• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dana Carvey: Critics' Choice <-- the best stand up comedy ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

seriously! i've been watching this for, what, about 10 years now? i know every joke before its coming, and yet i keep bursting into laughter. specially the "fraaaaaaame OJ" part.

"now look here 007, this here is an ordinary monte blanc pen, but when you press this LEVER, its able to squirt blood, through the windshield, onto the console of an ordinary ford bronco!"

i've been watching lots of stand up over the years, but nothing really comes close to this. makes me wonder, what the hell happened to him??

Miguel

Carvey had...cancer? I think. He overcame it...whatever it was...made a small comeback, starred in "Master of Disguise" and faded into Bolivian.[/Dibble]

Ristamar

That stand-up act was hilarious, a timeless classic. It's a shame all of his movies sucked, especially since that special demonstrated he can be genuinely funny.

Miguel

Cerebral Palsy said:
Dana Carvey is an unfunny piece of shit. Everything since Wayne's World and SNL... Makes me want to slit my wrists. Ugh.

Oh...no...you...just...fucking...didn't.

explodet

Miguel said:
Carvey had...cancer? I think.
It was a heart condition. Went under the knife.... hmmm, 6 operations?
Comedian Dana Carvey's heart condition was anything but funny. Several years ago, the former Saturday Night Live star had recurring chest pain from angina, or restricted blood flow to the heart. He underwent three angioplasties to unblock a coronary artery and keep it open. But each operation failed.

Desperate for relief, he underwent a double bypass operation in 1998. But the chest pains continued without improvement.

So Carvey went in for another angiogram to find the source of recurring angina. And that's when the problem was discovered. Carvey's surgeon, who had reportedly performed thousands of the operations, had bypassed the wrong artery.
He sued for malpractice, and got a settlement.

Miguel

Ok, CP. Go back to trolling Madden.

Yeah, that's what it was explodet. It escaped my mind. Man, that's fucked, bypassed the wrong artery? Jesus.

That comedy hour is fucking golden though.

nitewulf said:
seriously! i've been watching this for, what, about 10 years now? i know every joke before its coming, and yet i keep bursting into laughter.
Yes! I too have seen this more times than is healthy. Along with Bill Cosby: Himself.

100-year-old Man said:
I don't have that one; I've got Megator! That's Megati! You can tell cause the index finger is crooked slightly differently. Megator, Megati, Megaty, Megatoo. Every time I click it's 9.95 to you. Now, buy me that useless piece of plastic or I think I feel a tantrum coming on.

Miguel

LOL

Man, I'm downloading the vid on Kazaa right now. LOL

GAWWWD...I slept til noon and I'm STILL tired...Maybe I'll go to starbucks and get a MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO

"Uh huh....starbucks....nonononon, put that down...frappiccino.....nonononono...don't ...no no...don't"

Or something like that. I haven't seen it in about a year.

nitewulf

well, yeah, hence i am wondering what happened to him...as he hasnt been funny. i mean the whole part with the guitarists and their poses is hilarious.

*folk singer*
"she's my ladaaaaaay, she's my little...ladyaaaaaa"
*looks to the left, then slowly loosk to the right*

THEY ACTUALLY DO THAT!!!

or the johnny cochran impression:
"your honor is a wise man, i think thats pretty clear. he's a good-looking man. a handsome man. your honor is a gorgeous man. if i was a homosexual man, i'd want to have sex with your honor. we could have naked time. your honor is wise, ITO has three letters, GOD has three letters, cant just be a coincidence!"

Miguel said:
Ok, CP. Go back to trolling Madden.

Yeah, that's what it was explodet. It escaped my mind. Man, that's fucked, bypassed the wrong artery? Jesus.

That comedy hour is fucking golden though.

I haven't even been trolling Madden.

I feel bad he had a heart condition.

He is still unfunny. The people around him made him look good on SNL/Wayne's World. While looking at his filmography, on imdb, I had to rush into the bathroom... It wasn't pretty. Coincidence? I think not.

masterofdisguise.jpg

"Am I not turtley enough for the turtle club? Turtle, turtle, turtle!"

Socreges

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Tangentially, the extremely-short-lived Dana Carvey Show had early appearances by Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert.
They also wrote for the show. So did Dave Chappelle, Charlie Kaufman, Robert Smigel, Jon Glaser, and some other well-credited writers.

I remember enjoying the show. I can see why. All-star writing cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom