• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

mil6es

TAKEN

I went to a Kavinsky live some months ago in Toulouse, it was pretty neat. I didn't like his album though.

From what I've heard of RAM, well, Get Lucky seems well suited to catch mainstream audience but the other tracks sound really like Daft Punk.

L1NETT

Hopefully the best entry level album in years ;-)

Walked into Superdrug and Get Lucky came on, hype slowly building.

Xbox reveal + RAM = Oh Yes.

iKhayal18

Hopefully this album will be at the level of Discovery (my favorite album ever) or even better. I just can't wait anymore. Give us the stream now!

Davidion

I went to a Kavinsky live some months ago in Toulouse, it was pretty neat. I didn't like his album though.

From what I've heard of RAM, well, Get Lucky seems well suited to catch mainstream audience but the other tracks sound really like Daft Punk.

ooooh, that's good news. Is it only streamed in itunes? Haven't seen it anywhere else.

Nugg

It seems that the release date is on the 17th everywhere in Europe except in France where it's on the 20th. WHYYYY =(

Anyway, great OT. Subscribed. Can't wait for this.

L1NETT

It seems that the release date is on the 17th everywhere in Europe except in France where it's on the 20th. WHYYYY =(

UK here, any my Amazon says it is arriving on the 20th too.

S1kkZ

holy shit you are right! amazon.de has the 17th for the mp3 version, a few weeks ago they had may 21st as the date.

5 days to go :)

Wix

21st in Norway. The 17th is our national day, dammit.

Zeth

More hyped for this than anything in a long time. It's a shame I used a DP avatar for years, but I'm too lazy to do another one that's somehow original :p

Dreaver

Great OP! I'm so incredibly hyped... I have listening to Get Lucky at least 250 times and I'm sure I've listening to at least 100 remixes.

For everybody who likes Daft Punk, I suggest you check out these songs:

Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
Thomas Bangalter & Dj Falcon - Together
Dj Mehdi - Signatune (Thomas Bangalter remix)
Fred Falke - 808 PM at the beach
Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro
Etienne de Crécy - Fast Track Live Vs We Are Your Friends
Cassius - Feeling For You
Fred Falke - Santuary

Great OP! I'm so incredibly hyped... I have listening to Get Lucky at least 250 times and I'm sure I've listening to at least 100 remixes.

For everybody who likes Daft Punk, I suggest you check out these songs:

Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
Thomas Bangalter & Dj Falcon - Together
Dj Mehdi - Signatune (Thomas Bangalter remix)
Fred Falke - 808 PM at the beach
Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro
Etienne de Crécy - Fast Track Live Vs We Are Your Friends
Cassius - Feeling For You
Fred Falke - Santuary

I also really like Thomas Bangalter's tracks from the 1990s (not really Daft Punk style, but quite French minimal house, and quite resembling Homework actually):

Spinal Scratch
Colossus
Extra Dry
Club Soda

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Kavinsky has a cool sound when you first hear it, I love all that 80's influenced electronic stuff, but his album was really disappointing to me. I enjoyed most of the songs on his EP's back when they came out a few years ago, but listening to his album I came to the realization that all of his songs sound incredibly similar (at least to me). Pretty boring over the course of a full length album.

boring and samey sounding, but also incredibly poorly mastered. that may have been the worst album I've ever put against my head in years, it was horrible.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have Face To Face rolling around in my head now because of this thread. I hope the new songs have a lasting effect on me as much as stuff like that one.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Amazing OT. Thanks for posting. The rumour going at the moment is that the stream will be available 7PM GMT/3PM EST today purely based on the timeframe of when iTunes has made streams available for other albums. This is the information circulating on Reddit and the Daft Club forums.

If this is true and accurate we might be able to hear the album in a few hours. I know of a few people who are staying up all night tonight to hear the stream. A stream that is still unconfirmed outside of constant rumours and alleged insider information. I hope to God the stream is happening. I'll update everyone via this thread if I hear anything more.

I see people posting tracks to pass the time. Here's my contribution.

Top Bottom