• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas - Fort Worth |OT| The Big D & Cowtown

akileese

Another tornado touched down in Ellis County. I think we're just getting scattered storms here in Denton/Dallas county but as always, be safe and smart everyone.

was at work in farmers branch using the facilities yesterday when the earthquake hit

that was fucked up

Wife said it's been thundering and stuff all day up in Krum

Where the hell is the sun? FFS it feels like I've been living in England this past week.

Seeing lots of lizards outside the house to with all this rain.

Skull_Splosion

Neo Member
I went there very recently. It was pretty great. Me and my wife, and some friends went to the Dallas Museum of Art, the Ft. Worth zoo, and the Asian art exhibit. It was a fun day trip. We didn't partake in any of the awesome BBQ places because we were cheap and ate at Taco Cabana. There's a lot of awesome free stuff to do though. Tons of fun :D

akileese

The weather is great. The rest of you will get your skin scorching summer sun soon.

Denison Dam is about to start spilling over despite the dam itself being open. Was actually waiting for this to happen, though I'm not sure what the full ramifications of this are.

Denison Dam is about to start spilling over despite the dam itself being open. Was actually waiting for this to happen, though I'm not sure what the full ramifications of this are.

Yesterday they said lake Lewisville was a foot under it's spill wall, wonder where it's at now O_O

Joe Pool lake was already overflowing after last weekend's rain. The marina and park in Grand Prairie's side of Joe Pool was actually underwater already. I can't even imagine how much more underwater it is right now.

Downtown Dallas has received 2.5 - 3 inches of rain in the past 24 hours. Insane.

Also the tornado alarms in Downtown are way louder than the suburbs... (they started going off at 2am)

Zebra

I'll be there. Been going to these things since... jeez, 2002? It's crazy how big this thing has gotten, and how many more women and kids attend nowadays.

Yup, and I'll be there as well.

It always leaned on the smaller side until the Avengers happened.
A-kon used to be the biggest geek con in town but this thing eclipsed it real fast. I think last year Comic Con had 50,000 people while A-kon still sits in the 20,000s range.

I'm excited, I missed it last year.

KodaRuss

I heard the tornado alarms last night because I was feeding our 6-week old at 2am. Double checked the weather reports at that time and figured we were ok. I would have slept right through it if it weren't for my son.

This rain has just been incredible. Getting really tough to find time to mow the lawn.

aeolist

Banned
the sirens got me last night, then the wind was actually loud enough to wake me up at one point, and then my phone blared a flash flood warning super loud (didn't even know that was a feature)

not a lot of sleep for me

akileese

Yup, and I'll be there as well.

It always leaned on the smaller side until the Avengers happened.
A-kon used to be the biggest geek con in town but this thing eclipsed it real fast. I think last year Comic Con had 50,000 people while A-kon still sits in the 20,000s range.

I'm excited, I missed it last year.

I'll be there too. Also my buddy told me that QuakeCon started making a comeback last year (and apparently this year too). Is that true? I went two years ago and there was nothing of note there with the exception of the huge ESO booth. It really seemed like if you weren't doing BYOPC, it was a waste of time.

Wreav

Banned
How's Alamo Drafthouse? Never been, only usually see 1-2 movies in theaters a year because I can't stand the crowds/cell phones/kids. Seems like a good option for old fogies like me.

The Beard

How's Alamo Drafthouse? Never been, only usually see 1-2 movies in theaters a year because I can't stand the crowds/cell phones/kids. Seems like a good option for old fogies like me.

Oh hai, I'm in Austin for work and I looked up Alamo DraftHouse because of your post. I saw that they're screening The Room tonight and Tommy Wisseau is going to be there. I've never seen the movie in its entirety, what better time then now ? Thanks.

Wreav

Banned
We think we have it bad, Wimberly got around 13'' of rain in the last 24 hours. The Blanco river flood stage starts at 13', and it was at 40' today, rushing south towards San Marcos.

akileese

We think we have it bad, Wimberly got around 13'' of rain in the last 24 hours. The Blanco river flood stage starts at 13', and it was at 40' today, rushing south towards San Marcos.

I saw that. The Blanco destroyed a bridge over the river didn't it?

I could hear the alarms from around White Rock Lake last night as well. The puppy woke me up just before the alarms went off. They started blaring while we were out on a walk and stopped before I got back inside.

It's fantastic. Generally a twenty-something and up crowd. I recently went there on one of my Monday's off and while there were a few families with kids there, they did a good job of keeping them quiet. Seems like they kept the rules in mind.

Wreav

Banned
Tried out the Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. in Bishop Arts last night, pretty decent. Their definition of "spicy" is pretty tame, though.

Any place with Blood and Honey on tap is OK by me.

C4Lukins

Maybe we could do one if we ever stop getting flash floods, tornado watches/warning and severe thunderstorms!

As always, be safe and stay far away from any bodies of water right now.

My phone kept me up all last night with flood and thunderstorm warnings. Every hour it went off.

Top Bottom