• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas - Fort Worth |OT| The Big D & Cowtown

cHaotix8

any other fighting games?

They had 8 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 cabs, a Tatsunoko vs Capcom setup as well as some other anime fighters games. Don't think I remember seeing Melty Blood, Persona 4 or BlazBlue, but there may have been a UNIBEL, Arcana Heart, and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Fighting Exhibition setups, but don't quote me on that. I was on heavy pain meds back then so my memory is kind of fuzzy, but there were a decent amount of fighters.

They had 8 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 cabs, a Tatsunoko vs Capcom setup as well as some other anime fighters games. Don't think I remember seeing Melty Blood, Persona 4 or BlazBlue, but there may have been a UNIBEL, Arcana Heart, and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Fighting Exhibition setups, but don't quote me on that. I was on heavy pain meds back then so my memory is kind of fuzzy, but there were a decent amount of fighters.
Sweet. Will give it a look when I have time

Pagusas

Elden Member
Finally started home shopping :-D Got pre-approved for a military loan also, which helps the budget so much. So excited! (Can't stand apartment living, even though we have a very nice apt. Just so annoying compared to having a home) The wife and I have done insanely well saving, and thanks to a couple of freelance jobs, starting a new job this month as a multimedia director, and still getting paid as an advisor for my old job, I'm brining in 2 large salaries and tons in freelance. Just an amazing windfall month thats making all our projects move months forward. LOVE DALLAS!

Just got back from there and yeah no Melty blood, P4 and BlazBlue.

Business seems really good though, lots and lots of kids actually playing games and stuff. So that's good news I guess.

Folks, we have a real arcade again.

Round1 just opened in The Parks at Arlington. Half of the arcade is your typical ticket machine games, but the other half is mostly japanese cabinets.

They also have half a dozen purikura photobooths, some karaoke rooms, bowling alleys, pool tables and table tennis.

Go go go. I don't want to lose this place like we lost Gameworks.

Edit: It's also open until 2AM every day which is great. I'm going to take some pictures next time I go which will be soon.

Do they have a deal like Gameworks had where you paid 30 bucks or whatever for unlimited gaming for the day? That deal was awesome.

What did they have there?

Found a list of the stuff they have:

http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/12/23/round-1-usa-opens-arlington-tx-location/

Aliens Extermination; Arcana Heart 3; BATMAN (4 units)Beatmania IIDX 22; Dead Heat Riders (4 units); Dirty Drivin'(2 units); Gitadora Overdrive Guitar Freaks and Drum Set versions; Guitar Hero Arcade; House of the Dead 4 Dlx; HUMMER MDX; Initial D8(4 units); Koihime Musou; Mach Storm; Mario Kart GP DX (4 units); Maximum Tune 3DX+ (4 units); Need For Speed Carbon Dlx (2 units) Operation GHOST Dlx; Pac-Man Battle Royale Dlx; Project Diva Arcade Future Tone (2 units); Pump It Up Infinity, Fiesta 2 and Prime 2015 (yes all three); Razing Storm Dlx; Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing Arcade (2 units); Sega Heat Up Air Hockey; Storm Racer G (2 units); Super Bikes 2 (4 units); Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition; Taiko No Tatsujin 14; Tank! Tank! Tank!; Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom; Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited (10 units); Time Crisis 4 Dlx; Thrill Drive 3 (4 units); Transformers: Human Alliance Dlx; Winter X Games Snocross (4 units) and more which can include karaoke, photo sticker booths, cranes, basketball, redemption, videmption ,etc. .

Not sure if this is all of it, but it seems to be right from what I saw over there.

thanks for the heads up. going to check this out tomorrow

I suggest you stop by at night. I was there around 8PM today and tons of children and high school kids mulling about... it's just really packed. I actually wanted to try Pump It Up since it's been a looooooooooooong time since I've set my two feet at a dance pad, but nope. Too many kids thinking they're all cool playing at easy mode.

Hello, Dallas neighbors. Is the lantern festival at fair park going on? My wife and I went early 2014, but the event is a ghost this time around.

Edit: We finally found a lone Yelp post from someone who traveled to Dallas to attend the festival only to find out it isn't happening. No Twitter, Facebook or website updates either.

akileese

Just got back from Round One and holy crap. I'm officially addicted to Initial D8. How many other people here actively play it? Be sort of cool to get a meet up and do 2v2s. I didn't even realize I filled up by $20 card (with another $10 refill) just playing Initial D.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Pics or it didn't happen.

Well the best I can do is post the pics of the property from the MLS, as we put a bid in Saturday and the sellers accepted today. Inspection is Wednesday, so I'll be taking lots of pics then :D

Anybody wanna hit up Round 1 tomorrow?

Lot of the kids are finally going back to school tomorrow, so I'm gonna be there early in the afternoon for an Initial D run and check out some other things.

I'm probably gonna be there by myself though unless my friend decides to skip work and all haha.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So that was an earthquake? We all felt it at our office here in Irving...

yup. I'm in an office building off Mcarthur/High Point, It felt like 2 strong shakes, felt far sharper and faster than previous earthquakes. Like two bombs blew up.

y2dvd

Yo fackers we all work in Los Colinas/Irving or what? Let's have lunch sometime. And yes, that earthquake scared the shit outta us here. I used to live in Cali as a kid and forgot how a strong earthquake felt like. @_@

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yo fackers we all work in Los Colinas/Irving or what? Let's have lunch sometime. And yes, that earthquake scared the shit outta us here. I used to live in Cali as a kid and forgot how a strong earthquake felt like. @_@

Yep, work in Las Colinas, live in Valley Ranch currently (right next to the Cowboys practice field) just bought a house in Frisco though (the commute is going to suck, but my wife will be closer to her work, so it works out)

No way in hell would I ever buy a house in Irving, Valley Ranch or LC, just not good areas overall, too many damn appartments and Irving is just gross.

Yep, work in Las Colinas, live in Valley Ranch currently (right next to the Cowboys practice field) just bought a house in Frisco though (the commute is going to suck, but my wife will be closer to her work, so it works out)

No way in hell would I ever buy a house in Irving, Valley Ranch or LC, just not good areas overall, too many damn appartments and Irving is just gross.

I thought Garland was supposed to be gross.

Felt the most recent one near White Rock Lake, cat freaked out.

Buddy of mine lives over near the Royal/Greenville intersection. He says his water is messed up. There's a lot of construction in his neighborhood though so it could just be coincidental.

BouncyFrag

aaaand another one, but I'm not bothered by the multiple earthquakes I've experienced today after having gone through my whole life not experiencing a single one ...
People-nervous.jpg

Maitiú

finally! I live in Irving and finally, after nearly 2 dozen, I felt that bastard 8 minutes ago. I was lying on the couch and it shook back and forth underneath me about 4 times, as if someone slammed the door really hard in slow motion.

edit: Measured as a 3.1

lived in Dallas pretty much my whole life, and even worked in Irving for 3 years...experienced no earthquakes.

Move away to LA last year, and I've been in one so far, but now DFW is getting all the action. Lame
assuming no major damage or injuries, earthquakes are fascinating as hell to me

Hey DFW GAF

Looking at buying a new condo down in Oaklawn/Uptown area.

Any suggestions? Aiming for something fairly small as I don't have the furniture to furnish any place huge. Probably around 800-1000 sq ft 1 bedroom.

I saw a few off Turtle Creek that were sub 200k that I may look at. Right now my lease at Shops at Legacy up in Plano is ridiculous. I will be paying 1420-1450 a month for a place with a garage and I figured a mortgage on a condo will be cheaper with tax savings, allow me to build equity and give me the opportunity to move to Dallas.

I would have to commute back up to Plano but I'm okay with that since I go to Stars games constantly and have to drive down to Dallas most of the year during the hockey season (Season Ticket Holder)

akileese

I'm going to Round One in Arlington this afternoon for some Initial D fun times. If anyone else is going to be there just look for the guy in the Persona shirt.

I've been driving around with the top down all week, then today I had to bust out the shorts.

This is seriously amazing, I hate how it's gonna get cold again this weekend. :(

Pagusas

Elden Member
I've been driving around with the top down all week, then today I had to bust out the shorts.

This is seriously amazing, I hate how it's gonna get cold again this weekend. :(

So is this not normal weather for Dallas in January? Cause my wife and I have both been loving this and feel so glad we left the north for this weather.

Top Bottom