• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

uh guys... does mitarai have red eyes here?

tumblr_oc5ha3AOPz1snjsoqo2_400.png

FluxWaveZ

Sure, that's a bit ambiguous, but I can go with it. Then again, every DR2 character in the new opening has been modified to have red(dish) eyes.

bruh, does that long black hair remind you of someone?

latest

The possibility has floated around sometime. When the anime reaches around the time of Zero we may have our answer.

Yeah, perhaps not the most high quality and hard evidence but it could still be valid and it may be even be a clue.

That meeting with Junko (and her reaction) has to mean something. I believe that we are getting some answers about this in the next Future episode. And probably a new murder.

Also, do you guys remember that wall of japanese text that Chisa found? It was translated for the world to see further evidence about how scummy the Steering Committee was in everything surrounding the Kamukura Project.

After reading the responses to last week's despair episode and this week's future episode I feel like I should stop reading this thread because yall are too smart with some of these predictions.

the biggest clue is Junko had the same thought with Mitarai that she had with Kamakura.

That meeting with Junko (and her reaction) has to mean something. I believe that we are getting some answers about this in the next Future episode. And probably a new murder.

Also, do you guys remember that wall of japanese text that Chisa found? It was translated for the world to see further evidence about how scummy the Steering Committee was in everything surrounding the Kamukura Project.

I completely agree. IMHO Mitarai will have some major character development related to Junko and despair/hope the coming episodes, probably revealing his true allegiance.

Nice find on the translation btw.

Did anyone see this post from Reddit?

68mv9E2.jpg

bG2w0St.jpg

iOE3sqG.jpg

This sure seems like the SHSL animator is creating the Despair Arc anime.

Would Kodaka really go for a twist this meta?

h0tp0ck3t

So Ruruka definitely forcefed Izayoi some candy, which triggered his bracelet, right?

Seems likely, and then she tried to cover it up. There's a small amount of blood on his eye that looks like it was wiped away and Kyoko found make up / concealer on his face.

Edit:
Pretty sure about that too. I think she forcefed him candy and when he died of poison, she wiped away the blood from his eye, covered the discoloration with makeup, and used the missing knife from Seiko's corpse to frame the traitor.

That's why she just so happened to be near his corpse and obviously tried to delay Kirigiri's investigation.

I completely agree. IMHO Mitarai will have some major character development related to Junko and despair/hope the coming episodes, probably revealing his true allegiance.

Nice find on the translation btw.

Would Kodaka really go for a twist this meta?

I'd Say he's chronicling his time at Hope's Peak...too bad he's not spending anytime living it.

Just T

Future Volume: 6

This episode was great. So it's Izayoi who's gone now, ah well never liked his character but what about that secret entrance he found earlier. Still sucks Seiko is gone though. Ruruka isn't as devastated as I thought she would be. Guessing Monaca is re-motivating Naegi so she can try and tear him down later. Got a laugh out of Asahina catching her off guard. Unfortunate that Miaya got the Yuto treatment. Those last scenes were pure hype overall though seeing Togami, Komaru, and Toko again. Seeing Izuru was surprising though, guess Hinata lost.

Despair Volume: 6

Pretty good as well. I like the changes to the opening. Having Hinata slowly fading out is a nice touch, the way Chisa hair is in the opining has always stood out to me, and lastly the Chiaki smile, sad that's her goodbye smile, give it a few more eps. The bulk of the DR2 cast still isn't really that entertaining tbh. Junko scenes are still really good, I thought she was Chisa for a second while she was cooking and the conversation with Izuru was very interesting. Not as interesting as that last scene though, that was unexpected, wonder what role Mitarai is going to play. Ah, went back and read the Ikusaba DR-Zero part I needed refreshing on and yeah it slowly came back.

Has anyone discussed just how significant it is that Mitarai caught her eye as much as he did

To me that means that he is Ultimate Despair - and not just Class 77 levels, he's Junko/Mukuro levels, no doubt about it

Busaiku

Granted I'm only 2 rpisodes in, but it still feels crazy how much less fantastical Makoto's story is compared to the Remnants of Despair.
Yea, they're getting murdered by toy bears that are controlled by a ghost or something, but the Goodbye Despair cast still have superpowers.

Luigi87

So time to lay a truth bomb.

Sato didn't kill Fuyuhiko's little sister...

It was Mukuro.

Evidence: Some girl going around claiming she's the ultimate Little Sister... Well Mukuro hears wind of that and thinks "What bitch thinks she can call herself that?" Since we all know she would believe that only Junko deserves that title...

Yep. It was all a setup.

HNNNG WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!?!? Guys, how much longer is this gonna go on? I'm in so much despair right now because this is so good and I don't want it to end but on the other hand I do want it to end so I can know what happens. GAH! It's like this feeling is driving me insane. I want to skip ahead to the end of the book but the pages are blank. Somebody help me.

Luigi87

HNNNG WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!?!? Guys, how much longer is this gonna go on? I'm in so much despair right now because this is so good and I don't want it to end but on the other hand I do want it to end so I can know what happens. GAH! It's like this feeling is driving me insane. I want to skip ahead to the end of the book but the pages are blank. Somebody help me.
Six more weeks, iirc. We're halfway through the series now.

UberTag

What if

Chisa and Junko swapped roles before DR1. Both Junkos in DR1 were Mukuro and Chisa

Chisa in DR 3 was Junko

Or not
Heh... you talked yourself out of that silliness because what would be the point of a corrupted Remnant Chisa taking the fall for Junko in DR1's finale only for Junko to spend years masuqerading as Chisa in the Future Foundation and to then get killed off as the first victim in the DR3 killing game. That wouldn't make any sense, right?

But let's take this one step further to MAKE this wacky theory into something plausible.

What if - like the Despair sisters - Chisa has a twin.

What if - Chisa gets corrupted by Junko through the process of corrupting the 77th class into being loyal Remnants of Despair post-Chiaki death. We already suspect this will be the case for Ryota given their encounter last week.

What if - after being corrupted and disclosing to Junko that she has a twin sister, Junko persuades the newly corrupted Chisa into sacrificing her twin to serve a greater purpose of fostering Despair across the globe. I mean, Junko sacrificed her twin for the cause so why shouldn't Chisa?

Chisa's twin gets propped up as a Junko stand-in during Junko's self-imposed execution at the end of DR1. Her corpse gets surgically dismantled by the Remnants (or molested by Mikan) and they go on about terrorizing humanity.

So now we have Chisa (corrupted as a remnant) going undercover as a mole in the Future Foundation and Junko (masquerading as Chisa's no longer alive twin) with a perfect alibi. This part's not as far-fetched because Chisa could easily keep up the charade herself in her high profile role as Future Foundation mole. Let's assume Ryota serves in a similar capacity.

What if the trio plot the DR3 killing game together so they can take out the Future Foundation and the recently reformed Remnants of Despair in one fell swoop and - like DR1 - Junko sacrifices her loyal henchwoman to kick off the killing game in grand fashion. Chisa is dead and that's legitimately her body that Munakata stabbed in Despair 6 last week.

But Junko... Junko is STILL ALIVE. Disguised as Chisa's twin hiding out in the Jabberwock Island movie theater munching on popcorn while intersplicing her own direct feed of the events of the DR3 killing game with Ryota's first draft of the Despair arc anime which she contracted him to make. She, like us, is watching BOTH arcs at the same time and alternating between them until circumstances dictate that she reveal herself during the final act.

So, how's that for a crazy scenario?

Has Juzo ever made explicit hints that he loves Chisa

Because if he hasn't, I'm voting that he loves Munakata
Chisa died and he didn't give a fuck

I was like "huh" when he said that but I think it's mostly that he feels like a third wheel and that Chisa and Munakata are so in love with each other that they'll eventually just leave him behind.

Luigi87

Chisa died and he didn't give a fuck

I was like "huh" when he said that but I think it's mostly that he feels like a third wheel and that Chisa and Munakata are so in love with each other that they'll eventually just leave him behind.

Well he did say "Of all people, why did it have to be her?"

Being said, watching ep 2 dubbed now, and I forgot in the scene where they point to the one they suspect, Kizakura immediately pointed to Gekkougahara.
Detects no talent in that robot!

UberTag

Being said, watching ep 2 dubbed now, and I forgot in the scene where they point to the one they suspect, Kizakura immediately pointed to Gekkougahara.
Detects no talent in that robot!
The other amusing part about that scene is that when Makoto gets singled out as the most suspicious he's actually NOT being singled out. He just happens to be right in between the feuding trio as Seiko is pointing towards Ruruka and Izayoi and they're both pointing at her.

Juzo is the only vote being cast against Makoto for being the traitor. (Apart from Munakata himself, of course.)

Luigi87

The other amusing part about that scene is that when Makoto gets singled out as the most suspicious he's actually NOT being singled out. He just happens to be right in between the feuding trio as Seiko is pointing towards Ruruka and Izayoi and they're both pointing at her.

Juzo is the only vote being cast against Makoto for being the traitor. (Apart from Munakata himself, of course.)

Good catch! lol, I actually failed to pick up on that again.

Caught up with the dub.

Chisa's actress was good in future, but she really shines in despair. She's seriously fantastic in the role, and perfectly captures the character.

Most of the DR2 cast are great, and holdovers from the game. The new voices (Akane, Fuyuhiko, Gundham, Ibuki, and Peko) are also surprisingly good. I do prefer their game voices, but the new ones are all suitable replacements. And Chiaki's actress has done a great job. At first I thought she might be a new voice actress, but the way she's differentiated the AI and real Chiaki voices is actually a nice touch that she's added to the character.

Some of the people sound like they grew into their role and improved over the course of episodes 2-4. Tengan in particular felt like he improved in the second future episode. Kyosuke still sounds a bit uneven at times (both of his cold open lines feel stilted to me), but he's getting better.

Overall, I think Funi is doing a great job with the dub so far. Much better than the first anime. They've gotten a great cast, and they've done a good job translating. Some of the newer lines convey and foreshadow things better and add more personality to the characters. I would definitely recommend the dub.

bruh, does that long black hair remind you of someone?

latest

I think people were bringing this up when Chisa's Ultimate ability was first announced. I seem to recall that got brought up again when she was revealed to be in Despair Side.

Luigi87

Just finished Despair 2 dub and I definitely agree. It seems everyone has really gotten into their roles at this point (whether they've been 2-4 eps as you said) and their delivery is great. I also quite enjoy some of the dialogue choices.

Chiaki's "Everyone's so aggro. No multiplayer vibe." (instead of "Everyone's crazy. They don't get along together at all.") line killed me.

Just a damn shame that, as per usual, their dub can't use actual titles of things due to copyrights, so they had to change the name of Double Dragon II.

Despair 6

RIP Hajime who only appeared in like 4 episodes. Izuru already had the long hair at birth :p New intro?! Updated Hiyoko! And Hajime blinking now that Izuru exists D: Ow Chiaki waiting for Hajime :/ The Reserve Guys seem like perfectly normal guys. WHY R THEY SO HATED BY CHISA?! Hahaha Peko x Fuyuhiko is supported by their classmates. I can't remember very well but didn’t some high members of the school started dying in Zero? Or were they in a different position than trustees? So Juzo IS jealous of Munakata and Chisa! IN YOUR FACE!! xDDDD poor Nagito. aHHH Junko really looked like Chisa there D: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Wow so she and Izuru meet this early? GET REKT JUNKO. Super analytical abilities :D just like her fake identity from Zero. Poor Ryota D: so I suppose Junko recognized the difference between Ryota and the fake Ryota? I just hope Ryota doesn't turn out to be the traitor or something. The animation was really good in this episode imo

I think that her reaction to the Reserve Course is to represent just how awful talent elitism is, and that when you have it all, becoming a normal person is to them what going from "normal person" to "homeless" is.

Capndrake

Future 7

Pretty boring episode, really. At least we got some Another Episode music.

Apparently there's a survivor from a previous killing game nobody knew about? Chiaki? Junko? (Please no)

EDIT
Apparently people misheard and someone who survived a previous killing game is going to die, that would explain the Kyoko bit at the end. Probably misleading though, inb4 it's Yasuhiro

Demoli

Future 7

Thats the closure for AE i guess.

Also
I think the survivor is someone from the first killing game, and Munakata is coming back to HPA in Despair right? He could be him, Or chiaki or anyone else fromt he student's council right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom