• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Noi

I'm leaving the presents for last so I can just do them with 999 coins after I'm done with the School Mode endings. Just two more runs to go.

Finished the Animation just now... man, 90% of the budget DID go to Junko's chest.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Junko (Mukuro ver.) is the only one that likes the handbra, I'd love to know the rationale behind that.

Labrys

I'm leaving the presents for last so I can just do them with 999 coins after I'm done with the School Mode endings. Just two more runs to go.

Finished the Animation just now... man, 90% of the budget DID go to Junko's chest.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Junko (Mukuro ver.) is the only one that likes the handbra, I'd love to know the rationale behind that.

Genocider also likes it, but that makes more sense.

Volcynika

if you plan on doing school mode you'll wind up getting 999 monocoins on your way to completing the 'school's out forever' trophy.

I made one run through it so far and maxed out the report cards at least. Now reading the thread, I see why it felt so impossible to even get most of them done the first run.

I think the remaining ones I have left are:

-All gallery items
-All presents
-999 Monocoins
-500 or whatever noise destroyed
-All School Mode endings

I thiiiiiiiink that's it.

AniHawk

I made one run through it so far and maxed out the report cards at least. Now reading the thread, I see why it felt so impossible to even get most of them done the first run.

I think the remaining ones I have left are:

-All gallery items
-All presents
-999 Monocoins
-500 or whatever noise destroyed
-All School Mode endings

I thiiiiiiiink that's it.

getting school mode endings will take care of all that. each playthrough with a school mode ending nets you 200 monocoins. if you do a perfect run with everyone, you can clear school mode in four tries, but it will probably take five or six at least.

as for the 500 white noise lines destroyed, set the difficulty to kind (so you have 25 minutes per trial phase), and go into the sixth chapter. then when monokuma starts listing off the names of the students, kill off the white noise and have it loop over and over until you get the trophy.

Volcynika

getting school mode endings will take care of all that. each playthrough with a school mode ending nets you 200 monocoins. if you do a perfect run with everyone, you can clear school mode in four tries, but it will probably take five or six at least.

as for the 500 white noise lines destroyed, set the difficulty to kind (so you have 25 minutes per trial phase), and go into the sixth chapter. then when monokuma starts listing off the names of the students, kill off the white noise and have it loop over and over until you get the trophy.

Ok, good to hear. Still kinda figuring out the best ways to approach School Mode since you have to make all the backups to get the ending, but yeah. Still have some events and such still as ????? in the gallery too that I have to go back and find.

Noi

So in the animation, they actually use a different picture for Toko's "Group Picture" than the one in the game, which was a bit surprising. Is there a higher quality version of it anywhere? I'd look for it myself but I'm still wary of spoilers for the second game on the internet.

Dugna

I thought maybe staying in your room during School mode would unlock something more about Naegi but it seems to be a waste of time from what I see.

Labrys

So in the animation, they actually use a different picture for Toko's "Group Picture" than the one in the game, which was a bit surprising. Is there a higher quality version of it anywhere? I'd look for it myself but I'm still wary of spoilers for the second game on the internet.

not much higher in quality but the sepia-y filter's off of it

Since people are requesting anime screencaps, does anyone know if there's a clean screenshot of the ending when all of the students are in the picture?

He sure is no clairvoyant.

Let's give him credit though, he got at least two things right even if one was only right in an alternate timeline.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just beat the game. I had various complaints about it as I played, but by the end, I think it was definitely more than the sum of its parts. Eagerly waiting on the sequel.

Leon's execution was definitely the best. I loved the whole staredown in the courtroom and the subsequent chain pulling scene. I wish every execution had similar scenes, just for the facial expressions of the victims. His execution was also relevant to his title, unlike a lot of the others. Celeste not dying in some roulette contraption really let me down. Finally, it felt like the most dynamic. Between the camera swivels to Monokuma's participation, it felt way stronger than the Alter Ego execution and Makoto/Kyoko's execution. Both seemed like pretty generic "death by smashing". Overall, Leon's execution left a great impression on me that not only was not surpassed by any subsequent execution, but wasn't even matched. Maybe except for when Junko actually got splattered.

Dugna

Wow this game has some really hidden references, hell there is even a Terraria reference in the school mode.

Yeah, Celeste's execution should have really been gambling related. A giant roulette wheel with a ball crushing her would be better than a boring firetruck, even if there is some subtle meaning to it.

pariah164

Okay, so. To clarify, if you don't finish building a Monokuma model, it's Game Over for school mode, right?

Damned butler... five motors, grumble grumble.

Noi

Okay, so. To clarify, if you don't finish building a Monokuma model, it's Game Over for school mode, right?

Damned butler... five motors, grumble grumble.

You can keep going to improve stats and finish off the notebook if you haven't already, but yeah you won't get any endings besides the bad one.

Dakkumauji mentioned this on twitter earlier and I've been laughing my ass off. Danganronpa Abridged Thing.

pariah164

Aaand failed at Monokuma Butler. I am so raging mad right now. Guess I need the bad ending at least once though right?

If only I could specify what needs to be found when I scavenge, that would make this shit so much easier.

kewlmyc

You can keep going to improve stats and finish off the notebook if you haven't already, but yeah you won't get any endings besides the bad one.

Dakkumauji mentioned this on twitter earlier and I've been laughing my ass off. Danganronpa Abridged Thing.

Usually I avoided abridged series cause most suck, but this was hilarious.

"He disposed of the evidence the only way he knew how, throwing a round ball at something."

Dugna

Holy crap just finished Yasuhiro's report card.....why did this guy have to live till the end? guy wanted Naegi's organs and crap.

Stupid Toko, I wanted to know what was Ishimaru's embarrassing secret.

So yes, Spike Chunsoft, that's another thing I want to know. What was everyone's embarrassing secret.

I guess we already know Makoto's, Chihiro's and Mondo's.

789shadow

Banned
Stupid Toko, I wanted to know what was Ishimaru's embarrassing secret.

So yes, Spike Chunsoft, that's another thing I want to know. What was everyone's embarrassing secret.

I guess we already know Makoto's, Chihiro's and Mondo's.
I'm guessing they never bothered to write them.

I built every monokuma backup and had 2 characters at max relationship level, but I didn't get their endings. Is there something else that I'm missing?

Steel

Banned
I built every monokuma backup and had 2 characters at max relationship level, but I didn't get their endings. Is there something else that I'm missing?

Did you both get their report card maxed and their field trip affection level max? If you only maxed one or the other it doesn't work.

Top Bottom