• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

cebri.one

What's your malfunction? This isn't the thread for dumping on the game. @EviLore already outlined that a few posts back

Critizing is not dumping. Maybe your malfunction is that you cannot distinguish fair criticism from trolling. Stop trying to shut down users that do the former.

CP released on a pitiful state and delivers far from what was promised.

harmny

Banned
We're probably going to see some impact on the industry as a whole. In this day and age of widespread outrage/victimhood culture, more devs need to take Rockstar approach and show the game only a few months before release: fully feature/content complete and in last stages of optimization.
And CDPR should've been far more precise in explaining some aspects of the game ( some people really went in expecting some kind of reality simulator/sandbox or that lifepaths lead to completely different main characters)
"More hype" isn't worth all the blowback you'll receive later on.

i agree with you but i don't think the problem was that CDPR was not precise enough. the problem was that they announced and showed the game too early and kept hyping it so people stopped listening to the developer and they started thinking whatever they wanted to think.
bethesda is good at this too. they announce skyrim in june to be released in november. they announce fallout 4 in june to be released in october (although they did announce TESVI and starfield 2 years ago but they needed that to win back gamers after the horrible fallout 76 launch)
people only have time to think about the game for a couple of weeks and boom they are playing the game. instead of theorizing about what the game is for years and creating the game they want in their own heads only to then be dissapointed when the end product is not like that.

i mean look at this interview
https://www.vgr.com/cyberpunk-2077-goof-wont-be-gta/

2 years ago they said no this is not gta. this is a story driven experience. and this was 2 years ago. it's not like they said yeah this is GTA prepare for the best sandbox experience of the future and then they cut those features. that didn't stop people from believing the game was gta VI for 2 years.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Console owners are you playing with or with out HDR? at first i did prefer it but now i think it looks better with the slightly muted look. HDR has too much pop for me.

Still don't know if HDR is fixed

Hugare

I'm sad by the game's length

I clocked 25h so far, mainly doing gigs and side jobs (waiting for morr PS4 patches to go deep in main story), but from what I looked online, I'm already at 50% in the main story

I just met Fingers with Judy

To those who have finished the game, am I really at 50%?

scalman

so maybe weapons atachments were removable from start and i was wrong or it appeared with patch but thats cool option. you can find weapon with some atachments and remove them then sell keep atachment or if changin your weapon to better remove them. its needed for start at least when you dont have them a lot.
cool 10hrs , 11lvl 24street , and i still didint took that biochip. and still same 10% remains it does not change in any way from side missions .
now on my second run i know what main missions will be and how i will need to play them as really its not much choices there to play , its mostly one way that is best way, but all those gigs and side stuff i can do with different weapons in different style now as before so those more interesting for me now kinda. made myself some new quickhacks now that i didint had before at all in all game so those stuff that you didint do before are cool still to find out ..those slomo with that epic shotgun so great, could do slo mo one guy then same slowmo continue second guy bam bam .. just great. i said i will do more sword play but i found myself using guns again, now that shotgun specially .. so good as it drops them to ground ... and puts them on fire same time .. so you just wait until they burn alive.. so bad but so good lol

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
Think I had a bug after the "Don't Lost your Mind" quest at Delamine HQ. Left the building from the car garage but then went back in from the roof to grab any stuff I missed. Once I was in, I couldn't get out of the building. I searched every nook and cranny but the building had no exit. That could screw a player over if they don't have multiple save backups. Lucikly I was able to reload a save and continue on.

Mozzarella

I clocked 25h so far, mainly doing gigs and side jobs (waiting for morr PS4 patches to go deep in main story), but from what I looked online, I'm already at 50% in the main story

Yeah around 50% probably 60% too depending on which questline you took.
Act 2 has 3
Judy/Evelyn-Vodoo boys
Takemura-Arasaka
Panam-Andres Hellman

If you complete 1 of those you reach 50%. 2 of those 60%, 3 of those 75%.

Fess

and other thing is that picture on wall...
ujUianZ.png
Ahaha I love the censoring at the top ”there, now it’s PG13 👍
🤣

Kadayi

Banned
Critizing is not dumping. Maybe your malfunction is that you cannot distinguish fair criticism from trolling. Stop trying to shut down users that do the former.

CP released on a pitiful state and delivers far from what was promised.

What criticism? The guy posted a video link without any context. He didn't present any argument. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume English isn't your first language so maybe the word 'dump' (drop) might be lost on you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Hugare

Yeah around 50% probably 60% too depending on which questline you took.
Act 2 has 3
Judy/Evelyn-Vodoo boys
Takemura-Arasaka
Panam-Andres Hellman

If you complete 1 of those you reach 50%. 2 of those 60%, 3 of those 75%.
Fuck, I have to CHOOSE?

I thought that after finishing Judy's questline I would be able to play the others

Shit ..

EDIT: Now I read correctly. Ok, so I'm about 60%.

Damn ... it's really short, after all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I'm at 40 hours, level 30, Street Cred 50 and have still completed just one of the main quest lines in Act 2. Granted, I've been playing on Hard difficulty and doing a ton of side stuff.

Kadayi

Banned
i agree with you but i don't think the problem was that CDPR was not precise enough. the problem was that they announced and showed the game too early and kept hyping it so people stopped listening to the developer and they started thinking whatever they wanted to think.
bethesda is good at this too. they announce skyrim in june to be released in november. they announce fallout 4 in june to be released in october (although they did announce TESVI and starfield 2 years ago but they needed that to win back gamers after the horrible fallout 76 launch)
people only have time to think about the game for a couple of weeks and boom they are playing the game. instead of theorizing about what the game is for years and creating the game they want in their own heads only to then be dissapointed when the end product is not like that.

i mean look at this interview
https://www.vgr.com/cyberpunk-2077-goof-wont-be-gta/

2 years ago they said no this is not gta. this is a story driven experience. and this was 2 years ago. it's not like they said yeah this is GTA prepare for the best sandbox experience of the future and then they cut those features. that didn't stop people from believing the game was gta VI for 2 years.

The gaming press has a very bad habit of feeding this also. APB which was, in reality, more akin to Open-World Counter-Strike (Enforcers versus Crims) fell foul of being regarded as an MMO-GTA and was pushed as such by the gaming press accordingly, even though the Developers themselves said time and again that simply wasn't the case. After a while the lie becomes a reality and then when it turns out not to be the case people get mad.

John Day

The gaming press has a very bad habit of feeding this also. APB which was, in reality, more akin to Open-World Counter-Strike (Enforcers versus Crims) fell foul of being regarded as an MMO-GTA and was pushed as such by the gaming press accordingly, even though the Developers themselves said time and again that simply wasn't the case. After a while the lie becomes a reality and then when it turns out not to be the case people get mad.
Jesus I remember that.

Loostreaks

I'm about 100 hours in, about half way through the main story. The game has a lot of content, length really shouldn't be a concern to anyone. As I understand it, it's sort of grouped like this:
- Main story: about 30 high quality, narrative driven missions. For the most part, these are more cinematic/"scripted". You get to make some choices and it affects the ending or opens up different/additional side missions
- Side missions that open up from main story: these are more emotional stories exclusively focused on characters
- Gigs from fixers: Huge variety here. Some have impactfull/interesting stories, some are more humor oriented, others are Far Cry-esque "infiltrate the compound" missions ( but with far more options and better gameplay), Cyberpsycho hunts ( like mini-boss fights), etc. Plenty of different interesting scenarios, these are more "gameplay oriented" and you usually get good gear from them.
- You also occasionally open up ( based on street cred or main story) additional missions when you receive calls from someone: either unique missions from fixers or other npcs. This is sort of like the mix of former two.
- Shorter side missions you stumble in the world ( these are more like short encounters with light story), with some narrative choices
- NCPD tasks: these are straightforward "clear the area of hostiles". You can ignore this (unless you really want to 100% the game).

Not everything is very high quality ofc, but overall I'd say this game has the highest quality and variety of missions out there ( open world or otherwise)

scalman

NCPD never ignored , just some times they after attacked me too so i just ran away .. ungreatfull bastards.. lol . for me not enough those side activities, i did them all and then nothing else to do as they dont appear again or renew.
my latest fashion
Og6TKtg.png

DIYuNC9.png

latest fav weapon, bam bam you burn in hell ..i love it
mD17KOI.png

with this gun i dont even cover, just move and shoot and watch them burn.

latest favorite quickhack overheat, some enemies burn in one go , others in 2 times. sometimes i do just with overheating , again new to me so i enjoy it know .

would be perfect if devs could make those side activities like randomly generated and not ending , its not that hard as they dont need dialogs , naratives just group of people and me shooting them and later looting them.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I asked before but I'll give it another shot. I beat the game, chose one more gig, loaded the save and was missing the xp, iconic weapon, and some clothing items I gathered from the final mission upon loading my save.

I'm seeing on reddit others experienced this so I'm just wondering if anyone found a fix, thanks.

Rikkori

Going back to play other games that I considered that they did something in particular very well, only to keep thinking back to Cyberpunk & how much better it is, that's how I knew this game was truly great. That they managed to excel in so many areas of the game at once and make otherwise top games feel redundant... wow, that takes some doing. Even with everything that they cut, all the systems that aren't in place, etc in spite of all that's missing there's no way to shake this feeling of intoxication after playing the game, almost like the game puts you into a trance. There's just no way back, I'm gonna have to keep replaying it until the other companies step their game up & produce something rivalling it, either that or I'll have to switch lanes entirely from this type of a game because everything else feels too antiquated now, with a single exception (KCD numbah wahn, of course).

At least give us TW3 next-gen patch soon, I need an interlude CDPR! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

rabbitontherun

Neo Member
Man, i loved the Pyramid Song Side Quest with Judy.
A nice change of pace - underwater, quiet and peaceful.
And i gotta say...the romance scene is beautifully done, although it could have been a bit longer. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

screenshot_20201226-2bkki9.png

screenshot_20201226-2ddkce.png

screenshot_20201226-2omkf7.png

screenshot_20201226-2etjzc.png

screenshot_20201226-27xjc5.png

screenshot_20201226-22yktx.png

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Going back to play other games that I considered that they did something in particular very well, only to keep thinking back to Cyberpunk & how much better it is, that's how I knew this game was truly great. That they managed to excel in so many areas of the game at once and make otherwise top games feel redundant... wow, that takes some doing. Even with everything that they cut, all the systems that aren't in place, etc in spite of all that's missing there's no way to shake this feeling of intoxication after playing the game, almost like the game puts you into a trance. There's just no way back, I'm gonna have to keep replaying it until the other companies step their game up & produce something rivalling it, either that or I'll have to switch lanes entirely from this type of a game because everything else feels too antiquated now, with a single exception (KCD numbah wahn, of course).

At least give us TW3 next-gen patch soon, I need an interlude CDPR! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

i agree. i think people will really value the game when other companies release their open world games and they see how lackluster they are in many areas compared to cyberpunk.
i think starfield might be one of those because bethesda has been making the same game for 15 years but we'll see. Todd Howard didn't like how the witcher 3 kicked their ass when they released fallout 4 so he might be trying to make a really great game now. i'm sure he's relieved that cyberpunk is getting destroyed online. or worried because starfield is even worse. lol.

Last edited:

deafmedal

I decided to do a quick play through to check the main story and systems out while waiting for the current gen patches and QoL changes and bug fixes to roll in. Normally I would take my time with a game like this but I have no intention of traveling with my PS5 anytime soon and I had a sinking suspicion the last gen versions would be a shitshow long before the game was released but still wanted to give it the ole once over while I was at home with time to spare. Some brief thoughts no one cares about:
  • Game is extremely satisfying to play, shooting is really well done, hacks are great fun and melee is surprisingly viable, does not feel anything like those vids earlier this year would have suggested
  • Characters and story/writing were (as expected) very well done. As I didn't really delve into a lot of the side content I imagine I will thoroughly enjoy taking my time next play through
  • The game is absolutely dripping with atmosphere and style, sound design and artwork are spot on
  • While technically a mess on last gen it is still a decent looker albeit a bit of a step back after RDR2, GoW, HZD, hopefully the current gen patches get this game where it should be
  • What a fucking disaster this game is regarding bugs and such. I think I had around 15 crashes in my 35-40 hours, countless audio glitches and objects remaining on screen, blurry ass textures, pop in galore (you know the drill). I played FO3, Skyrim, ME:A, GTAV etc unpatched/day 1 patched and none were on the same level (360 version for FO3/Skyrim, both whatever version shipped on the disc). The only game I would say ran worse last gen was Anthem and FO:NV (PS3) the previous. At least I avoided any progress halting bullshit
  • City itself feels empty/dead most of the time. After GTAV my expectations here are a bit higher, I expect more density/activity than Vegas in FO:NV. This isn't an after apocalypse setting, rather a dystopian mega city which should have sooo much more going on than what we got
  • Too many repeating data shards. While I am not obsessive reading everything I do make a point to check this sort of content out in these sorts of games and it felt like I was constantly reading the same shit over and over. I cannot remember the titles every time so an indicator that I've already read this shard or that one would be nice.
  • Geezus, what is up with CDPR and horrible fucking outfits?! I fucking hated a vast majority of outfits in TW3, glad to see CP77 didn't let me down here. Shiny puff jackets are fucking stupid now, even worse in the future. At least I don't have to stare at V in ridiculous garb where as I didn't have much choice with court jester Geralt
  • Game felt too short. I realize that I was going for a fast play through but even then, I wanted more. Can be seen as a pro and con tbh, doesn't overstay it's welcome if you don't want but still feels like something is missing
Overall I was quite pleased with the game and cannot stop thinking about it. It really sunk it's hooks in me and I just want to fire it up and play some more but I will resist until the mentioned patches roll in. CDPR deserve all the love and hate they are getting- definitely needed more time in the oven and the last gen ports had no business being released in this state.

But gotdamn, for people who like these sorts of settings and systems they absolutely fucking nailed it.

Ma-Yuan

Had at least 5 crashs today... Get the feeling after I thought it's better with 1.05 and 1.06 it's not. Can't play 30mins without the game crashing again on ps5. The amount of ridiculous bugs also increased. Imagine you load a save then randomly cars explode around you. People stuck in each other as well as cars. Garbage bags falling from the sky. Tables stuck in each other rolling around or floating in mid air... Cloth parts floating around in cutscenes. I really love the game when it comes together but it's getting harder and harder to ignore these fucked up short comings when it comes to quality control.. I can't imagine they ever finished one game from start finish with out crashes (ignoring bugs) and Sony did actually the right move from removing it from psn. 😒

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I decided to do a quick play through to check the main story and systems out while waiting for the current gen patches and QoL changes and bug fixes to roll in. Normally I would take my time with a game like this but I have no intention of traveling with my PS5 anytime soon and I had a sinking suspicion the last gen versions would be a shitshow long before the game was released but still wanted to give it the ole once over while I was at home with time to spare. Some brief thoughts no one cares about:
  • Game is extremely satisfying to play, shooting is really well done, hacks are great fun and melee is surprisingly viable, does not feel anything like those vids earlier this year would have suggested
  • Characters and story/writing were (as expected) very well done. As I didn't really delve into a lot of the side content I imagine I will thoroughly enjoy taking my time next play through
  • The game is absolutely dripping with atmosphere and style, sound design and artwork are spot on
  • While technically a mess on last gen it is still a decent looker albeit a bit of a step back after RDR2, GoW, HZD, hopefully the current gen patches get this game where it should be
  • What a fucking disaster this game is regarding bugs and such. I think I had around 15 crashes in my 35-40 hours, countless audio glitches and objects remaining on screen, blurry ass textures, pop in galore (you know the drill). I played FO3, Skyrim, ME:A, GTAV etc unpatched/day 1 patched and none were on the same level (360 version for FO3/Skyrim, both whatever version shipped on the disc). The only game I would say ran worse last gen was Anthem and FO:NV (PS3) the previous. At least I avoided any progress halting bullshit
  • City itself feels empty/dead most of the time. After GTAV my expectations here are a bit higher, I expect more density/activity than Vegas in FO:NV. This isn't an after apocalypse setting, rather a dystopian mega city which should have sooo much more going on than what we got
  • Too many repeating data shards. While I am not obsessive reading everything I do make a point to check this sort of content out in these sorts of games and it felt like I was constantly reading the same shit over and over. I cannot remember the titles every time so an indicator that I've already read this shard or that one would be nice.
  • Geezus, what is up with CDPR and horrible fucking outfits?! I fucking hated a vast majority of outfits in TW3, glad to see CP77 didn't let me down here. Shiny puff jackets are fucking stupid now, even worse in the future. At least I don't have to stare at V in ridiculous garb where as I didn't have much choice with court jester Geralt
  • Game felt too short. I realize that I was going for a fast play through but even then, I wanted more. Can be seen as a pro and con tbh, doesn't overstay it's welcome if you don't want but still feels like something is missing
Overall I was quite pleased with the game and cannot stop thinking about it. It really sunk it's hooks in me and I just want to fire it up and play some more but I will resist until the mentioned patches roll in. CDPR deserve all the love and hate they are getting- definitely needed more time in the oven and the last gen ports had no business being released in this state.

But gotdamn, for people who like these sorts of settings and systems they absolutely fucking nailed it.
I will say that a lot of the "side" stuff doesn't feel like side stuff. If you just play the main story you are missing a lot. Like imagine if tangential subplots like The Bloody Baron from Witcher 3 were skippable. That's how Cyberpunk is.

I am not being a completist by any means, most of the side stuff I am ignoring most little quests and just doing the bigger threads with major characters and I am a good 60 hours in. Longer than I spent in Witcher 3, I think. So that game is not short, but it's wide.

Last edited:

Flintty

So my plan was to wait for the next gen patch before picking this up for the Series X but my wife bought me it for Xmas.

I thought I’d get it installed and just take a peek but still wait for the patch before properly getting into it. But I’m addicted - been playing all day. The game is gorgeous and I’m loving the story so far. Everything is so much better than I was expecting.

Just finished up act 1

Loving it so far, playing as a Streetkid, hate that they killed off those 2 characters though :/

I’ve got 8 hours of gameplay in and have hardly done any side stuff so I’m going to focus on that for now.

Playing on PS5, I’ve seen a few visual glitches like floating objects but nothing major, and two crashes in eight hours, seems for the most part in pretty good shape so I don’t know what the fuss is about.

Edit: I’ve had 3 additional crashes since I posted this message. Yeah, so that’s kind of annoying. Total playtime is just over 10 hours.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Alright, I have been exploring side quests with all week, getting to know Judy, River, Kerry, Rogue, and Panam, and just finished the Samurai Reunion. 68 hours in and it feels like the right time to go wrap this thing up. I still have tons of unfinished quests but from a story standpoint it feels right.[/ispoiler]

Last edited:
Just finished up act 1

Loving it so far, playing as a Streetkid, hate that they killed off those 2 characters though :/

I’ve got 8 hours of gameplay in and have hardly done any side stuff so I’m going to focus on that for now.

Playing on PS5, I’ve seen a few visual glitches like floating objects but nothing major, and two crashes in eight hours, seems for the most part in pretty good shape so I don’t know what the fuss is about.

Edit: I’ve had two additional crashes since I posted this message. Yeah, so that’s kind of annoying.

Use spoiler tags.

Use spoiler tags.
For what? That two characters got killed?

There are so many characters up until that point and more than 2 of them die. Who am I talking about? If you haven’t completed it you’ll have no clue who I’m talking about. Even if you have completed it then you probably still don’t know who I’m talking about.

For what? That two characters got killed?

There are so many characters up until that point and more than 2 of them die. Who am I talking about? If you haven’t completed it you’ll have no clue who I’m talking about. Even if you have completed it then you probably still don’t know who I’m talking about.

Guess you're right, but I would have def figured out who you're talking about.

2AdEPT

otherwise i suppose the character is fine. they just goofed up by hiring a major hollywood celebrity.
Again, I think its just you :p. All movies have actors and they are evaluated on how well they fit their role. You mean to tell me that you cant watch any movies because you know the actor played some other character? We are not getting Keanu at the start of his career when Johnny Mnemonic came out...we are gettting a seasoned veteran, who, if you watch the trailer on the game page (for consle users) you can see him really getting into the character and taking this role seriously. There really wasnt any other better actor for this, real or imagined. The real "Keanu the actor" even played in a band for much of his career on the side, and he was always a rebel getting kicked out of school etc! I am not all too certain that the cart came before the horse and they helped design the story around Keanu a bit....it would make sense as how many rockers are also terrorists? LOL I personally think it adds to the quality of the game to have quality acting...at times the V actors let me down, they arent top actors and it shows. Usually game budgets cant afford good acting. I hope this is a trend in gaming. Of course the caveat is that just throwing a big name in there for publicity and having the actor still suck as their heart is not it is a possibility, but in this case it was certainly not. I have never seen Keanu in a role where he was so pissed off and crude, he had to adapt to a slightly harsher role as terroist and he did very well IMO.
comments on your second playthough
Did you try hacking in either of the playthroughs? Stealth? These two can go together and make the game a whle new game!
I'm having a lot of fun (way past the 100-hour mark at this point). Aside from the occasional bugs being ironed out, there are definitely a few things I'd like to see implemented in terms of QoL improvements.

• LIst
Im almost there at around 80-90 hours but Im still level 24 street cred 30 and of the three main act two lines I have only done Judy/Voodoo. I have a very small wish list:
- I cant help but feel that although its a dystopian post war world where corps have taken over and the environemnt has gone to shit, that ICE vehicles STILL simply dont make sense. At very least there should be electric options and the noise could be modded in. I realize this is even a bigger asl than customizatio of colour etc, but hat an opportunity wasted. THe whole idea of trying to make electric cars sound and feel like old ICE ones definitely fits the Cyberpunk Universe. You have AV's and slow moving aircraft hovering over you even and not one electric car or bike? Adding a 2nd set of wheels to the gangster boats wasnt enough. At least they thre ELon a bone and inlcluded Robotaxis...albeit ICE ones lol...se thats the problem right there....robotaxis with that level AI wont run on gas, they just wont. LOL

NO! You are only as far in as you want to be. You choose your own length. I am level 24, street cred 30 and something lke 50-10-15% on the three meters for story but have played 80-90 hours!!!! I have been exploring and breakin into the posh mansions on the east hillside with no related quest at all the last few days. I saw Kerry's house on the map and decided to go there and "drop in" even though I have no idea if he is gonna show up as charcater; actaully someone spoiled that for me but oh well. I noticed two other posh mansions inthe area one of which I could actually get inside (i.e. not jsut the property) and it was heavily guarded! This is the sandbox that Betheda games never are with their carbon copy LINERALY ramdomized loot BS. Each mansion had different security schemes, two you could not actual break into but one you could. Each layout was totally different even though they did use similar assets for the materials (often subdivisions use a theme regardless). THere was a tonne of shards for story and looot for my time!

WHat is randomized better IMO as far as loot goes in this game is the level of items in shops and even high level containers (so you can save scum if you want to )...but I dont...I just rotate around the city driving my motorcycle to the different clothes and nethack shops and rippers...eventually stoppign to get money to buy the stuff form solving crimes. the loot fits the area better than Bethesda, but the level you get is off the charts random, Tha is a better mix IMO. THe odd main gig keeps it iteresting, but Im savouring every minute of the 90 hours so far and will likley end up with 150 hours total play time for this character. She is also a netrunning stealth build so takes her time scoping each joint from the roof and basement before entry. THe verticality of the game can be missed if one doesnt choose to seek it. I have even got on top of buildings only by jumpipng off bridges and using double jump to break my fall. Unlike in Bethesda, again, this strategy paid off where usually if you try some wacky shit you still have to go the way they wanted you to go.
Man, i loved the Pyramid Song Side Quest with Judy.
A nice change of pace - underwater, quiet and peaceful.
And i gotta say...the romance scene is beautifully done, although it could have been a bit longer. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
At least it was longer than the 30 second job I got on Jig jig street for a hundred E$! You may have missed it a few pages back but I did a Judy tribute video, We took many simiar shots although I was paranoid about nudity on my channel so I focused on the sunrise. It really was magical and Judy deserved her own musical theme which I wrote myself...I cant seem to find any theme for Judy associated with the soundtrack but she needed one....geez I have a good looking (and nice personality) wife already but its fun to role play regardless, there were sparks flying for sure and CDPR are the best at it LOL.

SullaFelix

Neo Member
At the 54hr mark and I've hit the point of no return so I'm going to try and clear as many side quests as I can. Not sure if I'll get through all the side gigs/scanner hustles.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit at that Sinnerman quest line... That sure was a weird one. Definitely recommend playing along and seeing it through!

As an aside, it's weird to hear Grimes songs on the radio. Everything else feels so crafted for this game, but then suddenly some modern real world pop stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sometimes when I'm in scanning mode, time slows down. Sometimes it's normal. I'm not sure why that is. Is there a toggle that I'm hitting by accident?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Finished the main story yesterday, damn it hits right in the feels.

I spent the last hours replaying the end to get all the points of view and hell some made me really sad, especially the end calls during the credit...
My true ending is The Sun, with V seeking for revenge. That feeling when entering The Afterlife, I made it Jackie.
But I also really loved The Stars, seeing Judy happy was worth all the trouble.

0nKvSr.png
0nKLwF.png
0nKY13.png
0nKop0.png
0nKufD.png
0nKN0q.png

Loostreaks

This is probably the biggest "disparity" I've seen on different platforms for any game. Haven't had a single crash ( on PC), very few glitches, only one or two minor quest bugs ( resolved by reloading). And the city is absolutely packed full with people ( more in plazas, or near shops)...to the point, it really feels like they were "underselling it" with recent trailers.
It's night and day difference next to New Vegas and all Bethesda games on release ( crashes, bugs and glitches galore). I remember Skyrim intro alone had several bizarre game breaking bugs that forced a reload. First one of the horse slammed into a wall and wouldn't move, then Ralof fell off the cart, and last that decapitated Stormcloak rose up and started running. Hilarious though.

SF Kosmo

Finished. 70 hours according to Steam, closer to 60 on my in-game play clock (presumably time wasted reloading games or at he pause screen/menus). I got the "Path to Glory" ending, which is apparently the "secret" ending, though I didn't look that up until after I got it. Seems like all are bittersweet, so I am not gonna re-do.

Awesome game. Technical flaws and hype aside, this completely sucked me in. If I had to bitch about anything I'd say balance could use tweaking, it takes a long time to get a lot of the cool shit, be it cyberware, gear, or perks, so a lot of the game feels like saving up rather than gradual progress. Also since the endgame is meant to be beatable at a wide range of levels, it was a bit anti-climactic as I was pretty unstoppable with 1000 armor so I could just katana slice everyone to pieces. But overall a fantastic game that I spent more time on than Witcher 3.

Top Bottom