• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Peru

What?

Discovery was the album that blew them up.

Yes but it didn't get universal acclaim. Some critics loved it, some didn't know what to make of it, conflicted feelings about 'cheesy' ingredients and the anything goes-approach. Most of them went back on their stance of course.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes but it didn't get universal acclaim. Some critics loved it, some didn't know what to make of it, conflicted feelings about 'cheesy' ingredients and the anything goes-approach. Most of them went back on their stance of course.

If that's the metric you want to go on though than I would say that homework was hardly critically acclaimed either.

sephi22

zFAzKUJ.gif

Yesssssssss! I'm so ready for this album. Great OT!
Where is this from?

Sadsic

i'd be excited for this but ehhhh the boards of canada album overshadows this a fuckton

try again some other year daft punk

grkazan12

Can't wait for this, I've been ready for this since the first 15 second ad premiered on SNL back in March. Vinyl preordered and I don't even own a record player.

gdt

So excited. I might actually buy a real physical CD for this. For no reason at all of course, but whatever.

Mairu

Ordered both of the t-shirts linked earlier. I don't have any Daft Punk t-shirts D:

Can't wait to hear the whole album!

Man, I like Daft Punk and all, but they must be the most overrated band going at the moment. Looking forward to this, but there's plenty of people out there doing similar things that are just as good without 1/10th of the hype.
Kavinsky and Danger come to mind. But IDK how big they are. There's only hype due to their long absence and epic tour.

I want RAM now :(

Fjordson

Kavinsky has a cool sound when you first hear it, I love all that 80's influenced electronic stuff, but his album was really disappointing to me. I enjoyed most of the songs on his EP's back when they came out a few years ago, but listening to his album I came to the realization that all of his songs sound incredibly similar (at least to me). Pretty boring over the course of a full length album.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I am so hyped. It needs to come out right now. I can listen to Get Lucky so many times then go back to Alive 2007.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty telling that the Kavinsky track that stands head and shoulders over all the rest is the one written and produced with Guy-Man.

Top Bottom