• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dana confirms: no Ronda Rousey at UFC 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I'll certainly admit that she looks funny/absurd in this GIF, but what is she supposed to be doing to look professional? All I can see is that her wrists are tethered to some kind of machine, probably with weights attached....are we laughing at poor form, or just how absurd some kinds of exercise look when taken out of context?

I'm not sure context would help that particular routine make sense.

A Rousey rematch probably sells enough tickets on its' own, so I understand not wanting to burn it on 200.

Plus, there's the fact Holm is defending the belt in March. If she loses, this gives the UFC the chance to bill two big Rousey comeback fights instead of one. The rematch + Reclaiming the title.

rJTwBdh.gif

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

rJTwBdh.gif

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

Wonder if Ronda Rousey will release her own training videos like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'LL BUY 1000 COPIES

Chiggs

Gold Member
I really don't like her chances against Holm. It's clear that she cannot take a punch, and got progressively worse as the fight went on.

The fear factor is gone when facing her; she's better off working on her acting skills.

She's gonna pull a Gina Carano. Mark my words, she won't officially announce her retirement but you won't see her fight any time soon.

Once everyone shits on her acting ability and that Road house remake they're making. She'll either come back for another paycheck in MMA, or disappear for good after a failed acting career.

Good riddance, stay away.

"Nobody has done more for ufc"

Uhhh Ken Shamrock, Liddel, Couture etc etc

without Tito Ortiz, it would've folded long before Zuffa bought it.

I see nothing wrong with this. You glue your leading ear to your shoulder so they can't hit it, and you flick your wrists to make the punches go faster. Your eyes just look wherever; that part's not important. Textbook technique.

her form is shit, not to mention those punches aren't even accurate. Every single one is off compared to the one before it. Love the half-assed uppercut.

Zampano

rJTwBdh.gif

What in the fuck is this shit? This gif cannot be real..

She is drilling judo entries using Uchikomi bands to simulate a training partner. It's a common method for improving reflexivity.

She is doing it fine. It is nothing like the boxing gifs, which are hilarious.

But I'll leave you guys to your circle jerk.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I see nothing wrong with this. You glue your leading ear to your shoulder so they can't hit it, and you flick your wrists to make the punches go faster. Your eyes just look wherever; that part's not important. Textbook technique.

It looks pretty sloppy, man.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Well a few people took the bait i see....

Wow, truly a master stroke. Writing something that could be taken a few different ways, and then sitting back and watching the dominos fall. Is there a mustache twirl involved, too? Perhaps an executive leather chair to lean back in with a subdued smile?

PERSONAL BENCHMARK/INTERNET WIT METRIC ACHIEVED

I don't see how her stand up game could be improved enough in 1 year to beat Holm, let alone avoid a second humiliating defeat.

if that fight ever happens, you can bet on her going back to her judo roots the moment the fight starts.

the thing is, Holly Holm is actually strong enough to prevent that from happening, and will get dominated the same in a rematch.

Dana White and Co. are likely praying that Miesha Tate will defeat Holm, giving Rousey an easy road to the belt.

without Tito Ortiz, it would've folded long before Zuffa bought it.

100% the truth.

Ronda was never meant to act. She's horrible at it and that career is just not going to happen.

She's still the second best at 135 and I can easily see her coming back and beating Holm, but only if she gets a new camp and really works on her technique and gameplan. So, what I'm saying is she'll probably stick with Edmond, get beat by Holly again, then retire.

Not the first time I've seen this account pretend to be her.

What's the deal anyway?

just noticed that account.

.....Every post under that account is pretending to be her, very try hard.

She's actually a Pokemon fan, and a DBZ fan, and you see quite a few posts about pokemon and DBZ.

Not to mention posting her dog pics in the dog thread...

That's some dedication for very little pay off.

In the words of Mitch Hedberg "Man, just be yourself."

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm a sucker for comeback stories, so part of me wants to see her come back, surprise Holm with a hold and have her tap.

But lets face it, that's unlikely to happen. More likely, she gets rekt again, retires and falls off of the face of the Earth after ruining what remains of her stock.

She might be better off retiring now and sticking to a career of TV show guest spots.

oneils

Can't wait for someone to paint out the bands and stick her in the gif with the raver girls jerking off imaginary dicks.

Well, White said in the OP that the film was pushed back. I'm just being pessimistic that it'll ever see release. The only thing it had going for it was the fact Rousey would be playing Dalton, and now Rousey's more or less considered fraudulent. So I doubt the filmmakers will be pushing forward. They'll just quietly push back filming, and then push it back again, and then like 3 years later someone will be like "Remember when there was gonna be a Road House remake?"

Wait, rousey was going to be the lead? I thought she had a supporting role. This movie would be terrible.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
But lets face it, that's unlikely to happen. More likely, she gets rekt again, retires and falls off of the face of the Earth after ruining what remains of her stock.

Good job at setting Holly up on the exact same pedestal that Ronda just got knocked off!

No matter how good Holly's stand-up is, she's always going to be vulnerable on the mat because that part of her game is not at nearly the same level as her boxing.

Bottom line is a fight's a fight; upsets happen to the most experienced and skilled competitors.

She is drilling judo entries using Uchikomi bands to simulate a training partner. It's a common method for improving reflexivity.

She is doing it fine. It is nothing like the boxing gifs, which are hilarious.

But I'll leave you guys to your circle jerk.

aww but you dont want to join in on the bashing things we dont understand fun?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Good job at setting Holly up on the exact same pedestal that Ronda just got knocked off!

No matter how good Holly's stand-up is, she's always going to be vulnerable on the mat because that part of her game is not at nearly the same level as her boxing.

Bottom line is a fight's a fight; upsets happen to the most experienced and skilled competitors.

Upsets happen but there was nothing about their first fight that would suggest something different can occur. It was prolific and simple to dissect. Keep her standing and punch her face in. It's that simple.

Good, Rousey lost all her appeal now that she lost, kinda like Broner after Maidana beat him up. I am more interested in watching Mc going up a class in UFC 197.

spookyfish

Good. She needs time to train. She needs to find a good stand up coach and a bit more time, especially considering how badly she was injured. She still has a good chance if she can get Holm to the ground.

I wonder if she'll stay with her camp? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom