• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
If Makoto dies, I'll become Ultimate Despair
I just want all of the original cast to survive, although I doubt that'll happen.

I can agree with this. She was my favorite since the very beginning, and I had so much anxiety throughout the first game.
Ha, same. I was so salty when it looked like she was going to get executed for Sakura's death.

Is there anyway to watch this in the UK? Funimation is US only and no-one else seems to be showing it here.
Yup, via Funimation Now. For some reason the app on the PS4 only works for US subscribers but you can easily watch stuff via the web browser.

Y'know its kind of hard to get a feel for all these characters on a time limit of 20 minutes. One is already dead ffs.

lmao at Hagakure being trapped outside though

I thought the opener was quite good. The red blood and "super high school level" monikers were a bit lame, but I thought everything else was great. The bracelets felt like a nod to Zero Escape to me.

Already looking forward to the next episode.

I thought the opener was quite good. The red blood and "super high school level" monikers were a bit lame, but I thought everything else was great. The bracelets felt like a nod to Zero Escape to me.

The bracelets were used for the first time in UDG, it's something directly imported from Zero Escape, not just a nod

The bracelets were used for the first time in UDG, it's something directly imported from Zero Escape, not just a nod
I know, I meant because they have the timers now. Gave me ZTD vibes.

In UDG, they were purely explosive devices/trackers with no other functionality.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Toko - Did you play Ultra Despair Girls? Answer is in that.

Byakuya - Who knows.
I did play Ultra Despair Girls, but why would the culprit not include them in this Killing Game? You would think that they would leave no loose ends. Besides I know I saw a picture of Toko's Design for this anime but nothing for Byakuya.

Yep the Zero escape stuff was good to see, the bracelets for everyone plus the tear gas for knocking everyone out.
The timer on the bracelets, I'm guessing something bad happens it reaches zero or it resets everytime someone is killed.

I did play Ultra Despair Girls, but why would the culprit not include them in this Killing Game? You would think that they would leave no loose ends. Besides I know I saw a picture of Toko's Design for this anime but nothing for Byakuya.

I don't think Toko and Byakuya are FF squad heads. i think they are all under Kyoko.

edit: well toko is just an intern. Not sure about Byakuya

PK Gaming

Episode 1

That was... shockingly competent? Outside of the no pink blood, nothing really strikes me as particular egregious. Things could always change of course, but i'm feeling pretty good about the anime atm.

Permanently A

giphy.gif

What a disgustingly hype OP. Fucking hell.

Pedersen

Didn't know anything about this before seeing it now and was really let down for it seemed like they were going for some boring betrayal storyline, and then BAM! Back to the series I love so much! Now I'm really looking forward to the next

For some reason it doesn't seem to be showing up on the PS4 app for me :(

Oh well, hopefully it shows up by the time I get off work.

Wow at that intro and OP.
Monaca confirmed to appear in this, then? I hope so.

OH MY GOD THERE'S A ULTIMATE
HOUSEKEEPER YASSS

Rich!

Pretty awesome start

Blonde guy is a total cunt, which likely means he'll turn into a favourite at some point

Curious as to who is behind monokuma this time, and who the traitor is. And...what the fuck is Hiro doing whilst all this is kicking off?

Also, Tarako's upupupupupupupu is sorely lacking compared to oyama's. Sigh

Rich!

Looks like Yasuhiro is gonna be the man on the outside.

He's the only one in the opening credits that doesn't have the monokuma bracelet on. All others are pictured with it on. so...he's not in the killing game?

Best character keeps on winning

Edit: proof.

6dc1da163b.jpg

Every other character is shown with a monokuma bracelet. Not Hiro.

He's the only one in the opening credits that doesnt have the monokuma bracelet on in the sequence. He's not in the killing game.

If by "man on the outside" you mean he'll complain a lot and inadvertently impede Byakuya once he shows up to save the day.

The crystal ball breaking right after "show me Makoto's future" isn't good though.

Rich!

If by "man on the outside" you mean he'll complain a lot and inadvertently impede Byakuya once he shows up to save the day.

The crystal ball breaking right after "show me Makoto's future" isn't good though.

"Man on the outside" as in oblivious as per usual heh

So, Hiro isn't in the game. But 16 students are listed as participants inside the building. That leaves one extra - the one behind monokuma, right?

Permanently A

He's the only one in the opening credits that doesn't have the monokuma bracelet on. All others are pictured with it on. so...he's not in the killing game?

Well, this is your chance kodaka. redeem this insufferable lout. pull an Andy Dwyer, I believe in you

"Man on the outside" as in oblivious as per usual heh

So, Hiro isn't in the game. But 16 students are listed as participants inside the building. That leaves one extra - the one behind monokuma, right?

The 16th student is clearly
Chisa's twin sister who's the one that died this episode

Rich!

The 16th student is clearly
Chisa's twin sister who's the one that died this episode

Heh

Let's go one further...

eisLJOOh.jpg

Miyaya is the original chiaki, maybe? Ultimate therapist did work on the Neo World Program after all. And what better way to stay unnoticed than to kill the one person who would recognise you (your old teacher) before anyone else?

MSMrRound

Was more than okay with that first episode.

Kishi might be directing it but at least we have the original creator's writing in the mix.

So...*crossing my fingers* that it will turn out to be overall decent as a whole.

Now to wait for Thursday for the Despair side.

Permanently A

Months later and I'm still not over it. I mean, it hurt real bad. I don't get why, either, as when I look at it the signs should've been there and she's a bit too perfect. But still. God, it's like one of the worst deaths ever for me.

I know exactly what you mean. The whole time I was like "this character is waifubait and I'm not falling for it." and then I fell for it. fuck

T-Rex.

Banned
I hope the mastermind is the ghost of Junko being chanelled through Hiro's psychic abilities.

The more Junko the better

DNAbro

Enjoyed the first episode a ton. I'm curious how it's going to work episode to episode.

We got one dead body and now what? Is it whodunnit like the games? Wouldn't really make sense for bodies to keep piling up though and no reason to kill has been established.

Also those bracelets gave me a huge Zero Escape vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if they got direct inspiration from it.

Also found this on the DR subreddit. A translation from a famitsu articled that gives a bit more insight to what will be happening
http://jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/147000260398/weekly-famitsu-report

The two most interesting things from it are
The focus of Mirai-hen will be on the Future Foundation base, and the final killing game there. Apparently Kodaka wanted to write a killing game that centered more on the characters. “Everyone sleeps after a fixed amount of time passes and wakes up to find someone dead, similar to the rules of Werewolf.”

Also! Every character has an “NG Code” (No Good Code) which if they violate, they die. I wonder if these will be uniform or tailored specifically to each person

Permanently A

Enjoyed the first episode a ton. I'm curious how it's going to work episode to episode.

We got one dead body and now what? Is it whodunnit like the games? Wouldn't really make sense for bodies to keep piling up though and no reason to kill has been established.

Also those bracelets gave me a huge Zero Escape vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if they got direct inspiration from it.

Also found this on the DR subreddit. A translation from a famitsu articled that gives a bit more insight to what will be happening
http://jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/147000260398/weekly-famitsu-report

The two most interesting things from it are
The focus of Mirai-hen will be on the Future Foundation base, and the final killing game there. Apparently Kodaka wanted to write a killing game that centered more on the characters. “Everyone sleeps after a fixed amount of time passes and wakes up to find someone dead, similar to the rules of Werewolf.”

Also! Every character has an “NG Code” (No Good Code) which if they violate, they die. I wonder if these will be uniform or tailored specifically to each person

inb4 asahina's NG code is no donuts and she murders everyone else by herself

I was rolling my eyes at
them being put in a killing game because I thought the anime would stay away from the formula, only for everyone to be put in a killing game.

Then
the chandelier scene happened
. Okay, I'm totally on board.

6dc1da163b.jpg

The fucking worst.

UberTag

I just want all of the original cast to survive, although I doubt that'll happen.
I fully expected them to go the DR2 route and make Hina or Hiro the first victim to spare us on development.
That said, the episode did make the first victim painfully obvious.
They're not all surviving. I'm fairly certain of that. Hell, I suspect one of them may wind up as a killer.

While being a series vs. a game does compromise pacing and character development, it does facilitate the possibility of making Naegi a shock death partway through. He doesn't need to be our player character here.

Just T

Future Volume: 1

It's great to have some new Danganronpa.
The OP is straight even with it's foreboding nature. Naegi and co looking good in their suits. Some members in the Future Foundation are a bit more hostile than I was expecting, not liking Juzo at all. Chisa was pretty nice though but looked what happened to her. It was interesting knowing she taught the DR2 cast though so it's going to be neat, well maybe bittersweet to see her in Despair Volume. The new Monokuma voice isn't bad, maybe slightly jarring but not bad at all. Wonder who is behind Monokuma this time, couldn't be Monaka could it? Well at least I hope not. Wasn't really feeling the ED though but it also has the foreboding nature to it as well. Hopefully Naegi, Kirigiri, and Asahina can make it out of this in one piece, really don't want them to lose this time around either. Also hopefully we get a hint as to what Togami, Toko, and Komaru are up to soon. This darker mood is going to be something.

That intro and the theme were hype as fuck. I was totally on board to begin with, but that totally put everything in the right mood. First episode was strong, and I'm cautiously optimistic for things moving forward.

Going in I didn't expect Chisa to be the first to die, because of the trailers. I'm expecting her to have a bigger role on the Despair side now (although I guess that's kind of obvious given she was their teacher).

Lmao at Hiro seemingly being the person to escape the killing game. Dumb luck pulls through yet again. Guess that also means that the mastermind is hiding in the building as the 16th participant, a la DR1.

The anime going with red over pink blood was a bummer, and I'm definitely one of the people who prefer Ultimate over SHSL. Other than that, so far so good

FStubbs

To me that always seemed like there were two components to the AI rather than two AIs in general. I suppose it's a possible twist at this point, but that seems like it'd be too immediately obvious to me.

Monokuma being Junko wouldn't be the twist or even really the puzzle. It's who's working with Monokuma that should be considered the mastermind.

After watching the remnants of despair opening part some of their SHSL abilities are funny.

Despair swordsman, despair yakuza, despair princess, Despair nurse. Those make sense.

Then you have despair cook, despair photographer, despair animal breeder and despair traditional Japanese dancer.

FStubbs

After watching the remnants of despair opening part some of their SHSL abilities are funny.

Despair swordsman, despair yakuza, despair princess, Despair nurse. Those make sense.

Then you have despair cook, despair photographer, despair animal breeder and despair traditional Japanese dancer.

Despair animal breeder is pretty lethal from the opening there. Good grief.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey, the first episode was pretty decent. The introduction of 10ish new characters in about 2min was a little rushed, but that's understandable.

Grexeno

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Future Arc 01

I'm preparing myself for how bad I think this is going to be. But I'm in it for the long haul.

Monokuma seems awfully......reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom