not resist and play a bit last night at 1.....

Man the build up and the world in this game is so dense and is overflowing with atmosphere. You can see that they really created a living world. how it looks, how it feels (Densitiy and population not included)

Can not wait to get home from work to play more

danowat

Banned
Manged to get a couple of hours in on the XSX this morning, graphical, it's passable, but I am not too worried because it's running BC XBX, so the upgarde will improve things, quality mode is unplayable, god knows what the frame rate is on quality, because it's nowhere near 30fps, performance is fairly decent 60fps with a few chugs here and there.
Pleasantly surprised how meaty the combat feels, think I am going to enjoy this, a lot.

John2290

and im annoyed bc im a black guy, and you know how much I could bitch about every stereotypical black character in a game!? lmao How if cyberpunk had a black chick on the cover of it it'd probably get less sales? LMAO

I bet the majority of those reset motherfuckers played fucking san andreas: stereotypical as fuck

i bet the majority of those reset motherfuckers played gears of war and loved Cole train: stereotypical AF

I bet the majority of the motherfuckers played bayonetta, where the token black dude was stereotypical as fuck.

that's just what i could think of right now, feel free to point out more.

I would love to make this point in that forum but I'd get fucking banned with a quickness lol

but fuck those kids, they only notice that shit that affects them.
I'd stay away from it if I were you, nothing good can come towards your mental health and well being from interacting with the portion that are lunatics. I only fell into a small rabbit hole of reading posts the last night after years of just glancing at them in twitter posts and screenshots here and there since they left GAF and a day later I was seeing social and political views in everything. They even have me judging parts of Cyberpunk in the first few hours, it's poison for the mind.

THEAP99

Banned
First impressions from someone playing on ps5:

- the atmosphere of the world is soooooooo good
- main quests seems interesting, went corpo i like jackie he's cool
- game visually has a great art style but looks insanely blurrry and i am experiencing graphical glitches
- solid 60fps until i went outside into the city
- Random NPCs are lifeless
- Great soundtrack

John2290

So far it's ten fold more stable and twice as smooth as TW3 at launch. Not even gonna go near another patch cause this one works so much better on ps4 than the build that the PC streamers and reviewers had there hand on. Only the one bug so far and a slight glitch where a few people popped into existence a second to late and in view. The thing that is annoying me however is the HDR settings, I can't make any adjustments to get them right. You either have to settle for a washed out picture to get brightness or something way to dark to get contrast and colour vibrancy. I hop they fix it, it should be easy as I suspect it's just meshing wrong with the gamma settings, once they add in a gamma slider while HDR is active it should be easily worked out.

John2290

The thing is that they are getting what they want (full acceptance) but as they get it it makes them less and less different.

Soon they will have nothing left to fight for, because honestly nobody gives a shit about what anyone else is doing.

People will fuck who they want to fuck and the people fucking them don’t give a shit if they have a massive dong or a hallway sized anus.

Maybe that is what offends them the most, the day they are normal and have nothing left to fight for.
Exactly.

chamber79

Neo Member
Yes

But honestly, I wouldnt recomend buying it right now to play it on the PS4. Only if you have a PS5, by BC.

It was kinda expected that it would be a mess, since they havent shown footage of base consoles. But its way worse then Ive imagined.

CDPR was really a cunt about not showing footage only in order to not loose sales since the end product is so disapointing on current gen.

I'm seeing quite a lot of people online mad at them for doing something like this.

To me its borderline unplayable. 20 fps in downtown + what seems to be below 720p is just embarassing.

I know I preordered the Ps4 version (big mistake) and got it today but I'm having second thoughts about playing it because of all the reported problems on base consoles. I think I might just wait till the actual ps5 Version comes out to play it. I don't have a Ps5 now but I plan to get one in January.

Last edited:

Pantz

I put a little effort in the character creator.
PGpH3xJ.png

Voice tone: Feminine
Skin tone: 1
Skin type: 5
Hairstyle: 12
Hair color: 2
Eyes: 16
Eye color: 4
Eyebrows: 7
Eyebrow color: 4
Nose: 4
Mouth: 6
Jaw: 16
Ears: 6
Cyberware: 4
Facial scars: Off
Facial tattoos: 10
Piercings: 7
Teeth: 0
Eye makeup: 8
Eye makeup color: 4
Lip makeup: 4
Lip makeup color: 8
Cheek makeup:5
Cheek makeup color: 2
Blemishes: 2
Blemish color: 5
Nails: Short
Nail color: 19
Chest: Big
Nipples: 3
Body tattoos: 4
Body scars: Off
Genitals: Vagina
Penis size: Unavailable
Pubic hair style: 1
Pubic hair color: 1

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
For those that chose Nomad, minor early spoiler.

what did you choose when the officer asked you which clan do you belong to? I’m wondering if he still snitches to the cops if you refuse to answer

I said no clan, but I don't think it matters. In the dialogue afterwards, V says the officer "assumed" I had no clan backing me up which isn't what I said. I don't think that dialogue changed anything.

John2290

Anyone got any good HDR settings? That work? I realistically max out at the 1250 mark, every gain past that is very gradual and set paper white to 400 in most games. Trying to figure out if there is a way to get a balance here with the mid tone adjustment without waiting on them to patch in a gamma slider. I've been adjusting the gamma on my TV and it's working but it's still not close to ideal and I either have to gray out the blacks or settle for a fairly dark picture. Anything working for anyone out there? LG OLED, at least at the 1200 nits mark.

EDIT: Found a quick fix, while still not ideal it's the best I got yet. I set the gamma on the non HDR screen to set it up, turned on HDR and put in the best settings I had so far 1250 peak, 300 paper white and 1.25 mid tone. Then I adjusted the gamma on my TV settings and turned the black levels to high in all settings that have them and turned off "dynamic tone mapping", I think the last setting mixed with the higher black levels is what balanced it out. It's still not great, it's a more vibrant and colourful version of SDR with decent luminosity. The blacks are still not deep but it's a start and the contrast is much more smooth over the SDR mode when in dark places. Fingers crossed in plays well in the bright places.

Last edited:

RyRy93

Apparently my PS4 copy is coming today, really debating whether I should play it on my Pro with an SSD or get it on Stadia with the free chromecast ultra and pad.

Apparently it's up to 60fps on Stadia, no idea what the IQ will be like though among other things.

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

Anyone on consoles (I’m on PS4 Pro) have a problem with scrolling?

Not sure if it’s the game or maybe I have a slight drift on my controller.

Whenever I’m hovering over text with scrolling, it doesn’t stay put and keep scrolling up slowly... made the character creation annoying.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Anyone on consoles have a problem with scrolling?

Whenever I’m hovering over a text with scrolling, it doesn’t stay out and keep scrolling up slowly... made the character creation annoying.
The default deadzone settings are quite tight, my elite pad had some drift with the default settings.

Burger

It's a real shame CDPR couldn't land the next gen launch. Sounds like they had a tough time getting it out as it was though so you can't really complain.

GenericUser

Anyone on consoles have a problem with scrolling?

Whenever I’m hovering over a text with scrolling, it doesn’t stay out and keep scrolling up slowly... made the character creation annoying.
Try increasing the deadzone in the options. Stick drift is a problem, that is caused by a too narrow deadzone, increasing it might be a solution for you.

CloudNull

Banned
Did no side quest and took me 5 hours to reach title screen. Holy fuck it’s amazing. I feel for all the people on all the base consoles.

DeaDPo0L84

Okay so I played a few more hours and think I have figured out why I am getting the screen flickering issue. I play on a ultrawide monitor, every time I first load in or die the game puts in a different perspective and I get black bars. I have to go into the video settings, change it back to full screen and then i'm good (or so you'd think). Problem is every time I go into the options menu or character screen it adds the black bars back, but when I go back to playing its full screen again. I can now mimic this issue simply by going into either menu or character screen and backing out, the screen will flicker as if it is lagging terribly, after a few seconds it goes away. For the love of fuck please just make the game fill the screen on a ultrawide panel and not do this flip flop ratio bullshit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Im waiting to play this once my XSX arrives. By then, I am hoping it will have a patch or two under it's belt.

For no logical reason, I have this nagging feeling that MS will be unable to ship my XSX and cancel my order. Eventhough the arrive date was estimated to be Dec. 23rd. I was really hoping it would arrive before that.

I know a lot people who still have base consoles or old pcs aren't happy, but shouldn't we really be glad that CDPR didn't make a game that is well suited to seriously aging hardware? At some point, the industry has to look forward and advance and it seems like that time is now.

I hope the next-gen console upgrades come soon though, because all players deserve to experience this game with these features, and the new consoles are capable of delivering.

In some ways, PC users are in the same boat as consoles. Yeah, I'm going to play the game now, but I'm saving my full 100% do-and-see-everything playthrough for later when the game is in a more stable, patched and improved state.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Playing on PS5?
A few pointers right out of the gate

1) Disable Film Grain in Graphics
2) Disable Chromatic Aberration
3) Enable HDR! It’s under Video and is turned off by default. Game looks WAY better with those three changes.

is HDR broken?

looks washed out on my KS8000 but maybe I don’t gave the right settings

Tschumi

Maybe your delivery driver is an Era member. They're delaying out of protest 😅
Update, the fucker didn't scan the package when it was delivered to my distant ground floor mailbox lol woe is me.. walked past that box like 6 times today

Edit: plus side, box is much bulkier than the standard b'ray case i was expecting, should be pretty good for resale should i ever get to that that~

Last edited by a moderator:

Elog

Borderline fraudulent to release the game on the base consoles. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - CDPR could have a problem if someone choose to move for real on that point.

Relativ9

Playing just finished rescuing tub-girl, the writing seems a bit forced doesn't it? I was really happy with them skipping over the whole "new to the city" shtick by playing the montage but now I've got people saying "you can come collect your payment right away, but i guess home is where you'd much rather be right now"...I get it, they want me lead to to choosing to go home right away but I'd honestly rather have a popup or UI element telling me that, having a character say something so forced is just weird, especially after Jacky just got done telling us how the character wasn't very nurturing and didn't care what we did (the "I'm not your mother just get it done" line).

Other than that seems great, shooting is a bit off, very bullet spongey so far, but then I am playing on Hard so idk.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Borderline fraudulent to release the game on the base consoles. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - CDPR could have a problem if someone choose to move for real on that point.

Can easily see this game sparking the refunds debate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom