• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DALL-E 3 is live through Bing Image Creator

Thaedolus

28stdOx.jpg

Samus x Gears of War

5qXgUEj.jpg

Exact same prompt but with Princess Peach lol

wA8ynNk.jpg

This might be my new phone wallpaper, sorry children you’ve been replaced

ultrazilla

Woah. Incredible Solarstrike Solarstrike :messenger_fire: :messenger_heart:

For all the detractors that say this is soulless and takes no talent; It *DOES* take talent to think/plan the ideas/prompts to fulfill your vision. After all, art is an extension
of your vision among other things. And soulless? This program is anything but that. The amount of detail, ideas, planning, prompt work, vision that each and every one of
us are putting into these isn't "soulless and lacking in talent." Ok. enough preaching. Keep em' comin
amWYPq1.jpg
nC4EAGL.jpg
:messenger_fire:
UsGlIQR.jpg
FWD5bfI.jpg
roTxgk1.jpg
3unrUQv.jpg

Last edited:

tkscz

I've been writing space opera short stories and this looks exactly like the character I'm currently writing about, down the the armor design. Going to need Dall-e not to read my mind thank you.
OIG.ijVGNt7msHHGY2ZxEwPb

OIG.trUMrvB8AJw5TLvHSFXo

OIG.l92MxQncAvMq88fnpfxY

OIG..AAU81gKQbJ5W4Xx0Huw

OIG.lObG9mRL2mo5pDNoznDj

Valonquar

Man the content filter is getting more and more agressive. Just got a 1 hour ban trying to make spooky images of 2 old man zombies fighting each other with black oil. Words I've found it will block so far depending on the prompts: "Insane", "anorexic" and in one case a working prompt was blocked just by adding the word "fighting" Was evolving stuff from this and it kept shutting me down: **Edit** oh... their policy does state no graphic violence or gore allowed, so I guess I was pushing it too much.
LkrJqj1.jpg
d7JaGNy.jpg
SYy7lUu.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Some of the results here are absolutely incredible*, but the things I've asked for have often disappointed. Asking for a painting of an actor in a particular style often gives a painting of someone in that style but doesn't represent the subject at all.

*Please share your prompts!

Hyper realistic ghostbusters battle between peter venkman and an army of ghosts:

Last edited:

violence

Man the content filter is getting more and more agressive. Just got a 1 hour ban trying to make spooky images of 2 old man zombies fighting each other with black oil. Words I've found it will block so far depending on the prompts: "Insane", "anorexic" and in one case a working prompt was blocked just by adding the word "fighting" Was evolving stuff from this and it kept shutting me down: **Edit** oh... their policy does state no graphic violence or gore allowed, so I guess I was pushing it too much.

I can’t wait for the alternatives at this level that don’t have guard rails.

tkscz

Some of the results here are absolutely incredible*, but the things I've asked for have often disappointed. Asking for a painting of an actor in a particular style often gives a painting of someone in that style but doesn't represent the subject at all.

*Please share your prompts!

"Hyper realistic ghostbusters battle between peter venkman and an army of ghosts"

Be specific about the look of the ghost. It'll want to just choose Ghostbuster ghost and what it finds to be popular. So they all look like the staypuffed marshmallow man. Also separate parts of the prompts with commas if you're not.

For example, for me to get the fat women the way I do I can't use the word fat or obese, see Valonquar Valonquar above where they ban words as "Hate speech" or "insults" even if the prompt isn't using them as such, or just plus size, curvy or BBW because it takes Instagrams use of the words and I usually end up with something like this
OIG.ds3HUfWpne06UkpUCcZ_

So I have to use a combination of the same words to get the point across at the same time it doesn't see it as an insult, "plus size fat bbw woman" (if I don't include woman, it shows a naked fat man. Always naked for some reason).

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
tkscz tkscz Thanks very much, that's really helpful! I will continue to experiment!

Valonquar

I have had a few heated conversations about AI art with people.

A lot of artists are still saying it is 100% theft since the AIs were trained on millions of artist's images without their consent, and is being used to imitate \ replace them with "soulless" versions of art. This is... what humans do too? Sure AI can do it on a massive scale unlike anything, but it's also trying to be ALL artists, not just one.

Then there's the ethical stuff with people misusing it for 4-chan level offensive stuff, and public figures getting put in photo-realistic problematic behavior, and I can't even imagine how silly the 2024 election cycle will be with this stuff. All the image submissions I see are a healthy mix of pure creative imagery mixed with a LOT more "Insert pop culture copyrighted character doing thing" which I'm sure a lot of copyright holders are unhappy with.

My Argument has largely been, that yes, these are all valid concerns, but it's just too damn late. There's no going back now, and no real way to control the guardrails on it. It's just the way it is now. I don't think we're going to have a future where people forget how to fucking paint or take photos. This is just a tool that lets people without the patience or desire to learn those skills quickly feel a rush of satisfying creativity (when it GETS your prompts anyhow)

That said I know several people that are adamantly DO NOT SEND ME AI GENERATED THINGS I HATE IT, and it just makes me sad. It's such a fun thing to mess with.

Last edited:

tkscz

A lot of artists are still saying it is 100% theft since the AIs were trained on millions of artist's images without their consent, and is being used to imitate \ replace them with "soulless" versions of art. This is... what humans do too? Sure AI can do it on a massive scale unlike anything, but it's also trying to be ALL artists, not just one.

Then there's the ethical stuff with people misusing it for 4-chan level offensive stuff, and public figures getting put in photo-realistic problematic behavior, and I can't even imagine how silly the 2024 election cycle will be with this stuff. All the image submissions I see are a healthy mix of pure creative imagery mixed with a LOT more "Insert pop culture copyrighted character doing thing" which I'm sure a lot of copyright holders are unhappy with.

My Argument has largely been, that yes, these are all valid concerns, but it's just too damn late. There's no going back now, and no real way to control the guardrails on it. It's just the way it is now. I don't think we're going to have a future where people forget how to fucking paint or take photos. This is just a tool that lets people without the patience or desire to learn those skills quickly feel a rush of satisfying creativity (when it GETS your prompts anyhow)

That said I know several people that are adamantly DO NOT SEND ME AI GENERATED THINGS I HATE IT, and it just makes me sad. It's such a fun thing to mess with.
The artist argument is purely based on artist worried no one will pay them for commissions, which isn't the case sense it's hard to get the AI art to perfectly imitate their art styles to a T and AI still makes mistakes, so those who want to pay them still will. Not only that but you and I got banned for an hour for using words that aren't insulting or hate speech, so we are limited in what we can have the AI create. This tool is also more useful in the hands of artist as the more detailed you can get the prompt, the better the art comes out.

To add to that, I'm choosing a style, the art you see on 1980's scifi and fantasy novels, that you don't see anyone use anymore, something about that art style really gets to me and I love to see it. So who do I commission when I want to see that?

FunkMiller

I absolutely get the point of view of the artists. AI is basically going to destroy their livelihoods - but I just don't see a way of avoiding that now. Unless they can actively sue AI programmers if the AI they create uses their IP imagery as part of its learning. That's going to be the only thing that stops AI taking over - the legalities of it all. We're going to see court cases up the fucking wazoo.

Top Bottom