• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas - Fort Worth |OT| The Big D & Cowtown

Zebra

I don't think North End is an eyesore.. Honestly it looks okay from street level and they do a pretty decent job at keeping it spruced up.

Oh I agree they are really nice looking apartments, but they feel stubbornly suburban in an area that is becoming increasingly urban all around it. Urban areas thrive (in part) through walkability, but the North End creates this large impenetrable block that forces people to walk around it to get to the other side. If it were not gated it wouldn't be quite so bad, though it would still be an issue because of the sheer amount of space it's taking up.

I think you'll be really happy with all of the changes coming to your area. It will bring a tooon of new street level retail/restaurants within walking distance.

About to get some flooding in Collin County due to rainfall atop saturated ground. I'm staying inside this weekend anyway, but the report's saying around 3 inches today through tonight. Be safe driving if this affects your area!

I looked on weather.com and they said we have a flash flood watch until Monday lol. Crazy how much rain we're getting this year.

Just read on WFAA weather's Twitter feed that they are sending up a weather balloon and there is no cap. I think we're in for a wild night.

nkEokm1.jpg

I'm going to run my errands now.

Wreav

Banned
Must be a lot of DFW noobies in here. Welcome to literally every spring!

Some places get winter, we get a month of tornadoes and hail.

I wonder if we're finally going to see a "downtown Ft. worth" level storm hit the metroplex tonight. Seems the core of DFW has been relatively spared the past few years.

Must be a lot of DFW noobies in here. Welcome to literally every spring!

Some places get winter, we get a month of tornadoes and hail.

eh, it hasn't been this bad in a while. About a week ago one of the weather guys said that we've already received four times the amount of rain this year than the entirety of last year, and that was before the storms we've gotten this May.

That'll teach you for registering to vote.

I've actually never voted, and I'm 31 years old
QbadP.png

On a side note tho I'm glad that I'm not a cop, I don't think I could hold my temper the way these little richie rich shits drive in the suburbs with their 60k cars that daddy gave them.

Some little shit with his brand new Jeep was driving recklessly through the neighborhood and there's kids that play outside around here.

Dude needs an ass whooping before he hurts someone
ufdup.png

MickD

I work as the daktronics operator at lone star park. We in the basement and I feel safe. Kinda worried about the doggy at home thou..

Edit-I doubt this is going to happen. Weatherman got people trippin'

I work as the daktronics operator at lone star park. We in the basement and I feel safe. Kinda worried about the doggy at home thou..

Edit-I doubt this is going to happen. Weatherman got people trippin'

Wait wait, they told everybody to take cover in Lone Star Park?

I live close there, around 161 and I-20 and there ain't shit here and the worst thing we'll probably get is lightning and hail.

It's currently in Aledo right now according to Fox 4 and I've got a couple of friends in downtown Fort Worth for Untapped and they're still going on with the festivities.

My other buddies are at Gexa for Lana Del Ray and that's still going on too.

MickD

Oh no. We're just hanging out till it starts, The races are still going just standing by, looks like another 30 minutes or so till it hits. Seems to just be high wind and storm now.

Wish I went to untapped today, De la soul was there + my buddy that works at community!

Y'all staying safe out there?

They apparently sounded the sirens about an hour ago around Lewisville and there's damage but it's looking like straightline winds instead of an actual tornado.

I'm not even supposed to be up right now but the damn lightning was too much and actually tripped the circuit breaker in my house lol. Probably my fault though as I've got my TV watching the weather and my PC with 2 monitors watching the F1 Spanish Grand Prix on one monitor and the other just browsing around haha.

It was pretty bad going through Euless. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some damage.

Looks like there was.

And yet the threat continues.

So after 3 years of praying to the gods to end the drought, they answer our prayers in the most ridiculous fashion. I'm all for rain but fnck these hail and tornado watches. Been here for 10+ years and April and May are my most hated months of the year. Most of us can't live in peace due to the severe weather threat.

It doesn't help that I've got some ties to the local news media and the information overload from the news about the weather kinda shoots up the anxiety when all this stuff is going on lol.

Anyway, if the weathermen are correct... we've got about 8 more hours to go til this stuff passes over. Yaaaay.

The Arboretum might be worth visiting too. Just depends on the weather.

This thread also contains a solid selection of restaurants to choose from too.

The Fort Worth botanical gardens are great to, took my ex gf there a couple of years ago and was surprised at how large it was.

I think it might actually be larger than the Arboretum.

Wreav

Banned
Anyone ever photographed the skyline from across the Trinity? I'd like to get a shot while the river is up, no clue where folks get their shots from.

Anyone ever photographed the skyline from across the Trinity? I'd like to get a shot while the river is up, no clue where folks get their shots from.

Can't you do that at that bridge alongside large Marge?

The one they turned into a pedestrian only bridge?

You mean the drainage ditch that Dallas built that dumb bridge between downtown and the junkyards over? I guess it was good that something came out of the Trinity Riverwalk boondoggle.

Had Rodeo Goat for the first time last night. Their Whiskey Burger was pretty good, but they have a special right now called the Joe Dirt and it was awesome. I highly recommend heading their way to get it before it's not on the menu anymore.

Top Bottom