• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

Naegi's platitudes really do suck. I think it's supposed to be taken as the absolute furthest you can stretch the morally just hero's want to believe everyone is truly good deep down inside and can be saved. He tried to save JUNKO ffs, and she was disgusted he'd even try. Yeah Batman wants to help the Joker, Two-Face and Poison Ivy. But even Batman would have to reconsider if they killed millions upon millions and brought the world to the brink of ruin, but Makoto and Komaru don't and really, that's just stupid. What I'm surprised about is Kyoko and Byakuya were in agreement with him on it.
I mean, let's just remember that Naegis plan to 'save' the remnants was complete personality re-write which included deleting not just the time spent in despair but also their first year at hopes peak, which for most was likely one of the best times of their life.

Like, he didn't just say "They might be good though", his plan was to literally brainwash them into being good people again. And you can't really say that he was just reverting them, because Komaeda, Fuyuhiko and arguably Peko were never good people.

Im not sure their ever talk about it, but what Neagi did was ethically disgusting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Naegi's platitudes really do suck. I think it's supposed to be taken as the absolute furthest you can stretch the morally just hero's want to believe everyone is truly good deep down inside and can be saved. He tried to save JUNKO ffs, and she was disgusted he'd even try. Yeah Batman wants to help the Joker, Two-Face and Poison Ivy. But even Batman would have to reconsider if they killed millions upon millions and brought the world to the brink of ruin, but Makoto and Komaru don't and really, that's just stupid. What I'm surprised about is Kyoko and Byakuya were in agreement with him on it.

I mean, let's just remember that Naegis plan to 'save' the remnants was complete personality re-write which included deleting not just the time spent in despair but also their first year at hopes peak, which for most was likely one of the best times of their life.

Like, he didn't just say "They might be good though", his plan was to literally brainwash them into being good people again. And you can't really say that he was just reverting them, because Komaeda, Fuyuhiko and arguably Peko were never good people.

Im not sure their ever talk about it, but what Neagi did was ethically disgusting.

Yeah, i have problem with what Naegi did, but on the other hand, he genuinely believe remnant of despair to be another victim of Junko, and if he did manage to revert them, they be an useful asset to restore the world. But then again, there's Komaeda. dude is unsalvageable. He's beyond broken, the true joker of the series.

The_Kid

I mean, I figured Makoto saved the Remnants not because of his abdolutist attitude, but because he sympathized with them? Like the anime is showing, they were essentially normal students like Makoto and his friends were before Junko came in, and he remembers how much the killing game changed them. He still values his (murderous) friends from the game regardless of what they did. It's more about the message saving them will do to Junko's damage than what they actually did themselves.

I mean, I get it. In this universe Despair is like a cockroach and no matter how many of them the Future Foundation kills there are always more hidden or being formed, so rehibilitation is a different way of fighting it without killing half the planet.

Well, we were bound to get an episode sooner or later to shill Ultra Despair Girls and make it important to the main plotline. Monaca
completely giving up and going to become a NEET in outer space made me laugh so hard that
it was worth UDG's existence.

Well, we were bound to get an episode sooner or later to shill Ultra Despair Girls and make it important to the main plotline. Monaca
completely giving up and going to become a NEET in outer space made me laugh so hard that
it was worth UDG's existence.

I'm fucking crying.

edit:

Does anyone else feel that
This episode really tried to make Monaca look like Chiaki?

Also that fucking "komaeda made me into an adult" line, what the actual fuck.

Burbeting

Banned
I really disliked the whole plotline of UDG, so I wasn't big on this episode centering around that narrative again. But on the other hand, I did kinda enjoy this episode, it gave some laughs in it's sheer absurdity even in Danganronpa standards.

Also,
Monaca was given the complete Poochie treatment, even coupled with escaping to her home planet of being NEET.
That truly made this episode worth it.

Ryan_MSF

Adored this episode from start to finish, the throwback with
Byakuya on top of the car with the yeah yeah yeah song
had me laughing for a good few minutes. Sad to think we're over half-way done now ):

Nightbird

Oh my God, this Episode was the best.

Monoca is the greatest

I bursted out laughing when she said to google who is going to be killed. That was 100% aimed at us lol

Luigi87

Still waiting on Funi...

So I'm playing Tales of Xillia, I just met Teepo and immediately went
"Oh dang, that's Junko!... and Genocide Jack... and Kurokuma... and Seiko... wow Erin Fitzgerald voices a lot of Danganronpa characters," lol (I really enjoy her roles though)

h0tp0ck3t

Still waiting on Funi...

So I'm playing Tales of Xillia, I just met Teepo and immediately went
"Oh dang, that's Junko!... and Genocide Jack... and Kurokuma... and Seiko... wow Erin Fitzgerald voices a lot of Danganronpa characters," lol (I really enjoy her roles though)

And best Chie. Come at me persona fans ;)

Mendrox

lol@people calling this episode filler. Play Ultra Despair Girls morons! Game is not only fun, but totally fucked up and made this episode golden for me.

Well that episode was kinda useless. She just gave up. Just left a "one of DR1 characters will die" hint then went to space.

Chiaki is going to die in episode 8 right? Monaca had the same handheld and same game Chiaki was playing. And she got GAME OVER on Stage 8

Red Frost

Banned
Yeah, i have problem with what Naegi did, but on the other hand, he genuinely believe remnant of despair to be another victim of Junko, and if he did manage to revert them, they be an useful asset to restore the world.

See I do think this is cool in the dilemma it creates. From a logical perspective, there's not much problem with it. Looking toward the future instead of dwelling on the past to help the world recover sounds great in theory, regardless of how horrific one's past is.

But humans are more emotional than they are logical. Even if the remnants were fully rehabilitated and have no chance of doing anything bad again, it would still be insensitive as fuck if they were to say, be invited into the future foundation (hell it even would be with the Warriors of hope). How would the families of the people that were mutilated, raped, etc. by the remnants feel knowing they'll be relying on those monsters to bring the world back to order? It would be like leaving the people behind Unit 737 free times a thousand.

DNAbro

Episode was actually important cause it proved that Monaca wasn't the mastermind. Just a bystander is watching the despair happen for her own joy.

Ryota currently has my vote as mastermind.

lol@people calling this episode filler. Play Ultra Despair Girls morons! Game is not only fun, but totally fucked up and made this episode golden for me.

UDG as a whole is pretty terrible to me. The gameplay is very clunky and what you'd expect from a series randomly going from Visual Novel to TPS. The story, while it did offer some good explanations for the Incident with the Towa Group and Monokumas it also took too long to get going and didn't have many likable characters. With D1/2 and the Future Anime we have large cast of new interesting characters but for most of UDG you've got Komaru, Toko and the four shitkids. Not to mention the numerous "feel bad for the villains because they're mistreated kids" moments that made hate the writers more than anything else.

I find it hilarious that in the end Monaca ends up being worthless . I'd take Nagito over her being the Mastermind. Though I'll admit this anime made me like her more than I did in the games. She's clearly the best of the kids.

kewlmyc

Not even on a good day can I recommend people play UDG. Maybe watch an LP of it or something, but the game just isn't really fun to play and the story is the weakest of the DR series by far (including DR0). I especially can't recommend it if this is the only part UDG is going to play in DR3.

All I can really do is give the DR team respect for trying a genre they've never done before. It's how you get experience, even if the game is kinda garbage.

Future 7

Ldm2d1K.jpg

Even though it didnt advance the plot much, I really liked this episode. I got a lot of laughs because of Monaca antics and the references.

Hopeman is really something else to mind break the second Junko Enoshima to think that she will never beat Hope. In the process, this causes her to become a NEET. Bravo Hopeman.

Dunno if I can take at face value Monaca warning after the prank she pulled with Asahina.

Also it seems Kizakura (Fedora man) NG is related to his left hand as he doesnt take it out of his pocket the entire game.

Monoca was always a ridiculous tryhard that wasn't 1/10th of Junko

This. Monaca wasn't all that into despair, and her methods were pretty forceful compared to the insinuations that Junko showed in DR0 (and probably in the Despair arc). She was just a kid emulating her idol, but as lacked the factor that made Junko interested in the chaos of Despair - her analytic talents - she was probably doing it for the attention and power it carried.

Also, the fact that Nagito Komaeda's brand of insanity annoyed her that much is hilarious, but it is still a Pocchie moment for the character. She seemed to be a wild card, but it looks that she won't have much of a role forward.

In which hand is the bracelet supposed to be. If that's his action he has to be involved somehow cause otherwise what happens if he just happened to have his left hand out when the game started?

Everyone has the bracelet on their left hand. I think it has to do something with his hand or something that it is in his pocket because as you say there is no way he could know when the game started (if he is not the traitor).

Luigi87

Future 07

Well I really enjoyed the first half of this episode. It was feeling like a real epilogue to Ultra Despair Girls (which, aside from the dumb groping mini-game, I really enjoyed).

... Then it got... weird..

Then it got...

but on the whole it wasn't a bad episode.
I actually said to a friend yesterday that I hoped the Warriors of Hope theme would play, and bam it kicked off the episode, lol

At least only two days until Despair 7!... as long as Funi doesn't get another delay @_@

Edit: On the flip side... depending if DRv3 takes place in the same timeline, years later, Monaka (I'm shocked it's actually spelled with a k, lol) can totally come back.

Debirudog

I'm in the "Komaeda is the mastermind" camp. He's the most interesting villain to me, even more so than Junko. I think a perversion of a protag is infinitely interesting.

Maebe

I can't tell if getting child demon Junko into space was part of his keikaku or not but it's amazing Nagito ended up saving Towa City in the end. And without Monaka around, Naegi would have been dead, right? How does this guy have so much impact without even being there, lol.

Eumi

Naegi's Ultimate Luck, too. He has his own plot armor.
I still think Naegis gonna bite it. It'd help explain why they wanted to do a to show for this instead of a game: you can't kill off your MC if they're the players viewpoint, so move to a medium where that doesn't matter.

Debirudog

Does anyone think Kyoko's gonna die.

I'm trolling my friend here how it would be very fitting if Chiaki and Kyoko died the same week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom