• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

There are hundred little things that really fucking annoy me in this game. Like for example why can't I pull out my gun and look at it when I'm in my little armory in V's apartment?

There should be an option to look at the gun, pivot and zoom, trigger reload animation etc.

FryXU3e.jpg

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
As good as the game is it needs a lot of quality of life improvements.

So frustrating that I can't save vehicles so many cool custom colours that I can't keep around or just despawn out of nowhere.

I'm sure these thing will come time.

As much as I won't to stop playing and wait for improvements I can't stop playing this game 😔

Guilty_AI

and cdpr doesnt make open world games since 15+ years?
The Witcher 3 was their first. And unlike this one, it absolutely had no sandbox aspects to it.

So, CP2077 is CDPR's very first open world sandbox. Meanwhile Rockstar pretty much created the open world sandbox genre.

Last edited:
I really, really, REALLY hope that one of the added features will be reflections for your character. I downloaded a mod where you can see your body (head is missing) and it makes such a huge difference. It grounds your character in the world.

I smell bullshit when they say it was removed due to "performance concerns". I believe it was removed due to junky animations etc. and they run out of development time to make it look acceptable.

Full body reflection:
Zu7mIwC.jpg

Here you can see my yellow Samurai jacket reflected in that little screen on the right. Neat.
oXXizaB.jpg

Dries

I really, really, REALLY hope that one of the added features will be reflections for your character. I downloaded a mod where you can see your body (head is missing) and it makes such a huge difference. It grounds your character in the world.

I smell bullshit when they say it was removed due to "performance concerns". I believe it was removed due to junky animations etc. and they run out of development time to make it look acceptable.

Full body reflection:
Zu7mIwC.jpg

Here you can see my yellow Samurai jacket reflected in that little screen on the right. Neat.
oXXizaB.jpg

Quoted for truth. Even though the head is missing it still adds so much. I highly recommend doing this, all you RTX users.

GaviotaGrande GaviotaGrande have you seen this yet?

Last edited:
Regarding vehicle customization. Take Mizutani Shion for example. There are several colors of this car. Some with decals etc. Same applies to interiors.

There are multiple garages that exist in the game (Sunset Motel, Claire's, garage where you find iconic Quadra and many more). It would take almost no development time to put some garages on the map using existing assets where you can customize your ride. Since there are no in-game menus (like in 2018 reveal gameplay), a simple interface where you can pimp your ride would be sufficient.

Easy job but would make so many people happy. I can see this being one of the first "free DLCs" added to the game.

Mizutani Shion, different interiors. I really dig the one with gold accents.

YLlmRBD.jpg

OQ2Nlud.jpg

qjb55U0.jpg

regawdless

Banned
As good as the game is it needs a lot of quality of life improvements.

So frustrating that I can't save vehicles so many cool custom colours that I can't keep around or just despawn out of nowhere.

I'm sure these thing will come time.

As much as I won't to stop playing and wait for improvements I can't stop playing this game 😔

Even picking up stuff from the ground sucks.

scalman

omg its so good to play from start again ,even after long 100hrs playthrough , and now you just starting from new and every gun is new and every next item is better then previous and you again happy for all you getting, just hour in game and im allready so enjoying it
allready shot couple gangs and get all new toys, its even before dex mission
8LoS05s.png

Fbd1TwX.png

YLWirNI.png

i duno why im so bronze , my skin shouldnt be this , it was not this in menu.
i look little bit like T 1000 just punk girl lol.

Last edited:
This game will NEVER be comparable to games like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. NEVER. This is the reason why Bethesda Game Studios as a video game developer will always be superior to CDPR and others and you can laugh at their engine all you want but they actually TRY to create a believable world wher you can sink into and find new things around every corner. Where the world is the character.

Bethesda is actually the worst. The only good modern Fallout is New Vegas. The Elder Scrolls was dumbed down so much that it doesn't even resemble its original premise. Let's be real here.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Full body reflection:
Zu7mIwC.jpg

oXXizaB.jpg

Yeah, the lack of a reflection for V sorely stands out. And any performance excuse has to be bullshit, right? You already have a ton of objects (including people's sunglasses!) accurately reflecting both still and dynamically moving things in the environment. I doubt one more model is going to do much.

Loostreaks

Calling my bike: 56 meters away, 69 meters aways, 80 meters away...where the hell is it going? Brings back memories of Witcher. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
One time I called it, but it had one of those retractable rails in it's way, in one of the enemy bases. So it kept on ramming back'n'forth against it. Then I lowered it with my hacking skill..and then it ran right over me.
Man, the music. All the scenes in the game are so perfectly directed and acted, but the music just elevates the experience to a whole 'nother level.

That's with Panam? Just met her, my V is already moves on her. Witcher also had a great music, but the way they use it here, the First person camera...it's like being inside of movies like Bladerunner.

Ovek

7Member7
Yeah, the lack of a reflection for V sorely stands out. And any performance excuse has to be bullshit, right? You already have a ton of objects (including people's sunglasses!) accurately reflecting both still and dynamically moving things in the environment. I doubt one more model is going to do much.

It's complete bullshit, I thought it was a bug at first because why the fuck would you disable reflections for your own character?! Well after seeing how your character animates in your shadow it all makes perfect sense.

I'm playing on the base PS4 v1.05(due to temporary no internet) and it plays fine. The problem with this game is that some game design choices are outdated.

I was doing one of the side missions where you get to the part where you had to run from the cops. It's so obvious that the police AI isn't finished. I drove away from the scene in a straight line for three seconds and the cop who was driving behind me disappears. CDPR should hire a small team to work on the AI, it's too broken right now.

Also does anyone know if you can choose the car you race with? It automatically chose a pickup for the first race. I've bought all cars in game and it's kind of shitty I get a shitty car for a race.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I just got the game for Xmas to play on the Series X. What's the state of the game with recent 1.06 patch? I'm debating playing on performance but also want to see it in quality.

Ivory Blood

Calling my bike: 56 meters away, 69 meters aways, 80 meters away...where the hell is it going? Brings back memories of Witcher. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
One time I called it, but it had one of those retractable rails in it's way, in one of the enemy bases. So it kept on ramming back'n'forth against it. Then I lowered it with my hacking skill..and then it ran right over me.

That's with Panam? Just met her, my V is already moves on her. Witcher also had a great music, but the way they use it here, the First person camera...it's like being inside of movies like Bladerunner.
Yep.

scalman

how i do now on my second run i clear map just in places where my main mission is , so around it i run drive and clear as much as i can not too far from it , and now im trying to do all sides when they come up because those most will be easy diff. it doesnt feel to me that i know story and its boring or i did this before, not at all as i do now in diff style with diff guns and im leveling up on diff stuff and im crafting some more now too . so its cool i like it . feels great. because i didint knew many stuff on first run i did all more random i didint cheated or didint used easy money schemes, maybe because that now i know more and i do more things right... if only i could beat boxing.. yh i know you must block or evade but do it very precise just in time, so with that i had problem i dont have patience to get exact moment thing.

I can’t seem to find a good balance for brightness. I just finished an early streetkid mission in the food factory. It was so dark in there I could hardly see enemies, I couldn’t even make out what was happening most of the time. If it wasn’t for scanning and marking, I wouldn’t know where enemies were. Even then I often couldn’t tell if they were in the open or behind something, or even just looting, I can’t see shit.
But then if I turn up the brightness the blacks like terrible and it’s still to dark.

On PS5, any tips? I was loving the game until then, now I don’t even feel like playing anymore :(

Tahj

Finished Act II, finally.

I'm pissed abt Takemura's death. Or supposed death. I hope supposed death..

Mopping up the last gigs & SQ'S now!

Snaven Shake

Neo Member
I can’t seem to find a good balance for brightness. I just finished an early streetkid mission in the food factory. It was so dark in there I could hardly see enemies, I couldn’t even make out what was happening most of the time. If it wasn’t for scanning and marking, I wouldn’t know where enemies were. Even then I often couldn’t tell if they were in the open or behind something, or even just looting, I can’t see shit.
But then if I turn up the brightness the blacks like terrible and it’s still to dark.

On PS5, any tips? I was loving the game until then, now I don’t even feel like playing anymore :(

There are for sure a few sections in this game where it is nigh impossible to see anything (even on a high brightness PC display with gamma cranked up) but in my 60 hours of playtime it has probably only be an issue for 30-45 minutes in summation, so I wouldn't let it discourage you. It does make me desperately wish I had a flashlight though. :)

Last edited:

JRW

I'm getting so much mileage out of double jump legs. Best purchase ever.
Bought both jump types but ended up keeping it on Long jump, being able to easily hop over fences / walls / single jump onto rooftops of many buildings adds a lot to the gameplay & strategies for some missions.

There are for sure a few sections in this game where it is nigh impossible to see anything (even on a high brightness PC display with gamma cranked up) but in my 60 hours of playtime it has probably only be an issue for 30-45 minutes in summation, so I wouldn't let it discourage you. It does make me desperately wish I had a flashlight though. :)

That’s a relief.

I’ve probably played about four hours in total so far, most of it just aimlessly exploring and just soaking everything in, so it was probably my first real mission outside of the intro one with the bathtub girl and it made me go from loving the game immensely to not wanting to continue because of how clueless I was due to the darkness. Either way I had to call it quits for the night, but it’s encouraging to know that it’s not so bad the majority of the time.

Thanks!

Kadayi

Banned
33 hours in. Mostly sticking to side gigs. Some progress on the main plot. None on the small gigs. Any of those worth doing?

It's worth doing the NCPD and Gang missions (the blue ones) you see on the map as there's usually either good gear and/or crafting specs to be found. One that you can find in Watson fighting against Maelstrom in some car park is the Armadillo clothing Mod, which is cheap to make (just uses common and uncommon components) and gives you great armour boosts (I crafted a rare one today that was +94 armour for instance). The idea that's doing the rounds that you have to dress like a Trash Zombie is mainly because people don't understand the whole crafting & upgrade system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom